Jinnah made a mistake and I am ashamed of being Pakistani!

Neo

I agree. His PoV should be represented. Will send you a staff level message.
First you let your members bait and provoke me, dare me to participate in a thread I chose to ignore in the first place and then grant me full freedom of free speech by Sir @Ray and finally hand out an.infraction for insulting a national icon eventhough I had supported my claim with neutral links.

How about coun

tless insults my country and I get on daily bases?

Please make up your mind and don't make a fool out of me,

Last edited by a moderator:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
pakistan is only nation which is affected by only foreign elements , I don't know why these pakis says so cause there is no oil mines or any potential for progress. There is only terrorism , water crisis , polio, national birds , suicide bombing etc.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
First you let your members bait and provoke me, dare me to participate in a thread I chose to ignore in the first place and then grant me full freedom of free speech by Sir @Ray and finally hand out an.infraction for insulting a national icon eventhough I had supported my claim with neutral links.

How about coun

those reference are just nothing but a logic as I have already told you

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
isn't the quote is of voltaire.
As I know Evelyn Beatrice Hall used the quote 'I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it' to describe Voltaire's attitude toward free speech and that it was not Voltaire who said it, though it is mistakenly attributed to him.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall, whose pseudonym was S.G. Tallentyre, was an English writer best known for her biography of Voltaire.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Today's flash news about clashes in Hyderabed comes to my mind :mad:
Some papers have indicated that the clash was between 'two communities' and thus leaving it pregnant with meaning that being Hyderabad, the reader will think it is Hindu Muslim and that too with NDA nearly going past the post in this election conjuring the stereotype image attributed to Modi!

Actually it is Sikh Muslim clash.

Here is the link
Three killed in police firing after communal clashes in Hyderabad, curfew imposed : South, News - India Today

Voldemort

Country flag

How about coun

It was unnecessary and quite unrelated to the topic. You shouldnt have brought it up.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
By Mahwash Badar

Anyone who has ever traveled abroad will tell you that no matter where you go, no matter how developed the country it is that you’re traveling to – if you’re a British national or a Caucasian American, the doors become friendlier. The security becomes less pressurizing. Visa queues are shorter. Procedures are simpler.

If you’re a brown Pakistani man (or even woman) who is traveling to another country – that’s a whole other story. You’re working in the Middle East, chances are your salary is just a little bit above the basic working wage – or anything that will get you a bed-space with seven other human beings. Respect is minimal. You’re not supposed to ruffle any feathers. Or demand for rights. Your children are thousands of miles away studying (because you can’t afford education for them here), your wife probably has another job to help make ends meet and your job squeezes every drop of your blood into a tiny container that helps build the skyscrapers and that little container is thrown away quicker than you can say ‘burj’, as soon as your company decides to say bye-bye.

Pretty much the equivalent of… well, I don’t know. What is that the equivalent of? What analogy do I draw to represent the utter misery that is being a Pakistani in this super-power dominated world?

As if the current state of the country, what with its years of dictatorship and lack of infrastructure, hasn’t driven us insane enough, there is the added bonus of inviting religious extremists and letting them destroy everything we hold near and dear. Sure, apologists will reason it saying “this is not true Islam” and what not. But my question is when – seriously – when do we set aside the debate of what is true Islam and what isn’t?

Let the clerics and the religious scholars sit in their mosques and minibars – oh I meant minbars. But once and for all, eliminate and annihilate the savage, beastly, cowardly, immoral men who buy the bodies of fragile, poverty-stricken, desperate men, strap them with explosives and send them into markets with innocent women and children. Finish these abhorrent elements in the society that attempt to throw us back to the Stone Age.

Being a mother, it scares me. It keeps me awake at night. It reminds me that even if I run far far away from the borders of my own land, its demons will continue to haunt me and my future generations. I Google ‘Pakistan’ on the news and everything that is reported is about death, destruction, squabbling politicians, ailing children, extremists blowing up things and a struggling economy.

I raise my eyes to our neighbouring country and see what could have happened if we were still a United India. Maybe we would have been polio free too. We would have been a unified part of a process of being the world’s next big force to reckon with. Of being a part of the next blazing economy.

I find myself deeply wishing that Jinnah hadn’t made this mistake – that he had thought about the future of Pakistan. He didn’t think of the obscurantist mindset that he had propelled forward, the countless millions that died at the hand of this vague agenda that fails to unite us as a nation. I look at the years of struggles that Pakistan faces, the fall of Dhaka, the provincial wars, the stark separatist mindsets and I wonder what Mr Jinnah was thinking when he decided to leave the Indian National Congress (INC).

We share more with our Indian brothers than our ancestral DNA. Our food, language, clothes, lifestyles are more like them than the Arabs we so badly want to mimic and ape. I stare at the green passport with the same self-loathing as the fat 16-year-old girl with pimples on her face who is told that she cannot get married because she will always be blind, diseased and fat and her elder, stronger, prettier, better-educated sister will snag all the good catches because she ended up with the better caretaker after the divorce of their parents.

I am ashamed of being a Pakistani today. I am ashamed that I belong to a country that kills human rights lawyers and sitting governors, and issues death threats to university professors. I am ashamed that we believe in spaghetti monster theories and pie in the sky conspiracies and risk the future of our children. I am ashamed that we have rejected our scientists just because they believe in a different dogma. I am ashamed that we cannot protect our women, we cannot protect our children and we cannot protect our men from the evil that is extremism, fundamentalism and the foolhardy idea that Pakistan is a great nation.

Pakistan is a fledgling, flailing state. And those 59 children, whose legs can never work anymore, the family of Raza Rumi’s driver, those who shed tears for Salman Taseer, for Perveen Rehman, for Rashid Rehman, for Dr Murtaza Haider and his 12-year-old son – every single person who went out to have a normal day and never made it home alive – are all paying the price of the empathy, respect and awe YOU show cowards like Mumtaz Qadri.

So, to every single person who defends their patriotism blindly and their religion with a bullet, I hope you know exactly whose side you are on. I hope you sleep well at night knowing that you are on the side of the murderers.

(Source: http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/22231/jinnah-made-a-mistake-and-i-am-ashamed-of-being-pakistani/ )

P.S. This blog in the Express Tribune has been taken down! Whodunit? You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out!

rockey 71

Alas! We S Asians still wonder whether Partition was a mistake at all? And if so, who was to be blamed? Jaswant Singhs fingers point to Nehru-Gandhi.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Alas! We S Asians still wonder whether Partition was a mistake at all? And if so, who was to be blamed? Jaswant Singhs fingers point to Nehru-Gandhi.
With every day it is getting clearer that Partition was a gift India received. Alas it did not take the opportunity to be what it was supposed to be - a Hindu Rastra. But at least, the partition managed to reduce the number of crazies when they went to the otherside of borders, leaving relatively more integrated muslims behind. My family lost everything because of partition, yet sitting at the cooled office, sipping the warm tea and browsing on the internet without fear of catching a bomb at the evening when going back home or not having to worry about being called a blasphemar and subsequently being lynched, or having assurance of next payday not being delayed, I am glad that the partition happened. I am sorry for the millions who died, sorry that my grandfather had to fight back from destitution and that he died without reaching to even close to the economical condition he was in before partition, sorry that my relatives were killed - but those were distant memories and those were the events that ensured that I am well educated and I can ensure a safe future for my child.

blueblood

Any pragmatic Indian regardless of his/her religion is more and more content with partition with each passing second. For the life of me, I cannot imagine this vast sea of mentally ill people to be part of my country. Ironically, the very people who played the major role in creation of Pakistan got their nuts kicked in i.e. Bengalis and Mohajirs.

So I am forever in debt of Jinnah, Iqbal, Syed Ahmed Khan and others.

brational

Country flag
Blaming others for their own failure is the integral part of Paki DNA. Jinnah got land for his Muslim brothers and in return he got assassinated. Pakis could not shape their country now finding fault in Jinnah.
Another brother of Paki is finding fault in Nehru-Gandhi.

We Indians are proud of our Country and consider the "Partition in 1947" as a blessing in disguise. Imagine the situation without Partition, those crazy Jihadis would have been killing everyone with the agenda that Muslims can not live with Hindus. Thank god those animals found their country after partition.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Pakistan was the best thing to happen to India.
Reasons:
a) Reduced extremists and reduced leftists. (<---biggest reason)
b) A buffer state to the wild wild ME.(Imagine afghan refugees in Mumbai )
c) A constant enemy that acts as an excuse to modernize military.
d) Something that pushes lazy ass Indians to make missiles, atomic subs etc.
e) China+Pak joint economic & military tag team pushing India to ramp up its economy and defence.
f) Finally forcing a very docile and non centralized religion to develop politically.
I love pakistan.... I want to thank Mr. Jinnah and regard him very high.

I_PLAY_BAD

In fact India thanks as well as curses them.

Thanks : they allowed Jinnah to create a new land for Muslims. Had we been a country with equal muslim population we would have suffered.

Curses : they did not allow the partition to happen fully. Many Muslims who voted for Pakistan is still roaming proudly in India and they might demand another country in future as they work hard and rapidly increase their population.

Actually Jaswant singh points the fingers to them due to the above reason. Get your facts right.

Last edited:

indiatester

Country flag
Blaming others for their own failure is the integral part of Paki DNA. Jinnah got land for his Muslim brothers and in return he got assassinated. Pakis could not shape their country now finding fault in Jinnah.
Another brother of Paki is finding fault in Nehru-Gandhi.

We Indians are proud of our Country and consider the "Partition in 1947" as a blessing in disguise. Imagine the situation without Partition, those crazy Jihadis would have been killing everyone with the agenda that Muslims can not live with Hindus. Thank god those animals found their country after partition.
Nitpick.
Jinnah was not assassinated.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles