Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Atavistic

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
give it time: poles will be gone, grey tiles shall have red pattern and traffic will widen to 6 lane from 4 lane. All without Municipal or pwd
its 7-8 years old now and everything is at place but i can't rule out your prediction. pawjeets are uncivilised and expert at ruining infrastructure

AnantS

Country flag
its 7-8 years old now and everything is at place but i can't rule out your prediction. pawjeets are uncivilised and expert at ruining infrastructure
good for pune if it survived 7-8 years. I would say civic sense has improved then. earlier walking on the side of the road in pune one had to fear two things a) marauding local transport bus trampling you b) passengers sitting inside those buses/ shared autos turning white shirt to polka red pattern

mamamia12

This is what I want to see on a widespread scale. We need to follow up with zealous maintenance and cleaniness. More garbage cans, garbage can collector trucks and mechanized street sweepers, and more landfills that would recycle trash on a massive scale. India needs about 3k-4k landfills that can recycle up to 1 million tons a day.
Need to eliminate those manual sweepers. They do dogshit work and with every sweep of their broom humongous amount of dust pisses on someone's face.

thebakofbakchod

This is what I want to see on a widespread scale. We need to follow up with zealous maintenance and cleaniness. More garbage cans, garbage can collector trucks and mechanized street sweepers, and more landfills that would recycle trash on a massive scale. India needs about 3k-4k landfills that can recycle up to 1 million tons a day.
A random still from a Nepali mtotovlogger somewhere in Sikkim. Look how much cleaner and "acceptable" this street scene looks, just because the road side is paved with concrete instead of leaving it as a sand/mud zone. We need a PM roadside concrete yojana for all our cities and towns. The difference in infrastructure the second you enter into Sikkim is also night and day compared to the first half in North Bengal

1713268427509.png

1713268432361.png

Azaad

Country flag
A random still from a Nepali mtotovlogger somewhere in Sikkim. Look how much cleaner and "acceptable" this street scene looks, just because the road side is paved with concrete instead of leaving it as a sand/mud zone. We need a PM roadside concrete yojana for all our cities and towns. The difference in infrastructure the second you enter into Sikkim is also night and day compared to the first half in North Bengal

View attachment 248691

View attachment 248692

Forget littering which has a steep fine , it's also a no smoking zone & obviously as it comes with the territory a no pan / gutkha zone.

Atavistic

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Forget littering which has a steep fine , it's also a no smoking zone & obviously as it comes with the territory a no pan / gutkha zone.
Dehati pawjeets will be up in arms if the gormint decides to ban gutkha in the mainland. Also these shameless companies will be the first to go to SC

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
I'm normally desensitized at this point, but this thread got me really angry. Explains why our cities fucking suck. Just a sliver of the fraud that's going on.

zathura98

Country flag

A tier 2-3 city

karn

Country flag

A tier 2-3 city
Regardless .. Kotas riverfront is absolutely fantastic .. It is almost unreal as to how beautiful it is.. The lack of publicity is a real shame .. I guess its because different govts promoted / built it at different times so nobody really wanted to promote it for fear of giving credit to their political opponent . Entry fee 200 rs .

zathura98

Country flag
Regardless .. Kotas riverfront is absolutely fantastic .. It is almost unreal as to how beautiful it is.. The lack of publicity is a real shame .. I guess its because different govts promoted / built it at different times so nobody really wanted to promote it for fear of giving credit to their political opponent . Entry fee 200 rs .
yeah frequent government changes has hurt the tourism a lot , last vasundhra's government changed the dussehra mela totally , giving it a royal vibe and better management but was not promoted as government changed the next year.

Regardless .. Kotas riverfront is absolutely fantastic
except the chaaploosi of gehlot to promote only nehru/gandhi family, everything else is mindblowing.

Atavistic

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is Pontianak. Indonesia's Tier 3 city. Pedestrian friendly walkways, cleanliness and green cover at both side.

View attachment 249103
View attachment 249104
View attachment 249105
I am not advocating that India should go complete pedestrian or car friendly its impossible with such a huge population, but it should be balance of both. Chinese cities are good example of it. Wide Multilane roads, wide walkways, dedicated bike lanes and along with good public transit. They managed this despite having mixed uses development all over

Pawjeet govt in Dilli should launch PM Smart Street Mission and try to convert atleast some imp streets of Tier 1 cities closer to this. It will reduce the ugliness.

1713514747007.png

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Why this sudden increase in crowding in trains?
Ya'll Nibbiars Reduction of sleeper coaches from 14 to 8 and Increase in AC rakes, while the base fares for the Sleeper was 124, it's around 400 for the 3rd Class AC, so not suprised.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles