J20 Stealth Fighter

p2prada

DSI is meant to control air flow inside the inlets. Most aircraft have variable inlets that does the trick and is more complex than a simple DSI.

I don't know why the Chinese chose DSI over variable inlets but it is still a design solutions.

Maybe it has a certain capability at low altitudes.

There is some sort of fiction in forums where DSI is related to stealth, it has nothing to do with it. The same with the F-22's flat nozzles. The flat nozzles are a design solution for supercruise. For supercruise you need to modify the exhaust or the inlet in a special way unique from other aircraft. The F-22 modifies the exhaust with flat nozzles. Similarly, the SR-71 modifies the inlets to achieve supercruise. Instead of letting air in, it actually sucks the air inside.

J20!

Country flag
DSI gives no edge over F22 or any other..

Besides, DSI comes with its own problems

1. DSI comes with certain speed limits as speed grows bump no longer makes air streamlined into the engine.
2. At lower speed bumps restrict air flow in engines when it need more air to suck in.

DSI is not in any 5th generation except latest J10 & J20..
I was pointing out the differences between them, I never said it is better. And it does give SOME edges. It is lighter AND stealthier. Check it out..

1. DSI's do have a speed limit, unlike traditional intakes..
2. The bump ENHANCES airflow, that is why it's there...

The F35 features DS intakes, so does the cancelled FB22.

If it was as "disadvantageous" as you say, why does every new US 5th gen fighter feature DSI?

J20!

Country flag
Yes sour grapes indeed. I feel bitter than India does not copy.:rolleyes:
How is the J20 an F22 copy? You're not even bothering to support your ridiculous claim. Stop disrupting a good thread because you don't like what's in it, and exposing your POOR information pool.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I was pointing out the differences between them, I never said it is better. And it does give SOME edges. It is lighter AND stealthier. Check it out..

1. DSI's do have a speed limit, unlike traditional intakes..
2. The bump ENHANCES airflow, that is why it's there...

If it was as "disadvantageous" as you say, why does every new US 5th gen fighter feature DSI?
F-35 have coz its deginers wanted it, Why they must know..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
How is the J20 an F22 copy? You're not even bothering to support your ridiculous claim. Stop disrupting a good thread because you don't like what's in it, and exposing your POOR information pool.
J20 is not a F22 copy but Deign Copy of both Mig-144 & F22..

And the J20 designers dont know why? Chengdu and AVIC just put in serious R&D to produce DS inlets for the J20 and J10B because it was fun?
Waste of time..

opkeyen

Allegedly, the J20abnormal aerodynamic layout for crab first maneuver, was" floats" is a long distance. by surprise attack side incoming enemy aircraft,。

full motion + differential tail duck wing is to produce abnormal level to the motor, the motor is actually j-20 stealth fighter crab in imitation of racing elegant effect, in order to achieve instant formation of large torque, can make the level" flick". Motor and can use inertial make sliding distance longer transverse drift.

All movable control surface why difference? Is for the flowing time by adjusting the rudder maintain the orientation of the plane of the balance.

In the racing field lateral maneuver called four wheel drift, in the plane of the test system for lateral maneuver called crab motor is actually going on, crab motor uses the inertia pulling out, drawback is that the slip process speed will be greatly slowed down, in a supersonic cruise when once the crab motor, speed will quickly over to below the speed of sound a long time, so the lateral motor is relatively long, but may not be very long.

J20 can make longer crab motor because of its differential rudder in a routine flight to provide extremely strong balance performance but crab time lead to stall is excessive or to alter flight direction or will head twisted back to the straight line direction.

Although the crab motor cannot persist. But its abnormal differential rudders can let the nose and the direction of travel of a thirty degrees angle always fly down is" oblique flying" or half crab motor.

J20!

Country flag
Apparently CAC stopped test flights recently because they didn't want the noise to interfere with the college entrance exams.

J2002 back in the air after the end of the exams:

p2prada

The bay at the sides(post 1650) are too small to carry missiles or bombs. I wonder if they are hatches to access the avionics compartment.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
The bay at the sides(post 1650) are too small to carry missiles or bombs. I wonder if they are hatches to access the avionics compartment.

Although in the pic of 2002, it does look like a hatch ... :nod:
:ranger:

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
Those bays are designed to carry short range AAM in the shape of the new PL10, they're not access panels.

Last edited:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Those bays are designed to carry short range AAM in the shape of the new PL10, they're not access panels.
Maybe he is referring to this...

A model, to describe the position.

For me it seems like like the concealed chamber/door bay, where the retracted wheel goes in, and the same cover close up after the aircraft is airborne and wheels are up.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
Maybe he is referring to this...

A model, to describe the position.

For me it seems like like the concealed chamber/door bay, where the retracted wheel goes in, and the same cover close up after the aircraft is airborne and wheels are up.
Aaah! Those are simply landing door bay doors... The bays I'm reffering to are the side weapon's bays that are to hold SRAAM's:

They are certainly big enough to carry any new gen SRAAM I could think of...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles