LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Aniruddha Mulay

It sounds like the schedule for delivering Mk1A to the IAF is subject to ongoing “disruptions in the supply chain” for the programme.

I wonder when ongoing “disruptions in the supply chain” for the programme are scheduled to come to an end.

HAL delays delivery of first Tejas Mk 1A to mid-2024 (janes.com) ** sorry, link doe snot work **
A fully-completed aircraft that has already completed its first flight will take 2 more months to be delivered, yeah sure LoL 😂 😂 😂

MirageBlue

Country flag
It sounds like the schedule for delivering Mk1A to the IAF is subject to ongoing “disruptions in the supply chain” for the programme.

I wonder when ongoing “disruptions in the supply chain” for the programme are scheduled to come to an end.

HAL delays delivery of first Tejas Mk 1A to mid-2024 (janes.com) ** sorry, link doe snot work **
It is clearly stated that certain components from Israel, Russia and Ukraine for the Tejas Mk1A program have been delayed, leading to this delay. Anyway, mid of this year is next month. Chill, the Tejas Mk1A program will be delivered mostly on schedule.

Better than Boeing which is struggling to manage both the F-15X program which is delayed due to Boeing's in-house forward fuselage production issues as well as the T-7A program that is delayed by several years already.

shade

Country flag
It is clearly stated that certain components from Israel, Russia and Ukraine for the Tejas Mk1A program have been delayed, leading to this delay. Anyway, mid of this year is next month. Chill, the Tejas Mk1A program will be delivered mostly on schedule.

Better than Boeing which is struggling to manage both the F-15X program which is delayed due to Boeing's in-house forward fuselage production issues as well as the T-7A program that is delayed by several years already.
What are these components? Israel i guess it's some electronics but the ex-Soviet biraders?

Spitfire9

Country flag

I
I'm curious. I did not know Mk1A had Russian or Ukrainian parts in it. Are they in the first Mk1A to fly?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles