Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
So marcos really hate using there gear on beaches?

View attachment 241468
They dont want to clean sand off their proper gear for some showoff exercise. Well i kind of respect that, they downgraded for the exercise whereas the paras try to showoff with kit and uniforms they never use in combat.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
It's beater gear, why would you want to clean saltwater/sand out of kit if you didn't have to....pain in the ass.
MARCOS are quite sensible about picking equipment. Their decision of inducting the Masada 9mm had largely to do with it's total polymer build. And this same high impact fibre-reinforced polymer build is also a large contributor in their insistence on using the compact X95s. This marine application friendly polymer won't corrode from extended exposure to salt water unlike Aluminum lowers and handguards.

JConline

Country flag
Bro what is SG ?
Special Group. Probably the only Tier 1 equivalent in the Indian Armed Forces. They operate under RAW and organizationally they fall under SFF (for secrecy reasons). They are designated as 4 Vikas in line with the many Vikas battalions in SFF. They are headed and comprised of only Para SF personnel.

kaboom

Country flag
Can SG or 9 Para SF call the IAF in 2024?
Some of 9 have been trained in lasing targets and shit but i seriously doubt they have ever trained in actually calling strikes in from fixed wings , hepters maybe ... 2 Para called in IAF Mi35 strikes during op kukri but calling in fixed wings is a whole another thing.
I have mixed feelings for SG , sometimes the lack of info makes me think they are OGs and sometimes makes me think they are duds .

kaboom

Country flag
During 1972 and Kargil war , who was calling in the CAS , forward observer ???

Hydra7.62

Country flag
Special Group. Probably the only Tier 1 equivalent in the Indian Armed Forces. They operate under RAW and organizationally they fall under SFF (for secrecy reasons). They are designated as 4 Vikas in line with the many Vikas battalions in SFF. They are headed and comprised of only Para SF personnel.
Do they operate in the same way as delta force and DEVGRU do ?
I never heard about tier system in india ,do we allocate funds based on the tier of oraganization.

airborneCommando

Country flag
Some of 9 have been trained in lasing targets and shit but i seriously doubt they have ever trained in actually calling strikes in from fixed wings , hepters maybe ... 2 Para called in IAF Mi35 strikes during op kukri but calling in fixed wings is a whole another thing.
I have mixed feelings for SG , sometimes the lack of info makes me think they are OGs and sometimes makes me think they are duds .
Not just 9, almost every unit has been training with those capabilities. Calling in fixed wing is mostly a Garud/AF job.
During 1972 and Kargil war , who was calling in the CAS , forward observer ???
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hu...an-in-a-surgi_in_5c11f4c9e4b0a39ade5e516f/amp
Something from a comparatively more recent happening.

JConline

Country flag
Do they operate in the same way as delta force and DEVGRU do ?
I never heard about tier system in india ,do we allocate funds based on the tier of oraganization.
The Tier 1 thing is just for representation purposes. India doesn't have a Tier system for SF. SG operates more on the lines of the CIA Special Activities Center (formerly Special Activities Division or Ground Branch).

airborneCommando

Country flag

Kumaoni

IMO. The last sentence of this post is the only one that matters and is the most important.

PS navy seal noteriety (and specially DevGru) continue till this day. in Astan it got so bad that a Ranger Company is now permanantly stationed with JSOC to provide Seals with QRT
this recklessness is why ex seals make shit instructors no offense

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles