JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

Angel of War

Country flag
Yeah I know that, but with regards to Upgradation to block 3 standard, are you trying to say here that they will be able to Upgrade all their JF-17 block 1s and Block-2s to block 3 standards?

I don't know but it seems unlikely that JF 17 block 1 will be fit to be Upgraded to Block 3 standards. I feel like only the Block-2 Aircrafts will be Upgraded to Block-3 standards.
Even if they upgrade block II to block III they'll still have 6 block III squadrons

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes we know that PL-15 is a threat for our Indian Airforce but we have Meteor to counter PL-15 Missile so you don't have to worry about that Much. I only want to know whether JF-17 block 3 Will be able to have PL-15s in twin configuration, that is what I wanted to know.
@Angel of War pl-15 is a dual pulse rocket motor AAM and it has many disadvantages and for that we are making astra mk2 and that's the real counterpart on the basis of engine range and advantages
Meteor and Astra mk3 are sfdr they are of different tech ramjet engine and more advantages than dual pulse
If u want to know current counterpart of pl-15 they are mica derby etc. Pls don't let their unscientific propaganda spread

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Even if they upgrade block II to block III they'll still have 6 block III squadrons
Yeah but I don't see the Possibility of Block-1 getting Upgraded to a Standard like Block 3, Block-1 was effectively a 3rd gen Aircraft. Block 2 I will agree that they will be able Upgrade all of them to New Block 3 standard.
@Angel of War pl-15 is a dual pulse rocket motor AAM and it has many disadvantages and for that we are making astra mk2 and that's the real counterpart on the basis of engine range and advantages
Meteor and Astra mk3 are sfdr they are of different tech ramjet engine and more advantages than dual pulse
If u want to know current counterpart of pl-15 they are mica derby etc. Pls don't let their unscientific propaganda spread
Agreed.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yeah but I don't see the Possibility of Block-1 getting Upgraded to a Standard like Block 3, Block-1 was effectively a 3rd gen Aircraft. Block 2 I will agree that they will be able Upgrade all of them to New Block 3 standard.

Agreed.
The pl-15 shit will get over after 1-2 year as we will induct astra mk2

Super Flanker

The pl-15 shit will get over after 1-2 year as we will induct astra mk2
The export Version of PL-15 has a Range of 145 kms so that means that Export Version of PL-15 is better than American AMRAAM AIM-120C5? How do the two Missiles compare and by the way have Pakistanis got any PL-15s delivered and in service with them?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The export Version of PL-15 has a Range of 145 kms so that means that Export Version of PL-15 is better than American AMRAAM AIM-120C5? How do the two Missiles compare and by the way have Pakistanis got any PL-15s delivered and in service with them?
This range and all are just marketing strategies and used for social media trolls but actually range they state is at a particular situation with respect to altitude speed and AoA
Question is will u get that favorable condition in warfare
So what matters is range at most expected condition which no one states and only comes out during trails
And NEZ
Nothing else if u want to look at range perspective and other perspective have other issues

Angel of War

Country flag
Unless astra MK2 is actually ready to enter service we can't relax , there is nothing wrong with dual pulse rocket motor tech except for the fact that it offers lesser range in comparision with Ramjet . The AIM120D is also using dual pulse rocket motor propulsion , will you call it inferior ? The tech is pretty good , there's a reason why DRDO is developing Astra MK2 on dual pulse rocket motor tech , if it had any serious disadvantages then we would have not gone ahead with development of astra Mk2

So you're trying to downplay the threat posed to us by PL15 ? Mate there is nothing unscientific about the PL15 and the threat it poses to us .PL 15 by specs and tech is neck in neck comparable to AIM120D . So the threat is pretty real . Never underestimate your enemy .

Super Flanker

This range and all are just marketing strategies and used for social media trolls but actually range they state is at a particular situation with respect to altitude speed and AoA
Question is will u get that favorable condition in warfare
So what matters is range at most expected condition which no one states and only comes out during trails
And NEZ
Nothing else if u want to look at range perspective and other perspective have other issues
Is there a thread where we can discuss about Chinese Missiles like PL-15? PL-12/SD-10s? If there is so than please send me the Link.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Unless astra MK2 is actually ready to enter service we can't relax , there is nothing wrong with dual pulse rocket motor tech except for the fact that it offers lesser range in comparision with Ramjet . The AIM120D is also using dual pulse rocket motor propulsion , will you call it inferior ? The tech is pretty good , there's a reason why DRDO is developing Astra MK2 on dual pulse rocket motor tech , if it had any serious disadvantages then we would have not gone ahead with development of astra Mk2

So you're trying to downplay the threat posed to us by PL15 ? Mate there is nothing unscientific about the PL15 and the threat it poses to us .PL 15 by specs and tech is neck in neck comparable to AIM120D . So the threat is pretty real . Never underestimate your enemy .
I didn't mean to downplay the threat although mu sentence seems a bit like that
Dual pulse is a good tech and we need it as its cost is less effective and it's like stepping stones in the path
I meant to say sfdr is not comparable as it holds advantage over it which comes with price and their propaganda is like pl-15 vs meteor which I don't think reasonable
Dual pulse is very nice but disadvantage is not speed or range but it's engine is designed in such a way that combustion won't stop till one pulse is not over and second pulse is also out of control which will cause problems in its max range and few times in terminal stage
You no there are many factors
That's it not against dual pulse but roles are different and range is not always true

Super Flanker

Can someone please post Information about how much weight can each Pylon of JF-17 Carry at Maximum?(Post about all Variants of the: JF-17 block-1, Block-2, Block-3)
jf-17_myanmar.jpg

Super Flanker

Can someone please post Information about how much weight can each Pylon of JF-17 Carry at Maximum?(Post about all Variants of the: JF-17 block-1, Block-2, Block-3)View attachment 134535
@Indx TechStyle @India Super Power @Tshering22 @mist_consecutive @shiphone Please help me with this Guys. I need to do some calculations with regards to Assumptions of what type of Missiles(in e.g SD-10, PL-15, PL-10 etc) it would carry on its Pylons (Basically the Armament Configuration) in various Missions.
lefktcp1jyj71.png

Super Flanker

@Indx TechStyle @India Super Power @Tshering22 @mist_consecutive @shiphone Please help me with this Guys. I need to do some calculations with regards to Assumptions of what type of Missiles(in e.g SD-10, PL-15, PL-10 etc) it would carry on its Pylons (Basically the Armament Configuration) in various Missions. View attachment 134544
@scatterStorm you too. Please tell if you have Information about how much weight Each Pylon of JF-17 can carry. This is all I want to know.

shiphone

Country flag
lol... a typical imitation model

-------------
and some 'official' model in the CAC park also known as a popularization facility of Aviation science and engineering which was reopened months ago.

Last edited:

Super Flanker

At 3,400 lb (1,500 kg) of ordnance under each pylon.
That means each Pylon can Carry about 1500 KG? Than the Pylon which is second nearest to the Body of the Aircraft will definitely be able to Carry two SD-10s in Twin Rack Configuration.

Now what is the Weight of SD-10? SD-10 weighs 180 kg (396 lb)so :
2 SD-10s on one twin Rack Pylon will together weigh: 180×2 = 360 KGs.

(Here I am referring to this Pylon which I have pointed out in this picture)
IMG_20220130_150434.jpg

Hence we can definitely say that JF 17 can carry SD-10s in Twin Rack Configuration. Even though till date we have never seen a picture of JF 17 fly with such a Configuration. But what do you think about this Photo?
20220129_072204.jpg
20220129_072206.jpg

Super Flanker

At 3,400 lb (1,500 kg) of ordnance under each pylon.
Wait a moment. Can all JF 17 thunders carry that much weight on their Pylons? Block 1? Block 2? Block-3? All of them can carry 1500 kg of Ordnance under their Pylon? Please clarify.

Thank you in advanced.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles