J20 Stealth Fighter

shiphone

Country flag
source CD forum...

J20's two latest prototypes...2011 and 2012-- rare pix of landing gear retracted status.

but more interesting thing would be the small ' protruded device' under the fuselage of PT2011(above one)...that device might be a Luneberg Lens to increase the RCS on purpose..
similar thing on F22 and the schematic diagram..

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
digital globe used to release some Sat image of J20 and J11(J15) which shew some visual facts that were closer to the reality...

Last edited:

CCP

ask Wright brothers!
Why not ask Fung Joe Guey? He constructed his own plane just 9 years after Wright brothers' first fly(1900).

"He had constructed his own biplane, improving on the Wrights' blueprints. Fung flew in a wide circle, despite the harsh winds; after twenty minutes, however, the bolt holding the propeller to the shaft snapped off, and he was brought to a stop, suffering only minor bruising.[3] The flight was reported in several papers, including the San Francisco Call and the Oakland Tribune."

Fung Joe Guey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HMS Astute

Why not ask Fung Joe Guey? He constructed his own plane just 9 years after Wright brothers' first fly(1900).

"He had constructed his own biplane, improving on the Wrights' blueprints. Fung flew in a wide circle, despite the harsh winds; after twenty minutes, however, the bolt holding the propeller to the shaft snapped off, and he was brought to a stop, suffering only minor bruising.[3] The flight was reported in several papers, including the San Francisco Call and the Oakland Tribune."

Fung Joe Guey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so, as far as i understand. he was born in china, but moved to the united states at the age of 12, grew up and educated there. no doubt he was an american citizen too and got helped from the american companies and technicians to develop an aircraft, following the Wright brothers step. anyway, what is your point and how stealthy is the chinese 5th gen aircraft? any specs for RCS?

CCP

so, as far as i understand. he was born in china, but moved to the united states at the age of 12, grew up and educated there. no doubt he was an american citizen too and got helped from the american companies and technicians to develop an aircraft, following the Wright brothers step.
Then, he bring the technic back to China and started to produce planes for China.

anyway, what is your point and how stealthy is the chinese 5th gen aircraft? any specs for RCS?
Well, you made the argument :
the f22 has the best, most advanced and sophisticated design.
I am just asking how you made this argument?

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
it is too big. looks more like a bomber.
They should call this aircraft the J-Boat.
It looks so huge that it might as well be a boat.
Is this really what stealth is.
Heck.......you do dont even need a radar to see this.
On a clear day - probably a enemy fighter plane could see this guy 30 miles away with his naked eyes.
Every time I see this thing - it makes me wanna laugh.
They tried to copy the F-35 which is like half the size of this.
@mattster .... hahahhah :laugh::thumb:
Clearly it is a bomber and more of a very long range bomber at that
It's maneuverability should be awful and so it's role would be seriously restricted to long range bombing missions

SO it better have air refueling capability and long range fuel storage capability too
I think the designers tried to make it all-purpose but it sure hasnt turned out that way

Still I'd call it a valiant effort by China although given the experience they have had in manufacturing aircraft ,
which they have been doing since the 1950's - they really should have done better .

India should be relieved that china has designed such a neither here not there plane - and they call it their best and superb ?

This blunder of theirs gives us an opportunity to catch up. !

Last edited by a moderator:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
China looks ready for anything
another gross exaggeration from our CCP guest members
( ah sorry - i later saw your flag - Turkish ? or CCP ( or PACKLANDER ) disguising as Turk ?
...... Hersey Vatan Için !
so I'll let the rest of my post remain - but no personal offence was meant to you ok ? )

ready for any exaggeration, copy cat and bluff is what your really mean ?
the most important component of your Junk-20 - the jet engine(s) ....

did you design and manufacture that ?

on your own ?

or is it a , well, shall we say ahem, "borrowed"
( stolen ?, copycat without paying royalties ) component from Russian "friends" ?

please let us know ?

i doubt it's a highly agile aircraft, designed to be an effective dogfighter with adequate air to air combat capability. the only aircraft with real and top notch stealth capability is the beast "F-22" with only 0.0001 CRS compared to latest russian 5th gen pak aircraft with 0.3 RCS, which is worse than F35 in this aspect.
wonder if you have the comparable figure for J-20 ?
thanks in advance and best regards, R

Last edited:

HMS Astute

i doubt it's a highly agile aircraft, designed to be an effective dogfighter with adequate air to air combat capability. the only aircraft with real and top notch stealth capability is the beast "F-22" with only 0.0001 CRS compared to latest russian 5th gen pak aircraft with 0.3 RCS, which is worse than F35 in this aspect.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
I am sorry guys.......... but I still dont get this business of having canards on a next gen stealth fighter.

I am an EE, so my mechanical and aerodynamics knowledge is limited at best.
Doesn't the canard compromise the stealth seriously ??

Illusive

Country flag
I am sorry guys.......... but I still dont get this business of having canards on a next gen stealth fighter.

I am an EE, so my mechanical and aerodynamics knowledge is limited at best.
Doesn't the canard compromise the stealth seriously ??
Maybe because these planes would be engaging their targets from a very long distance, the frontal RCS even with canards isn't sacrificed too much since the fight is stable. So, even if things go haywire and they are picked up by the enemy or in WVR, it should give them better maneuverability.

I think the bigger problem for them would be the engines, hiding the heat signatures, making it stealthy.

jouni

the f22 has the best, most advanced and sophisticated design.
Best maybe, but the most sophisticated in IMHO T-50, a true beauty. Maybe the most beautiful fighter since Spitfire and Mosquito

HMS Astute

Best maybe, but the most sophisticated in IMHO T-50, a true beauty. Maybe the most beautiful fighter since Spitfire and Mosquito
IMO Blackbird and B2 have the most sophisticated designs. They look like from the 2077 movie.

Speed = 2,200+ mph

Service ceiling = 85,000 ft

Last edited:

jouni

IMO Blackbird and B2 have the most sophisticated designs. They look like from the 2077 movie.

Speed = 2,200+ mph

Service ceiling = 85,000 ft

Yes, those are bad ass, especially sr71, do you have any info of "aurora" its rumoured successor?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles