Indian Special Forces

Blood+

Country flag
It suits China to not go hot and abide by the no arms rule along the LAC up to a point. Do you think the 1000s of KMs of roads and strategic rail lines they are building right up to their frontlines are just for carrying sticks and stones?
Again, how do these roads help them bring their heavy equipment across the Himalayas??!! They will allow them to bring their mech forces UP TO the foothills, yes, but then what??!! Their tanks gonna sprout wings and fly over the Himalayas?

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
Again, how do these roads help them bring their heavy equipment across the Himalayas??!! They will allow them to bring their mech forces UP TO the foothills, but then what??!! Their tanks gonna sprout wings and fly over the Himalayas?
The Chinese hold enough strategic positions to give them the means to push in and create theatres of war as they see fit, their tactic would be to open up the entire front simultaneously then exploit the weakest points. The Silguri corridor is going to be a significant problem for the Indian side to defend if it has to spread thin

we’ve already seen how their superior logistics allows them to build up forces rapidly and then interdict them into Indian territory to cease positions of superiority

on the mechanisation front it’s a myth to say heavy weapons have no role in the high altitudes otherwise why would both sides be investing in dedicated mobility and firepower solutions for the mountains?

Blood+

Country flag
The Chinese hold enough strategic positions to give them the means to push in and create theatres of war as they see fit,
Yes but that still does not answer my original question.
their tactic would be to open up the entire front simultaneously then exploit the weakest points.
Yeah, fat chance of that. Do you know how many divisions there are under the Eastern Command alone??
The Silguri corridor is going to be a significant problem for the Indian side to defend if it has to spread thin
Again, this just goes to show how clueless you are because of your lack of knowledge of geography of the LAC.

we’ve already seen how their superior logistics allows them to build up forces rapidly and then interdict them into Indian territory to cease positions of superiority
That is true and unfortunately, it can not be helped simply due to the nature of the terrain on our side of the LAC. That's why we have got so much forces permanently deployed along or close to the borders.

on the mechanisation front it’s a myth to say heavy weapons have no role in the high altitudes otherwise why would both sides be investing in dedicated mobility and firepower solutions for the mountains?
First of all, I never said that; no one with an ounce of brain would ever make such a claim!! All I'm asking is How are they supposed to bring the entire might of their mechanized forces to bear on us across the Himalayan ranges? That's it. How??

otherwise why would both sides be investing in dedicated mobility and firepower solutions for the mountains?
To exploit the (in case of PLA) and plug (Indian Army) few gaps (what we call passes) in between the mountain ranges in the Ladakh sector. But those passes are rather narrow and will become death traps for any mechanized columns trying to pass them. Ain't you been paying attention to what's been going on in Ukraine??!! Even in those vast, featureless plains of Ukraine, with all the room in the world to maneuver, the mechanized forces are getting decimated on both sides!! Now imagine the carnage it'd be if you try the same in those narrow mountain passes!!

Besides, the PLA is in a rocky desert with no natural cover or vegetation to conceal any large-scale buildup and movement of forces, so you can forget about achieving any kind of surprise.

Aspirant847

Country flag
Large number of our sipahis come from poverty, so it makes sense. In comparison many here in states join to just gain life experience. I myself am considering joining the USMC.
don't become a crayon muncher bro :rofl:

Aspirant847

Country flag
Cant get myself to Do Cancun. Too many americans. Fucking annoying. Now you find them in ost European big cities as well. Barca Madrid, Lisbon, lol so i avoid those like the plaque.

Last 4-5 years i have been spending time on the east coast of Africa. Kenya, Seycelles, Maldives, Mauritias, Uganda.

Next year the other side for me. Senegal.
seems like an interesting life, what is your profession?

Kumaoni

what proper uniform and managements does to a mf:

View attachment 226426

For some reason the folks of IA look much much more cohesive in this 1971 pic. You can observe an acute absence of a lot of shiny stuff. Only his should patch, name tag and ribbons stand out
Well yeah the military took itself seriously after 1962.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
what proper uniform and managements does to a mf:

View attachment 226426

For some reason the folks of IA look much much more cohesive in this 1971 pic. You can observe an acute absence of a lot of shiny stuff. Only his should patch, name tag and ribbons stand out
Yes...Indian should opt same colour in uniform no camos, no digital marpats nothing bcoz currently there no uniformity in uniform..all Jhumlabaji..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles