India's Current & Future UAVs & UCAVs

vishnugupt

Country flag
Indian air force inducts heron mk 2 drone
Hey Bhagwan, the Hight of Paneer tikka journalism.

"It can fly 35-36 hours in one day" that means it can stretch day-Night time on earth.
It has everything, High altitude, can operate beyond line of sight, can cross country. Basically everything which TAPAS has but for UN now it's become urgent.

Now we can understand why we have to quote 3× price for foreign mall because they have to maintain everyone.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Hey Bhagwan, the Hight of Paneer tikka journalism.

"It can fly 35-36 hours in one day" that means it can stretch day-Night time on earth.
It has everything, High altitude, can operate beyond line of sight, can cross country. Basically everything which TAPAS has but for UN now it's become urgent.

Now we can understand why we have to quote 3× price for foreign mall because they have to maintain everyone.
Who knows unaf wanna buy heron after killing tapas

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Mk2 does not have PT6 engine heron tp has that I think MK2 has Rotax 916 iS engine
Ya, I also found out it's the new Mk-2
Earlier they made a new version of Heron named "Heron Mk-2" but later renamed it Heron TP and Eitan. And then again launched a new Mk-2; this one.

Now my next doubt
From somewhere around 2020 to 2022 we're talking about buying IAI Eitan. Even there were reports of 4 Eitan getting delivered and deployed in Leh and what not.
How did those Eitans suddenly turned out of be Mk-2?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Earlier they made a new version of Heron named "Heron Mk-2" but later renamed it Heron TP and Eitan. And then again launched a new Mk-2; this one.

Now my next doubt
From somewhere around 2020 to 2022 we're talking about buying IAI Eitan. Even there were reports of 4 Eitan getting delivered and deployed in Leh and what not.
How did those Eitans suddenly turned out of be Mk-2?
No they did not the one ur talking about was for army i.e heron tp which may/maybe not be leased no clearity these mk2 are with air force number maybe 2 or 4 nothing clear some reports say 2 some say 4 but airforce has bought there not leased as confirmed by Ajit Dube on Twitter and these are armed variants came with air to group missiles,anti tank and the article just said bombs so might be uniguided bombs

Lonewarrior

Country flag
No they did not the one ur talking about was for army i.e heron tp which may/maybe not be leased no clearity these mk2 are with air force number maybe 2 or 4 nothing clear some reports say 2 some say 4 but airforce has bought there not leased as confirmed by Ajit Dube on Twitter and these are armed variants came with air to group missiles,anti tank and the article just said bombs so might be uniguided bombs
But if I'm not wrong then Heron Mk-2 is unarmed. Even on IAI datasheet there's no mention of kinetic payload; only things like ESM and ELINT.

Is it possible that they're goofing uf Eitan (armed Heron) with Heron Mk-2?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
But if I'm not wrong then Heron Mk-2 is unarmed. Even on IAI datasheet there's no mention of kinetic payload; only things like ESM and ELINT.

Is it possible that they're goofing uf Eitan (armed Heron) with Heron Mk-2?
Could be maybe ajit sir got wrong info today or it could be they don't mention it on website which I find hard to believe but one thing is definitely right that alpha was on to something I just went on website of the engine and it also says 25k feet maybe it is as the above tweet said its either 35k feet OR 35hr endurance you can't have both so they just doing clever marketing.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Cool
Now here's the specs from IAI official website
View attachment 218156
Why you moron feel necessary to jump everywhere with your brochure??
Heron TP or Eitan is altogether different UAV.
this is same old Heron ( slightly upgraded ) with new paint which UN generals are shamelessly licking on news media

Alpha defence has valid questions about flying altitude and endurance of Heron which look hyper inflated.

There will be a day when every Heron lover will have to eat their shit back which they have spread over here. Because TAPAS is a bigger UAV with more endurance and range.

Here again shameless Generals playing a trick. TAPAS is giving trials on highest altitude it can achieve hence its endurance decrease but Heron is giving trials at favourable altitude so it’s perceived endurance look high.

this the same game like happened T-90 Vs Arjun tank.

vishnugupt

Country flag

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Then Brace yourself before your another wunderwaffe bits dust.

See the difference in height, compare with personnel. I know how hard it it is to infuse sense into brain of a Gl0b0h0m0s .

Heron which UN generals brought.

Heron TP or Eitan ( which you gave reference)

View attachment 218161View attachment 218162
And later said
Tu mat bola kar na, umar ho gayi hai aaram kar. Kyon bematlab har jagah wohi ek hi Gl0...bakwaas krna.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Could be maybe ajit sir got wrong info today or it could be they don't mention it on website which I find hard to believe but one thing is definitely right that alpha was on to something I just went on website of the engine and it also says 25k feet maybe it is as the above tweet said its either 35k feet OR 35hr endurance you can't have both so they just doing clever marketing.
There's something quite a scene going on with these 2/4 odd drones

But as for those altitude limits of engines, I'm pretty sure now that those "published" limits are only for manned civilian aircrafts and not unmanned military ones.

Quite similiar to this, the specified altitude of Rotax 912 is 25k ft. But that same Rotax 912 powered General Atomics ALTUS holds an altitude record of approximately 65k feet
🤷‍♂️

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles