LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Satish Sharma

Country flag
the well known 9800 kg (clean) TOW- 2450kg fuel=7350kg... this operational empty weight is reasonable which could be 7040 struacture Empty weight + 300kg (pilot, necessary liquid and gas, 23mm ammuuniton)

this '10330kg' is a little puzzling

View attachment 245897
9850kg clean takeoff weight is for Tejas mk1 right..
~7 ton empty weight & mk1 carries oxygen tanks too &.many other things... Got it.

pankaj nema

Country flag

Hari Sud

Country flag
i think you are missing a key element that the political will makes or breaks the project its better said that if there is a will there is a way like you can see the political will of current government is to grow the economy hard and you can see the results better quicker infra projects,strategic roads by bro ,better connectivity they are going all out in that sector .
ps i think a month delay is kinda ok considering its hal (they have messed up timing big time much more than 1 month on multiple deliveries)
‘You prefer to blame the politicians for not actively funding the project. I am blaming the bureaucrats who have the most complicated process to approve anything after the political will has been exercised.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
there's another takeaway from today's test flight, ultra conservative DPSU has conducted first flight inspite of possible engine failure in a separate incident two weeks back.

desh badal raha hai...

5-10 years back, they would have postponed the test under same circumstances.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
there's another takeaway from today's test flight, ultra conservative DPSU has conducted first flight inspite of possible engine failure in a separate incident two weeks back.

desh badal raha hai...

5-10 years back, they would have postponed the test under same circumstances.
accha din we all waited for but still lot of work has to be done

slayingheaven

Country flag
I sometimes feel its unfair to blame HAL for most of the fleet deterioration or changing timelines, as its mostly caused by Babus and IAF. HAL for whatever their worth, delivered on time. It is one of the actual competent organization in plethora of failed DPUs, ofcourse this is regarding Manufacturing part.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I sometimes feel its unfair to blame HAL for most of the fleet deterioration or changing timelines, as its mostly caused by Babus and IAF. HAL for whatever their worth, delivered on time. It is one of the actual competent organization in plethora of failed DPUs, ofcourse this is regarding Manufacturing part.
People are blaming HAL for a week of delay in FF , and can't comprehend that a Complex project like a jet can have a week of delay it's not even a delay if it's just a week according to me.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles