INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

silicon3

Country flag
Its always been my pleasure, Do ask questions ..
hi Kunal,

taking up your offer, time and again , we see news reports about INSAS being a inferior product ( even in 2016). its a known fact that you belive what you see hear and read , all i've read on main stream media is INSAS is a bad product where even me despite being on this forum i was still lead to believe its no good. However i now see its not the case and in fact the Excliber will be ordered for the defense forces .

My question is why does the Army /Defense force PR Department not put things to order, why dont they engage newspapers , defense journalists and put things straight.

why not prduce a short 15 min video intervoeiwng the Personal testing it and put to rest this rumours. this will be a excellent souce of genuine data which can then be used by the media and put to these pathetic news reports by cluess reporters.

Surely even the Defense forces personal read these idiotic INASA "inferor articles and want to put out the truth and facts once and for all.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Army is the user and that is it, When Army as organization dragged into such a mess by another equally well known organization then only it reply like when Royal Nepalese Army blamed 1B1s for malfunction and dragged Indian Army into it which trained them on it, Army defended itself by saying 1B1 works splendidly ( Link and screenshot is posted in this thread ), Their are many other such incident which went mostly unnoticed ..

Media house are corporate and will lobby whoever make the payment ( Foreign firms and hired dalals ), Its something cannot be hold back as the offender will play the victim card and will sue in name of freedom of speech, One cannot counter idiots but ban them which is not feasible in democracy ..

Though for sake of quality of this thread, Its best not to restart such debates as these are already talked in detail several times..

My question is why does the Army /Defense force PR Department not put things to order, why dont they engage newspapers , defense journalists and put things straight.

why not prduce a short 15 min video intervoeiwng the Personal testing it and put to rest this rumours. this will be a excellent souce of genuine data which can then be used by the media and put to these pathetic news reports by cluess reporters.

Surely even the Defense forces personal read these idiotic INASA "inferor articles and want to put out the truth and facts once and for all.

Hari Sud

Country flag
hi Kunal,

taking up your offer, time and again , we see news reports about INSAS being a inferior product ( even in 2016). its a known fact that you belive what you see hear and read , all i've read on main stream media is INSAS is a bad product where even me despite being on this forum i was still lead to believe its no good. However i now see its not the case and in fact the Excliber will be ordered for the defense forces .

Stop believing this BS. These are presstitutes and keyboard warriors who cut and paste any bad information.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I never tried it nor asked this anyone but it should work as it meant to ..

At range normal procedure is to lock the bolt as well as to put the switch at safety while cleaning or for safety with loaded magazine ..

@Kunal Biswas sir ,Can Insas chamber a round with safety on?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

At range normal procedure is to lock the bolt as well as to put the switch at safety while cleaning or for safety with loaded magazine ..
Dada my assumption.

Situation 1.
------------
Rifle is on 'S',chamber is empty and hammer is not 'cocked'...

At the time,you can't cock a kalashnikov because during cocking selector comes in hammer's way so you can't move bolt carrier further back,hence cannot chamber round in barrel.

Situatuon 2.
------------
Rifle is on 'A','R' or 'B' or any other fire mode,chamber is empty and hammer is not 'cocked'...

Now you can freely move bolt backwards to cock the rifle.The selector doesn't come in way of hammer and it can be locked back.

Situation 3
-----------
Hammer is 'cocked',rifle is on any mode...

As long as hammer is cocked,you can move bolt carrier group back and chamber the round in any mode.

See this video on Galil Ace by MAC.

ghost

This mean we can strip it with safety on ,unlike ak?Plus how do you lock bolt in Insas.

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
This mean we can strip it with safety on ,unlike ak?
The point is,rifle needs to be cocked as hammer comes in way of bolt carrier and fire selector comes in way of hammer thus ultimately rifle needs to be on one of the fire mode for cocking,disassembly can be done in any mode as far as hammer is cocked.
See the vid...here cadets are cocking their rifles before disassembly.

I may sound over-technical but it's way i explain something.
Trust me,I'm engineer...:biggrin2:

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Yes, You can strip & clean it while switch is placed Safety ..

Their is another switch which locks the bolt while cocking ..

This mean we can strip it with safety on ,unlike ak?

ghost

The point is,rifle needs to be cocked as hammer comes in way of bolt carrier and fire selector comes in way of hammer thus ultimately rifle needs to be on one of the fire mode for cocking,disassembly can be done in any mode as far as hammer is cocked.
See the vid...here cadets are cocking their rifles before disassembly.
IMHO ,they are cocking the rifle for safety check,SP .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
IMHO ,they are cocking the rifle for safety check,SP .
Yes
let me explain further...
pulling back of bolt carrier group is to ensure cocking and emptying,while rifle is on any fire mode - here first cadet might've forgotten to put rifle on fire thus he couldn't cock as well as empty his rifle in first try.

So he had to pull it again by putting rifle on fire,thus cocking and emptying rifle - this checks safety purpose.

Then comes disaasembly part.

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Yes, You can strip & clean it while switch is placed Safety ..

Their is another switch which locks the bolt while cocking ..
A switch that locks bolt back...do you mean bolt catch (or bolt hold open device) ?
Where is it located,dada ?
Can we use it for faster reloading?

ghost

Yes
let me explain further...
pulling back of bolt carrier group is to ensure cocking and emptying,while rifle is on any fire mode - here first cadet might've forgotten to put rifle on fire thus he couldn't cock as well as empty his rifle in first try.

So he had to pull it again by putting rifle on fire,thus cocking and emptying rifle - this checks safety purpose.

Then comes disaasembly part.
You can strip your rifle without pulling back charging handle,but it is not done due to safety purpose.

You can empty the chamber in AK and AR type rifles with safety on,don't know about insas.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
You are right ghost bhai,you can do both emptying and disassembly with rifle is on safe UNLESS hammer is cocked.
We both have different initial situation for such operation - for me rifle is not cocked and is on safe.

I'm saying it again,rifle NEED to be cocked as hammer comes in way of bolt carrier group and selector comes in way of hammer.
-(1.)thus if the rifle is on safe+uncocked,then to cock the weapon -->requires to put it on fire (as hammer would be in way of bolt carrier group)->pull the charging handle to cock+emptying (mag is off)->disassemble.
-(2.)thus if the rifle is on safe+cocked+chambered-->remove mag (leave selector as usual) ->pull bolt carrier back once to empty the weapon (it is already cocked hence this step is focused on emptying only) -> disassemble it.

Pardon me for confusing whole thing.

ghost

@Johny_Baba You don't need to cock ar15,m4 type of rifles to strip them(not recommended due to safety reason).The reason being that it is divided into upper and lower unlike AK.However ,you do need to cock ak before disassembly.

Hope I am clear.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its meant for cleaning purposes mainly and also comes handy when a round is misfired ..

Yes, I am talking about ' Bolt hold mechanism ' ..

A switch that locks bolt back...do you mean bolt catch (or bolt hold open device) ?
Where is it located,dada ?
Can we use it for faster reloading?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Its meant for cleaning purposes mainly and also comes handy when a round is misfired ..

Yes, I am talking about ' Bolt hold mechanism ' ..
That's a nice feature to have.I didn't know INSAS had bolt catch too.
Where's it located,dada?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles