ISRO General News and Updates

CrYsIs

Country flag
RLV is coming ... give it a few years... we will remain the cheapest. :lol: 500$ per KG baby
RLV is 2 decades into future and it's commercial viability is questionable.Space shuttle was started with a similar intention but instead of going cheap it became exponentially more expensive than conventional rockets.That is why it was shelved.

CrYsIs

Country flag
It is not a myth. You simply claimed that it is a myth, but there is nothing in your post that proves your claim.
It is a general belief amongst our people that Indian space program is the cheapest which clearly is not the case.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
RLV is 2 decades into future and it's commercial viability is questionable.Space shuttle was started with a similar intention but instead of going cheap it became exponentially more expensive than conventional rockets.That is why it was shelved.
are you nuts??? the first test is in oct.

pmaitra

It is a general belief amongst our people that Indian space program is the cheapest which clearly is not the case.
The question is not about the general belief amongst our people that our space programme is the cheapest.

The general belief that you attempted to counter was whether our space programme makes money.

Please stick to the point you are trying to refute.

Refer to post: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/isro-news-and-updates.33401/page-29#post-1059082

Plesetsk is Russia's ICBM base converted to space port.
I know.
You have to understand that Russia is not like the rest of Europe.It's vastly an empty country with majority of it's population living in the moscow district alone.
Majority of the people live in western Russia. What is Moscow District?
Majority of the spent stage fall into the vast empty Siberia and chances of it falling into habitable zone are slim.Besides they have precisely demarcated the impact zone.
Ok. So what's your point? Diego Garcia would be better than Plesetsk.

Diego Garcia is just too small to run a space port.
Smaller than Sea Launch launch platform? I think not.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
That is a first in series of tests with a scaled model and dummy stages.

The actual vehicle won't be flying before 2030.
two things ....
a) There are a total of four tests needed .... in a span of 4 years. These cover

HEX (Hypersonic Flight Experiment)
LEX (Landing Experiment)
REX (Return Flight Experiment)
SPEX (Scramjet Propulsion Experiment)

The SPEX one is most crucial and has the most new tech but needs the first three to be completed safely
b) Nope it's not a ***strictly*** scaled model. But it does have dummy stages.
when you say scaled model it means something else in fluid mechanics.

CrYsIs

Country flag
The question is not about the general belief amongst our people that our space programme is the cheapest.

The general belief that you attempted to counter was whether our space programme makes money.

Please stick to the point you are trying to refute.

I know.

Majority of the people live in western Russia. What is Moscow District?

Ok. So what's your point? Diego Garcia would be better than Plesetsk.

Smaller than Sea Launch launch platform? I think not.

I have made it clear from the beginning that i am not against the space program.We do infact make money but we can earn much higher with more efficient and powerful rockets and we need to prioritize more on building higher payload capacity rockets to grab a larger market share.

Sea launching is a very expensive business and that it why they are now bankrupt.Only a one kind of rockets are assembled over a ship and transported to mobile oil rig converted launcher.This was commercially unviable from the beginning and the joint venture company ended up making loses.Besides from the safety point of view,it's hugely risky.

Diego garcia is just too small to convert it into a land based commercial space port.The required infrastructure cannot be built there.

CrYsIs

Country flag
two things ....
a) There are a total of four tests needed .... in a span of 4 years. These cover

HEX (Hypersonic Flight Experiment)
LEX (Landing Experiment)
REX (Return Flight Experiment)
SPEX (Scramjet Propulsion Experiment)

The SPEX one is most crucial and has the most new tech but needs the first three to be completed safely
b) Nope it's not a ***strictly*** scaled model. But it does have dummy stages.
when you say scaled model it means something else in fluid mechanics.
The name of the Program is RLV TD.The TD stands for technology demonstrator.This is a technology validation program.The actual program will start after validating various technology associated with this project.

The spacecraft that will be tested in Oct is a 1/6th scale model weighing 1.5 tonnes.

blueblood

I have no objections to our space program,But many foreigners do
What the hell happened to your self esteem? Who gives a flying fuck what a dying breed and soon to be Islamist's bitches think?

Even after 68 years, people like you still value white man's opinion when they want your space scientists to build toilets.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

If you hadn't noticed, they also want you to terminate your missile program and your nuclear program and want you to focus on, guess what toilets.

We are spending our hard earned money to make sure that our scientific population grow and prosper. You are fighting a losing battle here which I suggest you quit ASAP.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
The name of the Program is RLV TD.The TD stands for technology demonstrator.This is a technology validation program.The actual program will start after validating various technology associated with this project
Yes.. ofcourse because the tech is under development. So?
The spacecraft that will be tested in Oct is a 1/6th scale model weighing 1.5 tonnes.
As I have said earlier ... ***scaling*** has a very specific meaning in fluid dynamics..... read this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Similitude_(model)
In short .... if the tech is proven for 1.5 tonne model it can be scaled up to any size as long as we can get the same Reynolds , Peclet , Prandtl and Nusselt nummbers.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
What @CrYsIs is trying to say is that there are huge number of people living in poverty in India whereas we are spending money on finding life on Mars.

The Brits are the only ones in the world who think India is going on the wrong path. What do they want? Ban ISRO. That is not going to solve poverty problem. The government needs to create more job opportunities, invest in new technologies so that we don't have to import from other countries and then we will be able to use our foreign exchange reserves in social security. ISRO is trying hard with low budget to make India self-sufficient in advanced technologies. Even countries like UAE are asking for help from India for its mars mission which can be a good source of revenue for India.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
What @CrYsIs is trying to say is that there are huge number of people living in poverty in India whereas we are spending money on finding life on Mars.

The Brits are the only ones in the world who think India is going on the wrong path. What do they want? Ban ISRO. That is not going to solve poverty problem. The government needs to create more job opportunities, invest in new technologies so that we don't have to import from other countries and then we will be able to use our foreign exchange reserves in social security. ISRO is trying hard with low budget to make India self-sufficient in advanced technologies. Even countries like UAE are asking for help from India for its mars mission which can be a good source of revenue for India.
Baba they still have neo-colonial lenses.... no amount of logic will convince them of that .... do they ever make this noise whenn we buy ships/Defence tech from them? Nope. They always say this when we do our own research.

CrYsIs

Country flag
What the hell happened to your self esteem? Who gives a flying fuck what a dying breed and soon to be Islamist's bitches think?

Even after 68 years, people like you still value white man's opinion when they want your space scientists to build toilets.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

If you hadn't noticed, they also want you to terminate your missile program and your nuclear program and want you to focus on, guess what toilets.

We are spending our hard earned money to make sure that our scientific population grow and prosper. You are fighting a losing battle here which I suggest you quit ASAP.
I certainly don't agree to their view of closing down India's space and missile program but their criticism of India's social condition is justified.We shouldn't be so thick skinned that we stop listening to other's criticism.

While continuing with scientific progress i want the government to concentrate a lot on social issues too,because without solving basics we might end up becoming a very soviet union type of country ie hard on exterior,extremely fragile interior.

CrYsIs

Country flag
As I have said earlier ... ***scaling*** has a very specific meaning in fluid dynamics..... read this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Similitude_(model)
In short .... if the tech is proven for 1.5 tonne model it can be scaled up to any size as long as we can get the same Reynolds , Peclet , Prandtl and Nusselt nummbers.
Building a scale model is building an exact replica of proportionately much smaller size to carry out various tests to study forces acting on the body,not just heat transfer but also to measure various stresses and strains acting on the body

BTW , Peclet number = Reynolds X Prandtl

CrYsIs

Country flag

All i am trying to say is that we should concentrate on all round development and take their criticism sportingly.
Our justification in spending money on space exploration is right on target but what they are saying is not false either.India's inability to solve it's social issues gives them the cannon fodder to target us.The only way to shut their mouth is by improving the lives of the people and reducing poverty.

As far as ISRO is concerned,their number 1 priority should be to develop fuel efficient and environment friendly modular rockets with higher payload capability as the current PSLV and GSLV series rocket are light launchers.
Only then we can ear a larger pie of the 300 billion $ launching market.

blueblood

I certainly don't agree to their view of closing down India's space and missile program but their criticism of India's social condition is justified.We shouldn't be so thick skinned that we stop listening to other's criticism.
Foolish criticism is not necessarily arbitrary or willy-nilly, but it is "foolish", because it does the critic (or his intended target) no good. Typically it is therefore self-defeating, which might make people wonder why it is being stated at all. People can become terribly obsessed with a criticism, without really being aware of what it is truly about, why it is being made, or what the effect of it is. They might feel they should "pipe in" about an issue, without any awareness of a clear motivation.

Foolish criticism may lack any clear direction, being prompted simply by a grudge or gripe, a feeling of unease, or a sense of dissatisfaction. People often say, "don't criticize, what you don't understand", meaning that first people should understand things and their effects properly, before launching into criticism. If they do not, the criticism might "backfire" and have an effect which is opposite to what is intended. Criticism is truly foolish, if people persist in a criticism regardless, even though it is demonstrably not well-taken.

Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of constructive criticism is to improve the outcome. In collaborative work, this kind of criticism is a valuable tool in raising and maintaining performance standards.

Constructive criticism must always focus on the work rather than the person. Personality issues must always be avoided. Constructive criticism is more likely to be embraced if the criticism is timely, clear, specific, detailed and actionable.[1][2

While continuing with scientific progress i want the government to concentrate a lot on social issues too,because without solving basics we might end up becoming a very soviet union type of country ie hard on exterior,extremely fragile interior.
You my friend has scaled new peaks of immense stupidity and ignorance by comparing India with USSR (Note the criticism).

So according to you, India is/will be similar to a nation which spent anywhere between 40-20% of its GDP on military.

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

"Thy stupidity knows no bounds." I suggest you take this criticism sportingly.

CrYsIs

Country flag
You my friend has scaled new peaks of immense stupidity and ignorance by comparing India with USSR (Note the criticism).

So according to you, India is/will be similar to a nation which spent anywhere between 40-20% of its GDP on military.

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

"Thy stupidity knows no bounds." I suggest you take this criticism sportingly.

Why did i compare India to USSR ?

I compared them on the basis of their overall socio economic conditions and not on the basis of military spending.

The similarity between India and USSR is that like USSR,India too has a robust exterior but has a fragile interior.

Meaning India is a very strong country,militarily and geopolitically but it's internal situation is extremely fragile.

Without having a strong interior,a country is destined to be doomed.

I seriously don't want this topic to go off the mark but i hope you understand what i said.

blueblood

Why did i compare India to USSR ?

I compared them on the basis of their overall socio economic conditions and not on the basis of military spending.

The similarity between India and USSR is that like USSR,India too has a robust exterior but has a fragile interior.

Meaning India is a very strong country,militarily and geopolitically but it's internal situation is extremely fragile.

Without having a strong interior,a country is destined to be doomed.

I seriously don't want this topic to go off the mark but i hope you understand what i said.

.........................................................................................

salute

.................................................................................................

New threads

Articles