INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I dont think it will ever happen.. and i dont think indian government will let it happen too... As russia need india... we need them more..... our friendship is long standing and it cant get 5crewed because of this issue....It is much deeper than that....
India does not need Russia more than Russkies need India. If that supplier ever came to heads, India can go to a France and third part suppliers to fill the void.

Snuggy321

India does not need Russia more than Russkies need India. If that supplier ever came to heads, India can go to a France and third part suppliers to fill the void.
No country has helped us more than the Russians and they are willing to sell and share everything they have.

Bheeshma

France can offer a lot but Russia is still important. Especially with GLONASS, Brahmos-A/S, Tu-22M3 and Akulas

Snuggy321

France can offer a lot but Russia is still important. Especially with GLONASS, Brahmos-A/S, Tu-22M3 and Akulas
and FGFAs, stealth frigates, space technology, nuclear technology .................

I could go on like this for some time

Crusader53

Respectfully, Russian Equipment looks good on paper. Yet, has rarely been successful in the field. (with some exceptions of course)

Just Me

Is there any new news about Vikrant, ever since the first round of trials and the news of the Boiler, updates about the ship as dried up. If some one has anything new please do update the same.. look forward to it..

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
and FGFAs, stealth frigates, space technology, nuclear technology .................

I could go on like this for some time
Uhh sure, let India pay and they shall receive from France as well. We won't ask you to pay half the development of a current project, deny you contracted ToT or rip you off on rusted hulks either.

cloud_9

Country flag
Final trials for INS Vikramaditya, Rs. 12,500-crore ship, in June
INS Vikramditya - India's second aircraft carrier- is back on its feet. Three of the ship's eight boilers that had malfunctioned during trials in last year have been "opened up and set right," a senior Navy official told NDTV.

Originally built as the Admiral Gorshkov in the Soviet Union, the $2.3 billion (about Rs. 12,500 crore) aircraft carrier is being refurbished by Russia, the world's second-largest arms exporter for India, its biggest customer.

The induction of the 45,000-tonne aircraft carrier that can carry about 30-odd aircraft was delayed by almost a year, leading to a severe reprimand by Defence Minister AK Antony in October.

Sources told NDTV that the problems in the ship's boilers had surfaced had when the aircraft was pushed to perform at speeds over 26-27 knots per hour. The INS Vikramaditya can do a maximum of about 28 Knots per hour. The Sevmash shipyard in Russia which is refurbishing and refitting the aircraft carrier hasn't officially informed India about the possible reason for the malfunction of the boilers.

In sea trials last year, the ship sailed for 10o hours and its flight deck - the most critical part of an aircraft carrier - is operational, senior officials told NDTV.

The MiG-29KUB two-seat naval fighter jet will be positioned on the Vikramaditya . It will be equipped with Russian-made KH-35 air to air missiles.

But because the seas in Northern Russia are frozen, the INS Vikramaditya can sail out of the port only in June this year for "delivery acceptance trials" - the penultimate stage before a ship is commissioned.

On acceptance of the ship from the builder, it will be formally commissioned with the Indian tri- colour being hoisted on top of ship after which start its journey to towards India.

The Navy intends to commission the ship in Russia and sail it back to India by October- November 2013. It is expected to join active service by December.

Interestingly, the Indian Navy will showcase the aircraft carrier on January 26 at Republic Day parade in New Delhi. The Navy tableau will include a scaled-down model of the INS Vikramaditya.

Reactions: WMD

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
The MiG-29KUB two-seat naval fighter jet will be positioned on the Vikramaditya . It will be equipped with Russian-made KH-35 air to air missiles
KH-35 SAM? when will india have decent defence affairs editor at news desks? Mig-29KUB? Where wil mig-29k go?

SilentKiller

Country flag
KH-35 SAM? when will india have decent defence affairs editor at news desks? Mig-29KUB? Where wil mig-29k go?
Mig-29K and Mig29KUB are the planes navy will use. Mig-29KUB is trainer/twin seater plane with rest same config. editor is bit wrong. KH-35 is not air to air but a subsonic air to ground anti ship missile...one of the most advanced in its class.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Mig-29K and Mig29KUB are the planes navy will use. Mig-29KUB is trainer/twin seater plane with rest same config. editor is bit wrong. KH-35 is not air to air but a subsonic air to ground anti ship missile...one of the most advanced in its class.
Yeah I know that Mig-29KUB is the trainer version. But wont you mention the fighter version primarily when you are mentioning that it will be stationed on the carrier?

SAM and Anti-ship missile is huge difference, that a editor must know. It is not 90's anymore. A bit of googling will tell you a lot and being in the business of information, providing correct information should be priority and lack of correctness is just shoddy work.

SilentKiller

Country flag
Yeah I know that Mig-29KUB is the trainer version. But wont you mention the fighter version primarily when you are mentioning that it will be stationed on the carrier?

SAM and Anti-ship missile is huge difference, that a editor must know. It is not 90's anymore. A bit of googling will tell you a lot and being in the business of information, providing correct information should be priority and lack of correctness is just shoddy work.
Maybe they are doing testing using Mig29-KUB...i am not much happy with indian news reporting either they are biased or sometimes gives pathetic info...
Like once i saw a video of attack helicopters and a news-person was saying india has Mi-35's and was showing Tiger helicopters and referring rockets as missiles..no knowledge and they never do research on it.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Dunno if repost...

Pre-boiler-failure sea trial launch & systems tests
[video=youtube_share;87-PRYWdgBU]http://youtu.be/87-PRYWdgBU[/video]
[video=youtube_share;qO3_sBOcKkQ]http://youtu.be/qO3_sBOcKkQ[/video]

Mi-29KUB test landing
[video=youtube_share;owhUT4MN2Hg]http://youtu.be/owhUT4MN2Hg[/video]
[video=youtube_share;68ce_RxR1a0]http://youtu.be/68ce_RxR1a0[/video]

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Why are we discussing subs in a Aircraft-Carrier thread?

binayak95

Country flag
I bet the Russians were wishing if both the carriers were theirs:cool2:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles