J20 Stealth Fighter

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

The more I look at this plane the more it appears to me to be unfighter-like. It simply does not have the graceful proportions of a fighter (think of F15, Su27, F16). This has a very disproportionately long body, and the entire size is simply enormous. I really think this aircraft is more of a strike than an air superiority fighter.

cir

:thumb::thumb:

Net thrust measurement of propellantless microwave thruster∗

Yang Juan"  Wang Yu-Quan Li Peng-Fei Wang Yang Wang Yun-Min Ma Yan-Jie

( College of Astronautics, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi'an 710072, China )

( Received 9 June 2011; revised manuscript received 25 October 2011 )

Abstract

According to the classic theory of electromagnetic (EM) fields, we develop a propellantless microwave thruster system that can convert microwave power directly into thrust without the need of propellant. It is expected to be useful for spacecraft. Different from conventional space plasma propulsion, the system can obviate a large propellant storage tank and the issues related to plasma plume interference with the spacecraft surface. Different from huge solar sails and microwave-propelled sails, the system uses a cylindrical tapered resonance cavity as a thruster and uses an integrated microwave source to generate continuous EM wave so that the EM wave is radiated into and then reflected from the thruster to form a pure standing wave with amplified wave amplitude. The pure standing wave produces a non-uniform EM pressure distribution on the inner surface of the thruster. Consequently, a non-zero net EM thrust exerting on the symmetric axis and directing to the minor end plate of the thruster appears. In experiments a magnetron is used as a microwave source with an output microwave power of 2.45 GHz frequency. The generated net EM thrust is measured using a force-feedback test stand. The developed thruster system is experimentally demonstrated to produce thrust from 70 to 720 mN when the microwave output power is from 80 to 2500 W.

Link

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The more I look at this plane the more it appears to me to be unfighter-like. It simply does not have the graceful proportions of a fighter (think of F15, Su27, F16). This has a very disproportionately long body, and the entire size is simply enormous. I really think this aircraft is more of a strike than an air superiority fighter.
J20 may be the first of many series of Chinese Stealth deign fighters..

J20 remind me of MIG-31 which deign to cover large sum of land..

pankaj nema

Country flag
J20 may be the first of many series of Chinese Stealth deign fighters..

J20 remind me of MIG-31 which deign to cover large sum of land..
Mig 31 was a High Altitude High Speed Interceptor designed SPECIFICALLY to STOP
the US SR 71 Blackbird from overflying Russian airspace

Mig 31 did intercept SR 71 several times and Finally these Sr 71 flights stopped due to the fear of being shot down

But Mig 31 had a small combat radius ie 700 km

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Mig 31 did intercept SR 71 several times and Finally these Sr 71 flights stopped due to the fear of being shot down

You are talking about MIG-25 back then not 31..

MIG-31 is re deign aircraft for interception..

pankaj nema

Country flag
No Sir Mig 25 Was not able to ENGAGE Enemy fighters because of a POOR radar

Mig 25 was a very very Good Reconaissance plane But its avionics were poor

Mig 31 had the BEST radar of its Time the ZASLON PESA which was for a while the Best in the World

Mig 25 too was a Very high speed interceptor and could easily go above Mach 2.5
But its poor Radar made it useless against the SR 71

That is why Mig 31 was made

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Maybe you're referring to Mig25. But for basic specs Mig25 have a max speed of Mach 3.2 (but only allowed an operational speed of Mach 2.8 so as to lengthen engine life) and service ceiling of 20,700 meters; Mig 31 have a max speed of Mach 2.83 and a service ceiling of 20,600 meters; SR71 on the other hand hand had a max speed of Mach 3.3 (its cruising speed was Mach 3.2) while its service ceiling was 25,900 meters. I don't recall of SR71s being intercepted by Mig25.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
No Sir Mig 25 Was not able to ENGAGE Enemy fighters because of a POOR radar
For Recon there were MIG-25R, MIG-31 development is nearly end of Soviet days..

During SR-71 era there were no MIG-31 but 25 with R-37

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned
In a recent joint exercise held in US ,our Indian Airforce has taken part and the fighter plane which saved our country's respect was MIG.Even American says that MIG is one of the oldest fighter plane but there is no match of it.

J20!

Country flag
2002 being worked on:

Extra saw-tooth shaping on 2002's engine nozzles...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles