Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
You know the flying time for a heli from Srinagar to Rajouri ...must be less that an hour or maybe an hour.

A SF unit based in Srinagar could cover the entire Jammu and Kashmir region in an hour provided they get air support.

Do we have anything like this?

Because SF unit or rather companies or teams are deployed as Infantry units and are used as Infantry units

The SF units don't complain much as this gets them very easy kills and medals which helps in increments and future promotions

Someone related to me is a very high officer in the Army and he agreed that modernisation is not upto the mark but he also said that funds go unspent.

Procurement funds are different than budget.
Yea agree. I was leaving SF out of the conversation simply because they are more commando and every local/Area CO brings available/closest SF guns into the fight at the drop of a hat. SF anyways work under the operational orbat of the Area CO.

But if SG is also doing the same - defeats the entire purpose of the Acronyms.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Yea agree. I was leaving SF out of the conversation simply because they are more commando and every local/Area CO brings available/closest SF guns into the fight at the drop of a hat. SF anyways work under the operational orbat of the Area CO.

But if SG is also doing the same - defeats the entire purpose of the Acronyms.
SG chodo paaji there is a special unit formed in 80s which rhymes with lets say B wing and you know what it did....

it was deployed in siachen ..it was top notch unit of its day

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles