ISRO General News and Updates

pmaitra

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
they fill the fuel in 3rd and 4th stage during the 1 min countdown??? what did they just say?

Krusty

Country flag
they fill the fuel in 3rd and 4th stage during the 1 min countdown??? what did they just say?
That is correct. Fuel for the upper stages are filled in the last minute because the fuel fullup (especially for cryo stages) should be done in the safest way possible to avoid serious issues upto and including total launch failure. They need to be done in the last minute because they will boil off if they stay in the rocket (exposed to the elements) for too Long. This is different for military missiles which are usually placed in Silos and hence are in a much more controlled environment.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
That is correct. Fuel for the upper stages are filled in the last minute because the fuel fullup (especially for cryo stages) should be done in the safest way possible to avoid serious issues upto and including total launch failure. They need to be done in the last minute because they will boil off if they stay in the rocket (exposed to the elements) for too Long. This is different for military missiles which are usually places in Silos and hence and in a much more controlled environment.
Yeah and its cohesive to the inner lining too and cannot be stored longer i guess.

But pslv has no cryogenic stage. Ita gslv which has cryo stage.

But still you made valid statement.

Cartostat separates... 2nd and 3rd too separated...

Wowwwww

4 pairs of satelite separated

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

SKC

Country flag
Satellites separation started

Sent from my LS-5201 using Tapatalk

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles