J20 Stealth Fighter

plugwater

Good for him. Here we only reward cricketers who win the fixed matches.

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Photos of the second flight of the J-20

MONDAY, APRIL 18, 2011

Country flag
some of these photos look like photoshop jobs especially the one above. Hard to believe a professional pilot would be flying tis low???

redragon

Country flag
some of these photos look like photoshop jobs especially the one above. Hard to believe a professional pilot would be flying tis low???
Sorry to tell you that, but the last one is a real picture, the J-20 was landing from one side of the air field

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Is this the weapon bay?
It must be a rotating launcher or something, because it looks like two small doors of centreline. Or maybe it is not a full bay and just one for testing. Or maybe not a bay at all but hull lines. It is really faint unlike any bays you see on other stealth fighters.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
For starters - the Chinese j-20 is simply huge ......absolutely huge.

WTF.....Maybe the designers thought they were building a stealth f*cking transport plane.....LOL ??

The Front face is a 100% copy of the F-22......and I mean an absolute 100% every single line and curve, from the cockpit canopy to the engine inlets to the nose cone. Its almost as if they just took as many pictures of the F-22 and replicated it.

The only difference being those stupid looking canards. (stealth with canards - that must be the Chinaman's version of stealth !!!)

When you look at the whole plane in general - its size overwhelms. You Chinkis better make sure that your RCS is really low because if you ever end up in a air-to-air dogfight, the opponent just need to get within range and open up and spray the cannon. This thing is so large that he wouldnt even need to aim. Given the size, I have to seriously wonder about the weight - if even those 2 engines is enough to attain the performance you need for a 5th gen fighter.

Its pretty funny that the Chinese cannot do jack without wholesale copying despite all their engineering prowess !

Lets do an audit of China's main fighter programs so far -

1) The J-10 - A lame imitation of the F-16 with canards and an underpowered Ws-10 engine

2) The J-11 - 100% copy of the Sukhoi SU-27 airframe with some chinese electronics

3) The J-20 - 100% F-22 front copy married to canards

Last edited:

gogbot

weapons bay all open

Aerodynamically this plane seems to have made all the mistakes of the F-35.
Fuselage is too large for those wings. Don't get me wrong the wings are large , but not relative to that fuselage. I'm not sure if the presence of Canards compensates.
But as i see it , this aircraft may have real trouble turning.

The Nose is highly suspect , choice aerodynamically as well. Indian AMCA has a similar nose design at one point , but was quickly changed

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles