Kulbhushan Jadhav - Developments

xeaaex

It's such an intelligent retort, I don't know what to say.

The UN security resolutions have already been rendered useless after the UN removed Kashmir from its list of disputed regions in 2010. It is not the UN which is standing between India and POK, that matter is unresolved because of Pakistani military occupation of POK, not because of some legal judgement.

Indus water treaty is held in place not by legal order but because of US and European pressure on India. US and EU have made huge investments to build hydroelectric dams on the Pakistani side of Indus and they are the ones who have pressurized India from stopping water to their projects.

Being on the right side of the legal argument is not solving any of our problems. It needs to be solved like 1971. If things could have been resolved legally, then Raja Harisingh's accession document would have been enough for the whole of Kashmir to be under our writ already.
Current government Don't give a Damn about us or europe or russia, didn't you read recent news about passing decision to build hom made nuclear power plant just ahead of Putin's visit while the signing of mou between russia and India is still pending.
It's a slap on russias face.
Likewise current government do not care about usa or europe and won't budge to any external pressure.
They will do whatever the think is right.

mendosa

UN security council resolution still stands
Whose grandmother told you that? It's not 1947 anymore. There was a new website invented by human beings known as Google. When you go to Google.com and type "UN list of disputed territories" it will throw up a new page known as search result. That will contain a list of disputed territories. Kashmir has been removed in 2010.

You have a history of making things up. Either provide citations for your fairy tales or accept other people's citations and update your knowledge.

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
Kulbhushan Jadhav verdict: India wins at ICJ, Pakistan's lies exposed! What all court said - EXPLAINED in 10 points
India wins at ICJ; Pakistan snubbed!

By Zee Media Bureau | Last Updated: Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 16:07

Comment

The Hague: Here are the TOP 10 points made by International Court of Justice during pronouncement of the verdict in Kulbhushan Jadhav case:-

1- International Court of Justice stays death sentence given to Kulbhushan Jadhav by Pakistani military court until further notice

- Execution stayed till final decision is made, which is scheduled for end of August 2017: Judge Ronny Abraham

- Appropriate to say that Pak shall take all measures at its disposal to ensure Kulbhushan Jadhav is not executed pending final decision: ICJ

- Don't execute Jadhav: Judge Ronny Abraham

2- "India reiterated request for consular access."

-India should have been given consular access as per Vienna convention, says ICJ Judge Ronny Abraham

-India has right to seek consular access: Judge Ronny Abraham

3- "Circumstances of Kulbhushan Jadhav's arrest in dispute."

4- "India and Pakistan have been parties to the Vienna Convention and optional protocol."

5- Pakistan objections overruled: "No need to consider Pakistan's objections."

6- "India and Pakistan differ on issue of consular access to Jadhav."

7- "The acts alleged by India are under the scope of the Vienna Convention."

8- Court doesn't need to decide whether Vienna Convention can limit rights on bilateral agreement, says Judge Ronny Abraham

9- Court has jurisdiction to entertain dispute of both parties: Judge Ronny Abraham

- Provision of bilateral agreement not a limitation: ICJ

10- Rights invoked by India under the Vienna Convention are plausible: ICJ Judge Ronny Abraham

http://zeenews.india.com/india/kulb...explained-in-10-important-points-2006536.html

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Current government Don't give a Damn about us or europe or russia, didn't you read recent news about passing decision to build hom made nuclear power plant just ahead of Putin's visit while the signing of mou between russia and India is still pending.
It's a slap on russias face.
Likewise current government do not care about usa or europe and won't budge to any external pressure.
They will do whatever the think is right.
Right way to put is that current Govt choose their fights wisely. If they smell a win they will go all the way without half measures.

TheHurtLocker

Country flag
Stick to the subject people.
IWT WB etc can be reserved for a different time.
Today is a day for the celebration of life.
Kulbhushan Ji gets to live for a few more months.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Better put the entire country on high alert.

History has shown Paki army doesn't mind arty firing and loosing a few soldiers/civilians but they take loosing face seriously.

Expect a tango attack in next couple of weeks.
In Kashmir momentum would increase.

Secondly, I don't want to keep away Chinese factor.

Just a thought:

Is it possible the drama was staged by both India and Pak at ICJ, because Pakistan wanted to get rid of Chinese pressure of not to give counsellor access to Cmdr Jadhav. As most of the generals and leaders are corrupted by China. There was no way they could have disobeyed China. So they fooled them? Well this is hypothesis. Because I am sure there will be some minds measuring chinese penetration into paki regime.

mendosa

This will atleast mean Pakistan cannot bitch about Kashmir in the UN.
They already know that their UN tirade has no listeners. They only use the UN platform for grand standing to bolster their domestic population.

Kashmir has already been removed from UN disputes, see this :

Jammu and Kashmir out of U.N. list of disputes

Even Pakistani news outlets have reported on it :

Jammu and Kashmir no more on UN list of disputes
[Dunya News]

And as usual, Pakistan 1 - India 0
If the Bhakts are to be believed we already won bro, Chanakya strategy bro, Chanakya bro, we won bro. Everything is Chanakya. Don't ask any questions, just say Chanakya bro, covert bro. Problem solved.

India : 101, Pakistan : 0

I'm with @ezsasa next step is to prepare for another Pakistani provocation. Once a Punjabi finds that you are back in a corner and going out of the way to avoid a confrontation, then it's simply a matter of hitting you repeatedly to test your limits.

The domestic situation in Pakistan is such that they WANT India to hit them. The military establishment is trying to topple Nawaz Sharif and they know that the Baniyas don't want a military dictatorship in Pakistan and will do anything to avoid that possibility, including taking hits without retaliating.

The best way to delegitimize the civilian government is for their military to show their population that India is attacking and they need a military dictatorship to defend their "deen". This is Janjua trying to settle into his new role and prodding India to see how far we allow him to go.

If the series of deliberately provocative actions haven't made it obvious already, then I don't know what will. First the beheading of our soldiers, then the attack on a training academy in Afghanistan killing 100 Afghan soldiers, then the immediate announcement of Kulbhushan's execution, all within the short span of a week. We have been found on the back foot.

They will keep pushing us backwards until we learn to kick back. No point claiming triumph on a legal stay order. This doesn't guarantee his return in any way. In fact, this doesn't guarantee anything. They might just go ahead and execute him, and STILL retain IWT with the help of US pressure and keep using the UN to cry about imaginary resolutions.

The US, China and Pakistan need to be given a pungent desi dose otherwise this provocation will continue.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Better put the entire country on high alert.

History has shown Paki army doesn't mind arty firing and loosing a few soldiers/civilians but they take loosing face seriously.

Expect a tango attack in next couple of weeks.
1 policeman injured in a grenade blast at Safa Kadal area of downtown Srinagar, J&K, India.
Further details awaited

Tarun Kumar

Whose grandmother told you that? It's not 1947 anymore. There was a new website invented by human beings known as Google. When you go to Google.com and type "UN list of disputed territories" it will throw up a new page known as search result. That will contain a list of disputed territories. Kashmir has been removed in 2010.

You have a history of making things up. Either provide citations for your fairy tales or accept other people's citations and update your knowledge.
Lol brother please do google very very carefully because I have and I challenge you to disprove me:

1) UN Security Council resolution on Kashmir still stands and it cannot be removed without consent of all veto wielding members including China.I have seen the UN site myself including that of UNMOGP and the UNSC resolution is very much valid which is why UNMOGIP refused to accept India's request to shut down. UNMOGIP is still present on both sides of LOC which would not be case if kaashmir was not a disputed territory.
2) kashmir was ommitted from list of disputed territories in a UN security council policy paper. Pakistan objected to it and was informed that it was inadverdant. Policy papers are not same as Resolutions. UNSC resolution on kashmir still stands and is a pillar of resolution mechanism- something which India accepted even as late as 2008 under Musharaff manmohan 4 point formula.
3) the only thing which makes the resolution redundant apart from all 5 SC members deciding to remove it is if one party is shown to be a rogue state under international law and cannot be expected to obey minimum conditions for resolution as per UNSC. This is precisely why Israel cannot overide palestine . Paki rejection of ICJ verdict will effectively render it a rogue state under international law and make its stance on UNSC resolution irrelevant.

I am 100% sure that jadhav was set up by RAW for precisely such a scenario. RAW would not send a retired navy businessman using pseudonym of Hussain Mubarak patel. It is a very deep game where people are just pawns.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The very fact that we had to rush to a third body shows our limitation as a regional power. It shows we don't have the ability by ourselves or via backing of other powers to arm twist the Pakis.

As for IWT, forget scrapping, let's just use what's ours. We are still years away from even having that capacity, let alone the political will that I fear we'll never have.

Spare a thought for Mr. 500000 pounds

Why? He knew he was going to lose this round. He made good money.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
ull text of Kulbhushan Jadhav's confession made during a press conference in presence of Pakistani Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid and ISPR Dir Gen Lieutenant General Asim Saleem Bajwa:

"My name is Commander Kulbhushan Yadav and I am the serving officer of Indian Navy. I am from the cadre of engineering department of Indian Navy and my cover name was Hussein Mubarik Patel, which I had taken for doing some intelligence gathering for Indian agencies.

"I joined the National Defence Academy in 1987 and subsequently joined Indian Navy in Jan 1991 and subsequently served for the Indian Navy till around December 2001 when the Parliament attack occurred and that is when I started contributing my services towards gathering of information and intelligence within India.

"I live in the city of Mumbai in India. I am still the serving officer in the Indian Navy and will be due for retirement by 2022 as a commissioned officer in Indian Navy after having completed 14 years of service by 2002.

"I commenced intelligence operation in 2003 and established a small business in Chabahar in Iran as I was able to achieve undetected existence and visits to Karachi in 2003 and 2004 and having done some basic assignments within India for RAW.

"I was picked up by RAW in 2013 end. Ever since I have been directing various activities in Balochistan and Karachi at the behest of RAW and deteriorating law and order situation in Karachi, I was basically the man for Mr. Anil Kumar Gupta who is the joint secretary of RAW and his contacts in Pakistan especially in Balochistan Student Organisation.

"My purpose was to hold meetings with Baloch insurgents and carry out activities with their collaboration."These activities have been of criminal nature, leading to killing of or maiming of Pakistani citizens.

"I realise during this process that RAW is involved in some activities related to the Baloch liberation movement within Pakistan and the region around it.

"There are finances which are fed into the Baloch movement through various contacts or various ways and means into the Baloch liberation (movement) and various activities of the Baloch liberation and RAW handlers go towards activities which are criminal, which are anti-national, which can lead to maiming or killing of people within Pakistan and mostly these activities were centred around of what I have knowledge is of ports of Gwadar, Pasni Jewani and various other installations, which are around the coast damaging various other installations, which are in Balochistan.

"So the activity seems to be revolving and trying to create a criminal sort of mindset within the Baloch liberation which leads to instability within Pakistan. In my pursuit towards achieving the set targets by my handlers in RAW, I was trying to cross over into Pakistan from the Saravan border in Iran on March 3, 2016, and was apprehended by Pakistani authorities while on the Pakistani side and the main aim of this crossing over into Pakistan was to hold (a) meeting with Baloch separatists in Balochistan for carrying out various activities, which they were supposed to undertake and carrying backwards the messages which had to deliver to Indian agencies.

"The main issues regarding this were that they were planning to conduct some operations within the next immediate (near) future so that was to be discussed mainly and that was the main aim of trying to coming into Pakistan.

"So that moment I realised that my intelligence operations have been compromised on my being detained in Pakistan, I revealed that I am an Indian naval officer, and it is on mentioning that I am Indian naval officer, the total perception of the establishment of the Pakistani side changed and they treated me very honourably and they did utmost respect and due regards and have handled me subsequently on a more professional and proper courteous way and they have handled me in a way that befits that of an officer and once I realised that I have been compromised in my process of intelligence operations, I decided to just end the mess I have landed myself in and just wanted to subsequently move on and cooperate with the authorities in removing complications which I have landed myself and my family members into, and whatever I am stating just now, it is the truth and it is not under any duress or pressure. I am doing it totally out of my own desire to mention and come clean out of this entire process which I have gone through last 14 years."

Pakistan claims its security forces had arrested Jadhav from the restive Balochistan province on March 3 last year after he reportedly entered from Iran. It also claimed that he was "a serving officer in the Indian Navy." The Pakistan Army had also released a "confessional video" of Jadhav.

India had acknowledged that Jadhav had served with the navy but denied that he has any connection with the government. "The individual has no link with government since his premature retirement from Indian Navy," the External Affairs Ministry had said in a statement in March last year. India had demanded Consular access to Jadhav, but Pakistan repeatedly denied it.

The ISPR statement, however, said Jadhav alias Hussein Mubarak Patel was "provided with defending officer as per legal provisions".

Pakistan army's decision today is expected to further strain the ties between India and Pakistan. The two countries have been at loggerheads over several issues, including on Pakistan's support to terrorism, since the terror attack on an Indian army base in Uri in Kashmir in September last year by Pakistan-based militants killed 18 Indian soldiers. Ten days later, India launched "surgical strikes" against militant "launchpads" in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.

The two sides were also engaged in a war of words last year over Pakistan's provocative statements on the turmoil in Kashmir following the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani in July last year.

With PTI inputs.

ReportIndiaDNA Web TeamDNA webdesk

http://jollypost.com/read-full-text...s-alleged-confession-to-pakistan-authorities/

found this.................. its worth reading............... full of contradictions

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It would be better if MEA sends one more request for consular access now citing ICJ judgment, within the next couple of days.

Just so that pakis don't do anything stupid.

mendosa

Pakistan ALREADY lost the right to claim Kashmir to be disputed after the UN removed it from the list of disputes in 2010. It's just that they keep saying it in their speeches because the UN council does not impose any restrictions on what the leader of the country says in his speech. He can even sing a song in the time allotted to him.

There will never be court proceedings in the UN regarding Kashmir anyway. Pakistan just uses it as a propaganda platform to "draw the world's attention to the human rights violations in Kashmir".

mendosa

whatever I am stating just now, it is the truth and it is not under any duress or pressure. I am doing it totally out of my own desire to mention and come clean out of this entire process which I have gone through last 14 years."
So adding that one line in the end magically makes the confession true.

Mashalla Pakistani brain. If a person can be tortured to accept one full page of fake accusations then can he not be made to say one extra line to claim that he was not tortured. It has been written by a cheap Madrassa lawyer. Which normal person talks this way?

"my activities led to the death and maiming of Pakistani citizens".

"I realise during this process that RAW is involved in some activities related to the Baloch liberation movement"

Was it not apparent when he was hired on the first day itself?

First they claim that he was the point man for everything happening in Balochistan, then they say that he realized that RAW was involved in Baloch liberation much later.

Inbred Ghazis cannot come up with even one paragraph of fake confession without making logical errors.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles