Kulbhushan Jadhav - Developments

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
History of Actual/Alleged Indian spies arrested by Pakistan

The Indian spy who has been sentenced to death, Kulbhushan Jadhav, is the most recent individual to be tried on espionage charges, but Pakistan and India have a long history of arresting and trying 'spies'.

Sarabjit Singh
Sarabjit Singh was arrested by Pakistani authorities in August 1990. At the time, India said that an inebriated 27-year-old Singh had strayed across the border while ploughing his field.

He was arrested on charges of carrying out four bombings in Faisalabad, Multan and Lahore which killed 14 Pakistani citizens. He was later sentenced to death.

Singh was fatally assaulted on April 26, 2013, by two fellow prisoners in Kot Lakhpat jail. Singh suffered severe injuries in the head and was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Lahore’s Jinnah Hospital where a medical board comprising senior neurosurgeons treated him.

He died on May 2, 2013. The Indian government conducted a state funeral after his body was brought back to India by his family members.

Kashmir Singh
Kashmir Singh was a convicted Indian spy on death row and spent 35 years in prison in Pakistan. Throughout his incarceration, he insisted he was not a spy. He was arrested in 1973.

Kashmir Singh receives a hero's welcome on his return to India. -BBC

Singh was pardoned by then President Pervez Musharraf and returned to India where he was given a hero's welcome.

“I was a spy and did my duty,” admitted Singh after crossing the border, the Press Trust of India news agency reported, adding he was paid about 400 rupees a month for his work.

“I went to serve the country,” he told reporters in Chandigarh after his release.

“Even Pakistan authorities failed to get this information from me,” he added.

Ravindra Kaushik
Ravindra Kaushik was born in India's Rajasthan and was recruited by the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) while working as a theatre artist.

After receiving two years of training, he was sent to Pakistan in 1975, where he enrolled in Karachi University under the alias of Nabi Ahmad Shakir.

After graduation, Kaushik joined the Pakistan Army as a commissioned officer and got promoted to the rank of Major.

During 1979-83, he passed on sensitive information to RAW. His run as a spy ended when another Indian spy was caught by Pakistani forces. The arrested spy blew Kaushik's cover.

Kaushik was incarcerated for 16 years and died in 2001 while imprisoned in Multan Jail after contracting pulmonary tuberculosis.

Sheikh Shamim
Sheikh Shamim was arrested by Pakistani authorities in 1989 and was charged with spying for RAW.

Authorities said he was caught "red-handed” near the Pak-India border while spying. He was hanged by the authorities in 1999.
So only one guy came back alive, that's not comforting...

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Lol, Kashmir Singh guy seems really naive to reveal what he was working for after getting released. Maybe he wanted recognition for his work but he shouldn't have revealed his work. I heard this complaint from Paki counterparts often when we were trying to get Sarabjit back that previously a guy released in good faith turned out to be a spy.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Dont worry bigger payback will be planned, dish will be served cold, you need to give time.
Why not after all Indians are the pioneer of spy craft and psychological warfare. During 300 ~ BC Chanakya had employed even the prostitutes as Spies and he also talks about psychological warfare when Indian agents sperad rumours and fake information in Greek camps about Indian military apart from separate Dept

Bhoot Pishach

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Lol, Kashmir Singh guy seems really naive to reveal what he was working for after getting released. Maybe he wanted recognition for his work but he shouldn't have revealed his work. I heard this complaint from Paki counterparts often when we were trying to get Sarabjit back that previously a guy released in good faith turned out to be a spy.
Why not ????

He was rotting in Pakistani Jail for his whole life!!

For whom???

For the sake of India only.

But what India has given him in return???

"BABAJI KA THULLU"

If your nation cannot give you anything for your services which is whole of your life, which you spent whole of it in REAL HELL, you deserve the right to tell the nation what and why you faced it.

If You dont like this reply then bear with me.

mavles ihctep

Mushraf just now said in CNN TV18 interview to zakka we will hang who ever we capture inside pakistan and they will not give counsellor access neither they will worry about vienna convention and no one can do anything . He simply says fuck off do what you guys want but we will hang him..Though he is not current president but still an Ex army chief so we can understand how pakistan will act ..

Wow Navin koli of BJP is saying in the tv show pakistan wants to use yadav as a pawn for some exchange .... Does this guy spilled the beans that we have got hold of the Porki ISI guy????
Musharraf period is one of the best period for india.musharraf government took some credible actions against anti india terrorists in POK

pruthvi24

Country flag
i think this knee jerk reaction from PAK clearly shows that atleast they think we have their guy and it looks like a big catch for us as they are acting very desperate we are moving in right direction MEA issued statement and there is complete radio silence on the their Lt.col and its better to keep it that way Pak is clearly sending message to its sympathisers here to attach kulbhushan yadav with their missing officer and propose an exchange
1)once we reveal the we have the missing officer media will go bonkers & pressure will be on us to exchange him with Yadav
2)from above post its clear ex cctv guy ZAKKA is clerverly linking yadav with missing ISI officer and forcing govt to reveal its cards soon some more PAK loving media will follow him
3)we have too many Pak sympathisers at very influential position it will put govt in corner don't forget last time when modi said not to talk with hurriat leaders and how it unfolded
4)Radio silence by our govt is good if they hang yadav we can dispose ISI guy easily if we reveal he is with US and PAK executes yadav he will become another yakub memon for us endless mercy petitions mid night hearing after eating India's ration for free
if he is with us hope we milk him fully and then put him in some gutter of lumbini or katmandu

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why not ????

He was rotting in Pakistani Jail for his whole life!!

For whom???

For the sake of India only.

But what India has given him in return???

"BABAJI KA THULLU"

If your nation cannot give you anything for your services which is whole of your life, which you spent whole of it in REAL HELL, you deserve the right to tell the nation what and why you faced it.

If You dont like this reply then bear with me.
If you are really rotting in enemy jail for the nation, you wouldn't complaint that you are at not getting your due. He could make the complaints in private, what did he get by opening his mouth either. Nothing except providing an excuse to enemy state to prevent release of an actual innocent Indian who wandered off into Paki territory. Using your logic, all the soldiers risking their lives should abandon their uniform, reject their commitment to safeguard motherland.

Dude, there are such risks in these jobs, you don't always get the return. You ought to take comfort in the fact that you are serving the motherland and bureaucrats don't do enough, then not complain but to come back and make attempts for changes within. There is nothing to dislike your reply sir, there just isn't a short/long term benefit but a few negative implications.

Degenarate

Country flag
Dont worry bigger payback will be planned, dish will be served cold, you need to give time.
Time for just tit for tat is over. Sorry to say but this is an outright slap. I was hopeful that we will be able to get this innocent man out from hell especially after Sartaz Aziz admitted they don't have evidence to implicate him.
But what we did? we exchanged sweets on the border. And this after our innocent ex naval officer who after serving his nation well was going through immense torture and now will have his life prematurely ended by the same people who spill our people's blood in Kashmir.
I am tired of all this endless pussy footing. It makes me sick to the stomach.

TheSeeker

So You have more Intel and understand the game better? Is it?

The Pakis are going rave mad to get their guy back and are looking for the Paki sympathasizrs here to get word out of Govt about the catch so that they can start the Rona Dhona to exchange the rat for Kulbhusan , same way the Aeroplane hijack incident was played out.

Tit for Tat is too immatured for a nation like India. You cannot overhaul the entire Paki sympathsizer network overnight that has been living here comfortably for years .

To hit them where it matters it will need time and we do not want to blow up the entire thing when the RAW have gotten the Big Mouse on the trap simply to please some people who understands tit for tat like children

Time for just tit for tat is over. Sorry to say but this is an outright slap. I was hopeful that we will be able to get this innocent man out from hell especially after Sartaz Aziz admitted they don't have evidence to implicate him.
But what we did? we exchanged sweets on the border. And this after our innocent ex naval officer who after serving his nation well was going through immense torture and now will have his life prematurely ended by the same people who spill our people's blood in Kashmir.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
These days ability to give sweets at the wagah border and the same time 100 KM ahead raining mortars on paki posts is exactly the kind of the country we should be....

we should stop having these binaries....

Gaurav Rai

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
God knows why i am getting bad feeling about this. Our most of the neighbours too have been somehow made against us except bhutan. These chini and porkis are planning something fishy. Sometimes i feel we should join NATO, Russia will only fall for china more in future wiz not in our interests anyways, so we should join NATO and be part of freedom loving progressive western nations, they are rich as well as powerful, which will yield only positive results for us.

bose

Country flag
If we have got the Pakistani monkey then it is the right time to bring him in front of everyone or TV and make him accept that he is in terrorist mission ... It does not make sense to hide him...

I have a feeling that Pakistanis are doing it once they know that their Monkey is also caught...

If they go with the hanging [ which I think they will] then we should also hang their monkey by his balls...

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
God knows why i am getting bad feeling about this. Our most of the neighbours too have been somehow made against us except bhutan. These chini and porkis are planning something fishy. Sometimes i feel we should join NATO, Russia will only fall for china more in future wiz not in our interests anyways, so we should join NATO and be part of freedom loving progressive western nations, they are rich as well as powerful, which will yield only positive results for us.
What do we get in return? Do we get economic benefits, military benefits? Whites in US don't like indian people.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Who cares about the numbers the fact is that Paki soldiers were behaeded in Kargil and their decapitated heads were pinned to the Tree in Brigade headquarter as a trophy.

That is fact.
Well regiment Do this But He was Not Alone in this I think Contribution of other members of his Ghatak Platoon was Shadowed.Well Every Countries Do these thinks To make Cults And Legends

Bhoot Pishach

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No concession would be given to the enemies of Pakistan: Khawaja Asif , Defence minister porkistan

I've no idea how you guys are coming up with exchange theories , they will definitely hang jadhav...both civil & military are on same path
I doubt that the Pakistani Spy Missing story is a hoax.

They just wanted to hang Shri Jadhav.

Because they were not having any proof against him.

For the sake of saving the face they just planned this bogey of "Pak Spy Missing" Drama.

And India will just helplessly watch his execution.

Sorry to say this this may also be true.

Gaurav Rai

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What do we get in return? Do we get economic benefits, military benefits? Whites in US don't like indian people.
We will get economic and millitary benefits for sure. Atleast we will not become more isolated due to this non alignment posture. We shouldn't presume that everyone hates us.

WARREN SS

Country flag
I doubt that the Pakistani Spy Missing story is a hoax.

They just wanted to hang Shri Jadhav.

Because they were not having any proof against him.

For the sake of saving the face they just planned this bogey of "Pak Spy Missing" Drama.

And India will just helplessly watch his execution.

Sorry to say this this may also be true.
Good Execution Is Better Fuel for us than his exchange

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles