Kaveri Engine

Vamsi

Country flag
This is the percentage of Various elements in each superalloys. At the last they showed something but is hiding . DMS4 Developed by dmrl 3rd generation single crystal super alloy . DMD4 also developed by dmrl , directionaly soldified superalloy . They are manufactured like balls later process into BLADES . if you don't mind please share the video , so that I can watch it .
@Karthi bro, 4 in DMS4 & DMD 4 indicates its 4 th gen blade as per uncle Sam's nomenclature, our media f**ked it up and reported it as 3rd gen. DMS4 can withstand up to 1850K TET when bilayer TBC is applied on it. This TET is similar to that of Rene6 used in F414

Vamsi

Country flag
Dr . Samir Kamat says he doubt whether indigenous materials will be used for 110KN engine. Because the foreign OEM may choose to use their own materials.
This is the main problem with foreign collaboration for 110KN engine. Even though we have the complete Know-how & Know-why ( which I doubt ) we will still be forced to import raw materials.

Karthi

Country flag
They can reach max of 1850K with DMS4 + Bi-layer TBC. This is the upper limit for DMS4. But to reach more than 1900K they need entirely new super alloy material + TBC combo. So, are they developing it ?

They are trying for new materials plus improving current materials , but I don't know much about it . I will try to get info then share it

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
The recent announcement made in Parliament hints that GE could be picked to help India produce engines for LCA and AMCA domestically. This will achieve the twin objective of securing a more advanced engine for the fighters while also giving a fillip to India’s ‘Make in India’ and ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ (self-reliant India) initiatives.

British engine maker Rolls-Royce had also expressed keen interest in collaborating with India to co-develop and manufacture engines for the country’s AMCA fifth-generation fighter aircraft program in September this year. This goes on to prove that India has more than just one option to choose from.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Safran, the French aerospace company which provides the fighter jet Rafale’s engines, is likely to partner with an Indian firm to manufacture the Kaveri engine for the Indian Light Combat Aircraft (LCA). The LCA currently uses GE Aviation engines.

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Y'all i don't want to take any unnecessary risk.

The video is called " a lecture on materials for defence"
There's no risk here. The meeting was a publicly shared(YouTube) event. Many defence journalists/portals were present there but they were instructed only to share the slides not the entire event. And most importantly the meeting was done in Zoom so there's nothing classified here as many people here think. If you can than do share the link for a few hours brother, we'll be grateful.

not so dravidian

Country flag
There's no risk here. The meeting was a publicly shared(YouTube) event. Many defence journalists/portals were present there but they were instructed only to share the slides not the entire event. And most importantly the meeting was done in Zoom so there's nothing classified here as many people here think. If you can than do share the link for a few hours brother, we'll be grateful.
This video is nothing more than a lecture for college students. So no issues. I know. Thx

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
The recent announcement made in Parliament hints that GE could be picked to help India produce engines for LCA and AMCA domestically. This will achieve the twin objective of securing a more advanced engine for the fighters while also giving a fillip to India’s ‘Make in India’ and ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ (self-reliant India) initiatives.

British engine maker Rolls-Royce had also expressed keen interest in collaborating with India to co-develop and manufacture engines for the country’s AMCA fifth-generation fighter aircraft program in September this year. This goes on to prove that India has more than just one option to choose from.

Safran, the French aerospace company which provides the fighter jet Rafale’s engines, is likely to partner with an Indian firm to manufacture the Kaveri engine for the Indian Light Combat Aircraft (LCA). The LCA currently uses GE Aviation engines.

Gawd this is getting tiresome, the amount of speculation in the media by dalals ! Today GE, tomorrow Safran, day after RR, defence reporting in our country is absolutely bollocks ! I bet tomorrow some one will say there will be a joint venture by all three ! A threesome (pardon the language) , wherein we get shafted !

Govt defence officials still using Zoom ! Shame on us and govt babus and MoD, not even an inkling of security sense

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Gawd this is getting tiresome, the amount of speculation in the media by dalals ! Today GE, tomorrow Safran, day after RR, defence reporting in our country is absolutely bollocks ! I bet tomorrow some one will say there will be a joint venture by all three ! A threesome (pardon the language) , wherein we get shafted !

Govt defence officials still using Zoom ! Shame on us and govt babus and MoD, not even an inkling of security sense
I understand you, I will tell you my opinion, honest opinion, you are a great Nation, you can design jet engines Kaveri is an example, you can design ICBM or aircraft carriers, so you are a really capable nation eventually you will succeed, you have to be optimistic, you can criticise but also see the good sides , it will take time but you are there already

Vamsi

Country flag
help with designing 90/120kN Kaveri
During Kaveri development,what we achieved is significant. With the knowledge & experience we gained , we can design a 110KN engine even today entirely on our own, that's not at all problem for us. The main problem is the Materials, Manufacturing technologies which were mentioned in that seminar & most importantly testing infrastructure. These are the key areas where we need help.

MonaLazy

During Kaveri development,what we achieved is significant. With the knowledge & experience we gained , we can design a 110KN engine even today entirely on our own, that's not at all problem for us. The main problem is the Materials, Manufacturing technologies which were mentioned in that seminar & most importantly testing infrastructure. These are the key areas where we need help.
Of course, it is significant esp given the money they were handed and the tech base they started with, but there's a long way to go still & they spent 40 years getting here already.

Till the time Kaveri has not satisfactorily completed 4000 flight hours in-service it is still WIP. Actual flight testing will reveal more gremlins in the engine!

Next-gen engines are aiming for 2250-2300K TET whereas we are struggling with getting to 1850-1900K- a full two generations behind? We need to go beyond F414 enhanced for AMCA Mk2 where we are struggling with creating even a reliable indigenous F404 as on date.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Congratulations I wish you the best, I like your country, when I was young I loved going to Indian Temples to listen music, I love Indian music and food, I wish you the best.

Vamsi

Country flag
Next-gen engines are aiming for 2250-2300K TET whereas we are struggling with getting to 1850-1900K- a full two generations behind? We need to go beyond F414 enhanced for AMCA Mk2 where we are struggling with creating even a reliable indigenous F404 as on date.
Bro,read what I said earlier. I said we lack in materials, manufacturing technologies & testing infrastructure. But as far as designing the 110KN engine is considered,we can do it even today.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles