Internet at home not working properly.suggets a tool to test

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Dear friends

I am facing frequent internet dis-connections at home recently.i had contacted my ISP providers and they did some changes specially related to wire connections.the thing is that it worked in front of them for half and hour .Once they left , it get disconncted again and then i have manually get it connected. now its working like that only.I mean it intially works and after some time it get disconnected. this session of connection and disconnection goes on until it get few up and stop my pc.

Can some one suggest me tool which caputres time frame durning which i had active internet connection.Secondary it might show what was it downloaded/uploaded data size.I want to show them data from that tool to them

Or if not any tool or any other way

Regards

Chinmoy

Country flag
Try these few steps.

1- Capture the ping response to DNS. Look for the TTL period.
2- Whenever your net goes down, do a trace route to DNS or global DNS. It would help in shorting out the issue and find the defective hop.
3- You could use wireshark for packet capture, but traceroute and ping along should solve your issue.

Innocent

Country flag
Download Cidial its free and automatically connects you whenever you disconnect.
I m considering you use dial up.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles