J20 Stealth Fighter

p2prada

Same here. I don't see any weapons bays under the fuselage. I am guessing the picture is not close enough to see the groves.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Same here. I don't see any weapons bays under the fuselage. I am guessing the picture is not close enough to see the groves.
i am guessing it doesn't have the grooves. Hard to ask for a better picture from China.

Minghegy

A white line, it should be the bottom weapon bay.

Side weapon bay.

It even has a refueling boom.

p2prada

i am guessing it doesn't have the grooves. Hard to ask for a better picture from China.
Yeah. No groves at all. Sridhar has posted high res pics. So, it does not have any weapons bay.

Unless they plan on dropping only small bomblets from the side doors. :D

gogbot

I can't see this aircraft having side weapon bay's because if you notice correctly the side's of the fuselage bulge out at the intakes and get straitened out towards the, towards the landing gear. this mean you can;t have side weapons bays till you get past the Bulge and the landing gear

However i think i can see some bottom weapon bays in this picture.
there is just two very light white like along the middle of the fuselage in this picture

Look right in the middle at of the fuselage in the middle of the canards.

Achilles

The aircraft was not a reality to many fan boys over few last months or so, but there it is the real one. By design it seems like heavy bomber fighter aircraft rather than air superiority fighter AC. Hence the power supplied by Al-31 engine would be sufficient or not is a question. Also the aircraft has canards which might increase the RCS of aircraft. With WS type of engines and large size, it can carry out the mission of long ranges. But as all have the concern that this aircraft doesnt have the weapons bay, I also do not contradict to them since in a high resolution pictures do not show any signs of weapons bay under the fusalage. Also I am not sure how much stealthy the canopy is... I am not saying that the aircraft lacks stealthy features but some of the above points raise questions about the strike capability of the aircraft in war senario. Also heard of send prototype 2002 is also been designed but specs and performance capabilities are yet to be out in public. We shold just wait for bird to get for operational nod and same goes for T 50 as well..

With regards
Achilles
Shrikant Parwate (Aurangabad)

badguy2000

Respected Member
The aircraft was not a reality to many fan boys over few last months or so, but there it is the real one. By design it seems like heavy bomber fighter aircraft rather than air superiority fighter AC. Hence the power supplied by Al-31 engine would be sufficient or not is a question. Also the aircraft has canards which might increase the RCS of aircraft. With WS type of engines and large size, it can carry out the mission of long ranges. But as all have the concern that this aircraft doesnt have the weapons bay, I also do not contradict to them since in a high resolution pictures do not show any signs of weapons bay under the fusalage. Also I am not sure how much stealthy the canopy is... I am not saying that the aircraft lacks stealthy features but some of the above points raise questions about the strike capability of the aircraft in war senario. Also heard of send prototype 2002 is also been designed but specs and performance capabilities are yet to be out in public. We shold just wait for bird to get for operational nod and same goes for T 50 as well..

With regards
Achilles
Shrikant Parwate (Aurangabad)
are you so confident that it uses AL31? haha

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
we dont have to worry about chines JXX just admire it, with engine and all, and make even better AMCA, fast and within given funds.

black eagle

Country flag
look at the similarities of the cockpit canopies....

Hmmmmmm..................

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
look at the similarities of the cockpit canopies....

Hmmmmmm..................
well they dont have anything new to make that is why they have borrowed the design ........ BTW we called it stealing of other intellectual property right............. just like stealing your good, they have stolen the idea......(chines are masters in that department).

Gujjar_boy

Country flag
PEOPLE.!!! Atleast chiness have done this..! They have showed this to world that it's there time!!! Just one question...When will our AMCA will fly first time??? Any expectations?????

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles