Indian Special Forces

Blood+

Country flag
PAFF videos show the reality

patrol to contact in daylight in patkas and with handheld radiosets leading to entire teams being wiped out*

some boys with okay (for India ) gear turning up now and then doesn’t change reality.

* what has led to this mess has never been resolved and has only been compounded in recent times so why should anyone believe things are much better? A handful of guys with high cuts?
What's your beef with patkas?? Many of the soldiers I had the privilege to interact with during my tours in the border states swore by these and went as far as saying that they preferred them over the 'naye wale helmets'.

Blood+

Country flag
man these army guys will stretch upon uniformity in army schools and colleges and could'nt maintain uniformity at even squad level :) :) . i know it's RR , they are given relaxation but still this pic looks like some museum to show helmet of IA over years.
Chalo, kam se kam ka66e mein toh nehi ghum rahe hai.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Is there any solution to this ? We need to take part in active wars or wage one somewhere in west asia which we'll never do.
plenty of ‘peaceful’ nations have top quality SFs- NZ, SK, Germany, Japan, Canada and Australia spring to mind

(yes some have taken limited roles in GWOT)

the fact that India faces 2 legitimate and existential conventional threats and yet has allowed its military to become so COIN minded is farcical and exactly the point of the enemy’s tactics.

pulling nominally offensive units from COIN has to be the priority. Internal defence should only be a MHA matter no matter what IA’s veterans and interests say.

abingdonboy

Country flag
What's your beef with patkas?? Many of the soldiers I had the privilege to interact with during my tours in the border states swore by these and went as far as saying that they preferred them over the 'naye wale helmets'.
If you have no tactical advantage (ISR, tactics, element of surprise ie night) then something like a patka which is essentially a crudely shaped anti ballistic material might be justified. Like I said it’s indicative of an abysmal state of affairs- patrolling to contact in broad daylight is the height of absurdity for an ‘SF’ unit

Blood+

Country flag
If you have no tactical advantage (ISR, tactics, element of surprise ie night) then something like a patka which is essentially a crudely shaped anti ballistic material might be justified. Like I said it’s indicative of an abysmal state of affairs- patrolling to contact in broad daylight is the height of absurdity for an ‘SF’ unit
That I absolutely agree with. By the way, that crudely shaped thingy was for the longest time the only helmet that could reliably stop steel core bullets from near point blank range.

abingdonboy

Country flag
That I absolutely agree with. By the way, that crudely shaped thingy was for the longest time the only helmet that could reliably stop steel core bullets from near point blank range.
It’s not space age tech other militaries opted for the likes of ACH and ECH

decades ago now because they don’t send their troops out like cannon fodder and instead use superior tactics, mechanisation, tech etc to gain tactical superiority

you see Ukrainians and Russians adopting similar crude tech as they are being used like WW1 wave soldiers

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
There were 2 grps in total afaik
They spotted one grp somewhere else but near udhampur recently
Full of confusion
Ok so the situation is 1 big group of 7-8 divided into 2 groups 3-4 each they were spotted and op was going on from them the other spotted group with m4 was different and was actually far away from the previous spotted group idk if they ever launched op for that and then a intruder was shot yesterday evening/night that's it correct me if I might have missed something guys

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles