Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
Are these recon companies SF or part of USSOCOM? It should have been SEALs we should be training with
Nah man MARSOC Raiders & Force Recon Marines for the most part are similar to Navy Seals - They excel more in the Ground part of the warfare whereas Seals would excel more in the underwater part of warfare (specially insertion techniques with Subs etc)

Still Class units to train with.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Nah man MARSOC Raiders & Force Recon Marines for the most part are similar to Navy Seals - They excel more in the Ground part of the warfare whereas Seals would excel more in the underwater part of warfare (specially insertion techniques with Subs etc)

And it's not like they don't train with seals they trained with them last year itself

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

Ok for the clarification, i knew Marines has SF element and another light infantry unit also.I was confused over the names.

rkhanna

Country flag
Ok for the clarification, i knew Marines has SF element and another light infantry unit also.I was confused over the names.
Let me try and break it down

The USMC has 2 SOF/SOC units - Force Recon and Radio Recon. For the longest time the marine corp with their "superiority complex" refused to join SOCOM saying they are better. GWOT made them miss a bunch of the budget of SOCOM so now they have created a new unit MARSOC Raiders and that unit is now part of SOCOM. Raiders was raised from Force/Radio Recon Marines.

From Wiki

"The Marine Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC) Raider Battalions were originally composed of Marine Special Operations Teams formed from Force Recon platoons (Det One) in 2006. MARSOC now has its own separate training pipeline. Force Recon companies continue to operate and focus primarily on direct action, intelligence gathering and maritime raid operations in the visit, board, search, and seizure (VBSS) role. "

THAT BEING SAID. We actually don't know which unit it is in the Instagram Post the post only says RECON 15 MEF.

Marines have 2 units with the Acronym Recon" - Force Recon and Marine Recon. We dont know what they are refering to.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Let me try and break it down

The USMC has 2 SOF/SOC units - Force Recon and Radio Recon. For the longest time the marine corp with their "superiority complex" refused to join SOCOM saying they are better. GWOT made them miss a bunch of the budget of SOCOM so now they have created a new unit MARSOC Raiders and that unit is now part of SOCOM. Raiders was raised from Force/Radio Recon Marines.

From Wiki

"The Marine Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC) Raider Battalions were originally composed of Marine Special Operations Teams formed from Force Recon platoons (Det One) in 2006. MARSOC now has its own separate training pipeline. Force Recon companies continue to operate and focus primarily on direct action, intelligence gathering and maritime raid operations in the visit, board, search, and seizure (VBSS) role. "

THAT BEING SAID. We actually don't know which unit it is in the Instagram Post the post only says RECON 15 MEF.

Marines have 2 units with the Acronym Recon" - Force Recon and Marine Recon. We dont know what they are refering to.
It's 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit

OG source - https://www.dvidshub.net/image/8322601/recon-marcos-conduct-combat-beach-reconnaissance

kaboom

Country flag
abe ye kya tha ?
ye kya hai merko koi samjhao, not the teletubbie with the shotgun, but ye MARCOS ne kya kara apne AK ke sath, bc konsi stationary dukan se kharida ye sab ?
I think they have attached foam to their AKs to increase their buoyancy so that they are less of a hinderance during swimming due to its weight ,as without it they would pull them down like an anchor .
I have never seen anyone else do this before . This is a good hack but they should use some method to quickly detach them .

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

We need excercises like these when next Vajra prahar happens hopefully something like this happens

Mardkodardnhihota

Good morning, esteemed members of this community. I am a novice and seek clarification on certain matters. Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1. What is the process by which soldiers or military officers become eligible or are chosen to participate in specialized training programs such as scuba diving or freefall?
2. How many badges(distinct from medals) can be attained in the special forces, and who holds the record for the greatest number? A photograph of the individual would be highly appreciated.

I hope I'm not coming across as impolite, but I'm just curious.

Last edited:

airborneCommando

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles