Infrastructure and Energy Sector

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Our customers and service providers are made in heaven match, just saw a flight from India to Singapore trashed like a foot path by Indians by the time it landed in Changi. Just no words, same people sit on company boards, planning and politics, they will never think beyond immediate selfish interest. Forget leaving room to expand any infrastructure and even if they do our public will trash it in no time and providers wont hire people that take their job seriously and maintain it. I am very pessimistic when it comes to execution from India where public are customers unlike ports and industry where direct interaction is minimal. Lot of duty free is useless anyway with more buddha statues than buddhists in India (wtf) like we have no history of our own.....dollars prices piss poor food is a norm with piss like coffee costing close to 200 Rs.

Sorry, no amount of GDP will bring improvements as attitude is primary problem from top to bottom with majority uncivilized filth thriving in democracy that is barely beneficial. Same idiots work in Dubai but look at how they take their jobs seriously there from rest rooms to airports and hospitals.
Totally agree. You cannot have a vikasit bharat with piss poor cities with bad traffic, broken roads, open sewers etc. Only after we visit some foreign cities, we get to understand that even our top cities are several times worse in infrastructure. In Greece, I went to a small village on top of a mountain, and there was 24x7 water supply, clean toilets, clean local stores to buy basics from with proper refrigeration from for food, a well maintained small clinic and good roads with potholes fixed etc. Now Greece is much poorer than Northern European countries. Yet the infrastructure was orderly and good down to a remote village. I was told that all it takes is 10000 dollars a year to live in that village comfortably. And homes cost like $100000. Very good quality of life on the cheap. Now can any part of any city anywhere in India provide such facilities. Homes in top cities in India are outrageously overpriced for the quality of life we get.
Modi 3.0 must focus on rapid urban development and the nightmare quality of life in our cities. Simply building highways and expressways wont help. I dont want to exit an expressway and go straight into urban hell. People who make good money want world class townships and cities to live in free of dirtiness and a lot of green space. Otherwise once people get rich they are going to take their money and leave for foreign towns. Both Modi terms have been a total failure in ushering in planned urban development and increasing the quality of urban life. Whatever has been done has been done by private parties.

indiatester

Country flag
Totally agree. You cannot have a vikasit bharat with piss poor cities with bad traffic, broken roads, open sewers etc. Only after we visit some foreign cities, we get to understand that even our top cities are several times worse in infrastructure. In Greece, I went to a small village on top of a mountain, and there was 24x7 water supply, clean toilets, clean local stores to buy basics from with proper refrigeration from for food, a well maintained small clinic and good roads with potholes fixed etc. Now Greece is much poorer than Northern European countries. Yet the infrastructure was orderly and good down to a remote village. I was told that all it takes is 10000 dollars a year to live in that village comfortably. And homes cost like $100000. Very good quality of life on the cheap. Now can any part of any city anywhere in India provide such facilities. Homes in top cities in India are outrageously overpriced for the quality of life we get.
Modi 3.0 must focus on rapid urban development and the nightmare quality of life in our cities. Simply building highways and expressways wont help. I dont want to exit an expressway and go straight into urban hell. People who make good money want world class townships and cities to live in free of dirtiness and a lot of green space. Otherwise once people get rich they are going to take their money and leave for foreign towns. Both Modi terms have been a total failure in ushering in planned urban development and increasing the quality of urban life. Whatever has been done has been done by private parties.
It has to start with massive education of the masses.
I was in Hyderabad airport recently and at my departure gate were a few aunties eating thali they got from one of the vendors. But the moment the boarding call came, they just left their thalis on the seats and walked off.
Its a combination of not knowing what to do, laziness and entitlement. Ofcourse added to that is lack of any deterrence.
Same extends to throwing of trash everywhere and not maintaining cleanliness at various places.
Massive exercise honestly.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
It has to start with massive education of the masses.
I was in Hyderabad airport recently and at my departure gate were a few aunties eating thali they got from one of the vendors. But the moment the boarding call came, they just left their thalis on the seats and walked off.
Its a combination of not knowing what to do, laziness and entitlement. Ofcourse added to that is lack of any deterrence.
Same extends to throwing of trash everywhere and not maintaining cleanliness at various places.
Massive exercise honestly.
Saw the same in Mumbai domestic. A family left their dosa plates on the table when the trash bin was right next to the table.lol. They could not even dump their plates in the trash can where they just had to move 2 feet. It is also ignorance as in this case practically no work was involved. They just don’t want to do it. Pathetic value systems and behavior right from childhood.

Atavistic

Country flag
I guess this will never get completed

LOL Babudom of vishwaguru at its best. Countries smaller than us are building swanky infras and new cities and here vishwaguru can't even redevelop 500 acres of land. This country will remain at Burundi level for next 100 yrs if radical changes aren't made in the existing dumbocratic setup.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
LOL Babudom of vishwaguru at its best. Countries smaller than us are building swanky infras and new cities and here vishwaguru can't even redevelop 500 acres of land. This country will remain at Burundi level for next 100 yrs if radical changes aren't made in the existing dumbocratic setup.
Ya'll Nibbiars The New Egyptian Capital, A country who's per Capital is just 33 percent higher than us.

GHQZFyZWoAAOJP1.jpeg
GHQZH_6WcAA2YQW.jpeg
GHQadzTXgAE2JuE.jpeg
GHQnTcbWAAA2NNn.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles