Kaveri Engine

biswaranjanrath.sipu

Ya DRDO is working on a derivative of kaveri engine in the name of k10 which will have a better core in comparison to present kaveri.hence it will produce more thrust.

pmaitra

Ya DRDO is working on a derivative of kaveri engine in the name of k10 which will have a better core in comparison to present kaveri.hence it will produce more thrust.
That is the name of the core.

K9 is the old core. K10 is the new core. I read in another forum that they might abandon the K9 altogether and go with the K10 core. I am not sure how far this is true, and if true, whether it is the right approach.

sgarg

I think GTRE has been pushed to match F414 specs. They are doing whatever they can.

Neeraj Mathur

Country flag
K10 is a new derivative of Kaveri.

during mmrca winner announcement there was some French company who was interested in kaveri joint study or production, So i thought there are two engine project running.

power_monger

Country flag
K10 is planned for AMCA to produce a thrust of 115Kn.hopefully GTRE team suceeds in this effort.

sgarg

K10 is planned for AMCA to produce a thrust of 115Kn.hopefully GTRE team suceeds in this effort.
"It is proposed to develop production version Kaveri (K10) engine on co-design & co-development basis with M/s Snecma, France. The technical evaluation for this proposal has been completed. Tender Purchase Committee (TPC) with members from DRDO, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Air Force (IAF), Indian Navy (IN) and Integrated Finance (R&D) is negotiating the commercial aspects."

Livefist: Kaveri Update In Parliament

Last edited:

power_monger

Country flag
"It is proposed to develop production version Kaveri (K10) engine on co-design & co-development basis with M/s Snecma, France. The technical evaluation for this proposal has been completed. Tender Purchase Committee (TPC) with members from DRDO, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Air Force (IAF), Indian Navy (IN) and Integrated Finance (R&D) is negotiating the commercial aspects."

Livefist: Kaveri Update In Parliament
You are quoting 2011 article.Snecma deal is cancelled.They just tried to fool us by promising to put snemca core in kaveri engine which is more or less snecma engine itself. This was dropped.Lot of water has flown afterwards.

Nowdays there is a talk of Using MIG 29 as test bed for testing kaveri engine.

biswaranjanrath.sipu

You are quoting 2011 article.Snecma deal is cancelled.They just tried to fool us by promising to put snemca core in kaveri engine which is more or less snecma engine itself. This was dropped.Lot of water has flown afterwards.

This is definitely a good plan.even Ade should build a tejas test bed with little design change to accommodate two engine that is one kaveri and one ge 404 or 414.but I think this may be very time consuming process rather they use mig 29.but as we all know the recent kaveri inflight test in il76 testbed is a grand success ,DRDO should take a chance to couple a kaveri engine to TD version of tejas.they must dare to do so otherwise kaveri engine will remain in dream only.

sgarg

OK. My mistake. So GTRE is developing K10 on its own. If that is the case, I am happy.

anupamsurey

Country flag
i agree, no one abandons such a project (working) when they are just few steps behind achieving primary targets.

sgarg

Interesting news. If DRDO is asked to compete with GE, then answer will be failure only. The industrial infrastructure required for aero-engines is far greater than what is available in India today. The efforts to jump ahead do not always succeed. Some things need to be done step by step.

I feel that DRDO must not abandon this engine. It should try to overcome the problems. The success of the nation will be determined by perseverance and patience.

As I said earlier, DRDO needs to work with private sector. Great ideas of scientists do not get expression due to shortcomings in the industrial infrastructure.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles