ISRO General News and Updates

Vamsi

Country flag
How? Only the Foxbat had a conventional turbojet engine that could reach up to Mach 3 and the engine had to be scrapped after reaching those speeds.

As far as I know, the transition between turbojet and ramjet modes in a turboramjet isn't a simple switch of the inlets, there are times when both are running together. That would introduce complex airflows and GTRE already has enough problems handling airflows in a conventional flow engine. If we go this route, it will be another long torturous development cycle, especially with the kind of funding we have.
Its either after burning turbojet upto M3 + DMRJ upto M6 or turboramjet upto M6 + Scramjet upto M9 , you cannot have a Turbojet upto M1.8 + Ramjet from M1.8 to M3 + DMRJ from M3 to M6 in a single airframe.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Its either after burning turbojet upto M3 + DMRJ upto M6 or turboramjet upto M6 + Scramjet upto M9 , you cannot have a Turbojet upto M1.8 + Ramjet from M1.8 to M3 + DMRJ from M3 to M6 in a single airframe.
Can't have because of weight penalties? I see.
Well, then we can safely say the timeline will not be adhered to. I hope it is, but a turboramjet is just too difficult to pull off.

Ajax01

Country flag
Buy an off the shelf engine they modify it. A Georgia based startup is attempting just that pretty sure ISRO can too.

Vamsi

Country flag
Can't have because of weight penalties? I see.
Well, then we can safely say the timeline will not be adhered to. I hope it is, but a turboramjet is just too difficult to pull off.
In late 1990s and early 2000s DRDO planned a space plane called AVATAR. It was supposed to use a liquid aircycle engine. It collects oxygen mid air and liquify it and store it on board. It require very very complicated and complex technologies. But they studied it and its current status is unknown

SavageKing456

Country flag
In late 1990s and early 2000s DRDO planned a space plane called AVATAR. It was supposed to use a liquid aircycle engine. It collects oxygen mid air and liquify it and store it on board. It require very very complicated and complex technologies. But they studied it and its current status is unknown
It had feasibility studies completed in 2012
20211010_181825.jpg

Karthi

Country flag
Posting the slides from the recent presentation of Dr Somanath . Collected more than 400 Slides in this month , i will post the reaming in the coming days . All are self explanatory, omitting many to avoid Spamming the thread. Really heart warming technologies , and these will be ready in this decade.

CE (1).png
CE (2).png
CE (3).png
CE (4).png

CE (5).png

This Airbreathing Two stage to orbit Space plane can convert into our own SR-72 . all techs are now available . Including Dual Mode ramjet and Kaveri engine as Turbofan engine. I have posted about Kaveri in Kaveri thread . Dry Kaveri almost ready , resaerch on afterburner section going on

CE (6).png
CE (7).png

CE (8).png
CE (9).png
CE (10).png

Karthi

Country flag
CE (20).png

PS4 stage for debris removal with robotic arm , very good for removing chinese junks from Space using low cost PS4 spend rocket . Indian satellites can refuel using refuelling probe

CE (21).png
CE (22).png
CE (23).png
CE (24).png
CE (25).png

An indian juggad , a swarm of drones to recover spend rocket engines and reusing. a cluster of drones with wit a net recovered a RH 200 booster .

CE (26).png
CE (27).png
CE (28).png

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Great job @Karthi ! I've never seen such stuff from ISRO: delta v calculations of various missions, planetary defences, details of asetroid sample return mission (200 kg sample return with HLV!), active radiation shields, inflatable heat shields, etc. Thanks a lot man! Where did you even find this stuff?

Also never knew that it was possible to get delta v lower than that of Hohmann transfer orbits. But they've apparently managed to get one 25% less with a weak stability boundary transfer orbit, though the transit time is 4X as much.

FalconZero

Country flag
Bro thank you for posting these slides, always find them informative.
Just a bit of confusion regarding the upper stage and the second stage of the future variants of the gslv.

This is what i knew or we knew in general that future variants of gslv will have a second stage powered by sce-200 engine with 120t fuel mass/thrust in total and also coupled with the 32t variant of the current upper stage using the same engine ce-20.

But now in this particular slide, we get a 160t 2nd stage with 27t upper stage, ummm why?

I don't exactly recall but i think either you or someone else posted here another ppt where it showed that we will have mk4 and mk5 variants of the gslv, basically a casual upgrade of second stage, third stage and maybe boosters i am not sure. So are these suggesting that configs may change or just old?

One additional query, are we going to use se-200 engine in any boosters of gslv?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles