INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
any one knows is there is a 7.62 MM MGL 4A1 in IA armoury?
if not, then this must be the new 7.76 belt fed LMG from OFB.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
7.62×51 or 7.62×39?
How can the newer have only 400m range! It already was competing for 600m...
There are some inaccuracies in the tweet I posted. The rifle in question is the 7.62*51 mm OFB rifle which was showcased in late 2017 video by sandeep unnithan. The rifle is further refined and its range is 500-600m as any other normal 7.62 NATO rifle. The 400m range is most probably that of refined Ghaatak rifle also manufactured at the same RFI Ichapore factory which earlier had an effective range of 300m.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
I have a question on the fugly orange furniture of insas. If the army can throw so many tantrums on the Arjun MBT and refuse to induct it, why didn't they do the same on the bloody disgusting orange colour of insas. Which guarantees that ur soldier is a sitting duck when camouflaged. Why didn't they demand that it be changed to some other colour umm...like i Don't know like BLACK for fucks sake ? Every time I see that orange colour my blood boils at all the fking mod, ofb and the army ppl responsible for inducting this rifle !

neeraj_

Bihar Police STF Commando Equipped with OFB Excalibur Rifle with OFB 2.5X Rifle Scope
One of the very few rifles coming out of OFB ( DRDO) that looks a sexy beast and works .

I have a question on the fugly orange furniture of insas. If the army can throw so many tantrums on the Arjun MBT and refuse to induct it, why didn't they do the same on the bloody disgusting orange colour of insas. Which guarantees that ur soldier is a sitting duck when camouflaged. Why didn't they demand that it be changed to some other colour umm...like i Don't know like BLACK for fucks sake ? Every time I see that orange colour my blood boils at all the fking mod, ofb and the army ppl responsible for inducting this rifle !
They are old rifles apparently some soldiers liked its woody feel.

New Insas version 1c or Excalibur doesn't have the fully fugly yellowish orange look. Cheers.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
But what abt existing ones still being used in the field. Why not atleast paint them black ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles