Indian Special Forces

lexz09

hell no

Also we need medium lift helicopters with air refueling capabilities , if IMRH doesn't materialize soon we must go for Blackhawks . Also turboprop refuelers like KC130J .
God this country really needs to spend if it even wants to become a military power let alone superpower.
We have been using HAL dhruv for quite some time now. Even the ALH is gonna drop soon. Do we not even have any spec op configured variant of ALH/ DHRUV yet in use with special forces??

kaboom

Country flag
We have been using HAL dhruv for quite some time now. Even the ALH is gonna drop soon. Do we not even have any spec op configured variant of ALH/ DHRUV yet in use with special forces??
when working in CI/CT the types of hepters we are using are good enough as per the rules of engagement .
But if we plan to push them outside the borders or continent you need a whole separate infra which we clearly don't have coz we vishwaguru .
'Ahinsa paro dharma ' .
(! the other part of the shlok has been redacted as it doesn't fit the narrative )

lexz09

Nope waiting for IMRH
Isn't ALH better for small troop insertion. Kinda like 160th SOAR's AH6 little bird.. considering the type of missions we usually do, I don't think waiting for IMRH is an excuse for not having a spec op variant of ALH.. but again our SOF isn't even SOF in the first place and babu dom is another curse altogether hahh

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Isn't ALH better for small troop insertion. Kinda like 160th SOAR's AH6 little bird.. considering the type of missions we usually do, I don't think waiting for IMRH is an excuse for not having a spec op variant of ALH.. but again our SOF isn't even SOF in the first place and babu dom is another curse altogether hahh
Their were Plans to make a LUH based little bird for SF no clue what happened to that

VictorDelta4

Country flag
Exactly my point forgot about Garuds they themselves know they won't even be considered in the first place

HAL will start using Internal funds now for IMRH if they can Find the SPV partner soon the project will move with a good speed and experience of HAL rotatory division their is a SF version planned all depends on how quickly they work on the project and if a SPV shows up
A DAP version with/with optional ESSS wings is something I really want to see.
Hell the LUH can be converted into fire support aircrafts.
However we barely have any mandate that would necessitate these variants.

kaboom

Country flag
1716029928827.png

1716030203343.png

For a long time I had wondered what are those red ropes that 9Para men always have on their PCs
1716030062360.png

1716030037783.png

They are most probably esmarch tourniquets . An invention of USSR that had mixed results during their Afgan war .

I also recently found out that they use IR chemlights (around 50 dollars a piece)

VictorDelta4

Country flag
View attachment 253573
View attachment 253577

For a long time I had thought what are those red ropes that 9Para men always have on their PCs
View attachment 253576
View attachment 253575

They are most probably esmarch tourniquets . An invention of USSR that had mixed results during their Afgan war .

I also recently found out that they use IR chemlights (around 50 dollars a piece)
Considering the level of infatuation IA has with Israeli stuff, you'd expect that they moved away from this to the Israeli Bandage and CAT Tourniquets.

Also seriously? is IA importing even Chem lights?

kaboom

Country flag
Considering the level of infatuation IA has with Israeli stuff, you'd expect that they moved away from this to the Israeli Bandage and CAT Tourniquets.

Also seriously? is IA importing even Chem lights?
I don't know of any Indian manufacturer , it is either imported from China or west .
That's how defense sector is in india , companies focus on selling big cool things at max margins . No one is making small basic equipment's that are not that cool and also don't have huge margins . Most don't even know something like that exist .

Example things like strobes , comtacs , chemlights ,torniquets are very simple low tech and cheap to develop things still no one tries as it is not well known . Everyone now a days is making drones .

VictorDelta4

Country flag
Example things like strobes , comtacs , chemlights ,torniquets are very simple low tech and cheap to develop things still no one tries as it is not well known .
Exactly. This is something someone should be capitalising on and going all out.
Hell even the guy from Armasen could start his own med pack pouches in all size variants and sell them for Mil and Civil uses.
Atleast medical products are available in India without any issues.!

Anyone who could send this message to him please do that.

airborneCommando

Country flag
View attachment 253573
View attachment 253577

For a long time I had wondered what are those red ropes that 9Para men always have on their PCs
View attachment 253576
View attachment 253575

OT but these dudes just show up and give us rugged unit looking pictures once in a year😄 can anyone on twitter ask vinayak bhai to drop more videos or even pictures from his stay at 9SF? If not can he give us a review of how he felt about them ?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
OT but these dudes just show up and give us rugged unit looking pictures once in a year😄 can anyone on twitter ask vinayak bhai to drop more videos or even pictures from his stay at 9SF? If not can he give us a review of how he felt about them ?
Someone Asked him about pics and video's when they posted my favourite setup ever on Army day video he said sadly he can't share more than what was allowed as for his experience maybe @Aditya Ballal can ask we he can give us his experience in words or maybe @Arad Operator can ask him about his experience I can't msg him now cause of Twitter's new policies

airborneCommando

Country flag
Someone Asked him about pics and video's when they posted my favourite setup ever on Army day video he said sadly he can't share more than what was allowed as for his experience maybe @Aditya Ballal can ask we he can give us his experience in words or maybe @Arad Operator can ask him about his experience I can't msg him now cause of Twitter's new policies
That yoked operator is using your favourite kit in HD:cool3:, its just that he isn't wearing a helmet.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles