J20 Stealth Fighter

A.V.

must say those pictures are way better , good job badguy appreciate the efforts , keep a watch anytime if u get any more pics or vids post here

A.V.

from the second picture that badguy and rockdog posted the size is huge .. looks like a heavy bomber version but now its looks better and a good idea of the plane will come out soon

Minghegy

I was amazed by how they keep the secret, several months ago even Russian media still imagining to sell T50 to China after 2025.

I feel the direction of future is heavy platform (like J20) concerts with medium fighter (like F22/T50), light fighter such as F35 will stay on carrier.

PS: Somebody measured the truck in photos, J20 has a length about 23 meters.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Chinese friends, that is a really really nice looking plane!!!

Bravo!

roach

Congratulations to my Chinese friends, a proud day for you indeed. Now that the prototype is ready, the next step would be to fly it, and then refine it- by no means an easy task.
Still, a day to break out the champagne.clapclap

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
@badguy2000 You just murdered all the haters with this pic alone..

I hope a video will come out soon..

neoshangh

links have malware. images removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
doctored mig 1.44, alleged Russian engines of PAK-FA.

Alarm India...Screw PAK-FA go for F-35.
or
Develop your own.

Not a big deal to make a box like this; heavily pregnant mutant J20 BTW?

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Those old pictures were very close!!

neoshangh

links have malware. images removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

cir

Enough of #2001. Now it is time to take some (clear) pictures of #2002.

I wonder if #2003 exists, and if it does, where it is and what it is up to? Undergoing stress test in a "dark room"? lol!

Congratulations to all Asians!

cir

#2002 was sighted parked by a hangar yesterday while #2001 was going through the taxing test.

A.V.

normally you dont test two prototypes together unless they have flown before for the first flight data analysis it takes a lot of time to set the next prototype fly but 2001 and 2002 are the two basic prototypes , lets wish all the success for the effort

black eagle

Country flag
Chinese Assault !?

The latest buzz on Internet is that the China's Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group is preparing to test its first stealth aircraft known to world as the J-XX. According to enthusiasts living nearby, the aircraft has already done taxi run and top level officials are coming to the facility to witness the first flight. This comes as a surprise as both American and Russian think tanks had written off China. J-XX is Chinese competitor in the Fifth Generation race. It is stated to have very low observability, advance avionics and radar coupled with two Turbofan engines generating 180 kN of thrust.

The exact happenings are still uncertain but the images leaked on the internet are extremely convincing. The aircraft seems to be around 60-70 feet long with forward canards and delta wing configuration similar to the J-10. On first look the aircraft looks very similar to the American F-22. However, it has features such twin DSI inlets and V-shaped tail. The aircraft seems to be fitted with WS-10 engines rather than WS-15 but this cannot be confirmed. According Janes there are two prototype airframes in existence of which one is flight ready.

Exact happenings are still unknown in the formal media as the Chinese Govt is tight lipped on it. The latest images show some startling similarities between the Chinese J-XX and cancelled Russian MiG-1.44. Both have similar style of delta wing canard configurations and V-Shaped tail section with closely mounted engines. The frontal aspect looks extremely similar to that of the American F-35 JSF with DSI intake which has now become common on all new Chinese designs.

Finally we cannot comments on this latest development in detail since there are no images of the cockpit hence we just don't yet know how advance the aircraft is. It could be a half baked cake with good icing or China is indeed very advance. Building a stealth airframe is easy thing for moderately advance countries but what matters is remaining stuff like engine, avionics, radar and sensors and other sub-system which China hasn't developed to advance stage. It's time to wait and watch and for HAL to get going !

http://angle-of-attack.blogspot.com/2010/12/chinese-assault.html

Minghegy

Chinese Assault !?

Finally we cannot comments on this latest development in detail since there are no images of the cockpit hence we just don't yet know how advance the aircraft is. It could be a half baked cake with good icing or China is indeed very advance. Building a stealth airframe is easy thing for moderately advance countries but what matters is remaining stuff like engine, avionics, radar and sensors and other sub-system which China hasn't developed to advance stage. It's time to wait and watch and for HAL to get going !

http://angle-of-attack.blogspot.com/2010/12/chinese-assault.html
I have faith in everything except the engine.

Design such complex aerodynamic plane need very huge stimulated calculation, using supercomputer and topest level wind tunnel, and years of time, absolutely NOT an easy thing. Only few fighters currently using DSI intake.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
This is like a striptease!

First blurred pics, then less blurred, then different angles and slightly better quality! Show the goodies already! ;-D

Last edited:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
This bird looks about the same size as Su27/30/35. I think it would be a good one, the best fighter ever made in China, for me personally it looks better than PAK-FA, especially in this mean-looking paint.

I knew all along that this thing was real because all chinese projects in the past decade were 'leaked' in similar fashion. I was skeptical when the first J10 pic showed up because I thought J10 would be a redundant project given the well-known existence of FC-1. I was similarly skeptical when the first 052C pic showed up, or when the first Yuan SSK pic showed up. But all those projects turned out to be true. So my conclusion is if a picture can not be easily proven to be a product of Photoshop, then it is probably real. Indeed all those fake pictures have been very easy to spot.

That said, how capable this bird really is, is completely unknown. Just having a sophisticated look does not mean all that much. Will it match up with F-22, maybe but most likely not. I have similar reservations about PAK-FA, as well. I believe the best technological advanced nations make best products. 2 products can look similar, even have same specs, but one could just be much better in actual use and cost a lot more. Just look at IL-76 and C-17, on paper they are similar, yet one costs 10 times more than the other. Many of us tend to believe that PAK-FA or J-XX would seriously challenge F22 for air supremacy, but few of us would be inclined to believe that cars made in Russia or China would be equal or better than german luxury brands., why? Because most opf us are familiar with cars, but few of us work every day with jet fighters.

I for one still think F-22/F-35 or even the latest offerings from Europe have a huge leg up the so-called 5th generation fighters from Russia or China.

black eagle

Country flag
This bird looks about the same size as Su27/30/35. I think it would be a good one, the best fighter ever made in China, for me personally it looks better than PAK-FA, especially in this mean-looking paint.
I agree...
I for one still think F-22/F-35 or even the latest offerings from Europe have a huge leg up the so-called 5th generation fighters from Russia or China.
Think its too early for such a conclusion.....

black eagle

Country flag
Now read this....

South Korea may revive development program for stealth fighter jets

SOURCE : koreatimes.co.kr

The military is considering developing its own stealth fighters by 2020 to counter North Korea's military threats more effectively, according to media reports Monday.

Under a multi-billion-dollar project, codenamed "KF-X," Seoul plans to develop indigenous, multi-role fighter jets by 2020.

However, the military is shifting the focus of the project to building stealth fighters in the wake of North Korea's Nov. 23 artillery attack on Yeonpyeong Island that killed two marines and two civilians.

"The basic concept of the program is being changed to develop a stealth fighter to evade the enemy's radar systems," Yonhap reported, quoting a military source. "The concept has been taking more concrete shape since the artillery attack."

At a time when North Korea's missiles and nuclear threats are growing, there has been a common understanding within the military that it should develop a stealth fighter to deter and cope with these.

"If our military has stealth fighters, it could put significant psychological pressure on the North Korean leadership," the source said.

Initiated in 2001, the KF-X program had originally been aimed at developing and producing by 2020 about 120 fifth-generation fighters stealthier than Dassault's Rafale or the Eurofighter Typhoon, though not as much as Lockheed Martin's F-35 Lightening II.

Officials said earlier that they were reconsidering introducing the fifth-generation stealth fighters due to technical and budgetary problems.

In late 2007, the Korea Development Institute, a state-funded think tank, concluded the KF-X would be nonviable economically. It said the program would cost at least $10 billion but could be expected to reap only $3 billion in economic benefits.

Some defense analysts have also raised questions on the technological aspects of the KF-X.

In a related move, the nation could delay the purchase of foreign stealth fighters under the F-X multi-phase fighter procurement program.

The F-X aims to buy 120 high-end fighter jets by 2020 in an effort to modernize the Air Force's fleet. Boeing won two previous deals in 2002 and 2008 to provide 61 F-15Ks.

http://idrw.org/?p=2043

Global Defence

New threads

Articles