Indian Special Forces

mcpo117

Country flag
the answer is you can't target them without collateral damage. You just make your presence known maybe fire a few rounds in their general vicinity and hope that they disengage move for cover meanwhile ground force secure the area .
In most cases it works .. high rpm weapons are scary af
good point. this is why we need M134 of something similar like the Russians Glagolev-Shipunov-Gryazev.

kaboom

Country flag
those are 1974 helmets. rape my eyes ffs!
Garuds are totally wasted. The IAF should have been raising Garuds as CCTs from the beginning.
they have not even trained them for CCTs now ...

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
those are 1974 helmets. rape my eyes ffs!
Garuds are totally wasted. The IAF should have been raising Garuds as CCTs from the beginning.
That's an Orlite from da jooz, not an M1974

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
just not the redular Orlite201 with vanilla infantry
1695301614317.png

Tactical Doge

Country flag
bro even OR201 is 50 years old. this is embarrassing.
I'm not 100% sure it's the 201, or the M71
but atleast they have the NVG shrouds

Kumaoni

This is the Indian army for you.
You have one operative whose relatively well equipped with good helmets, rifles, scope, and BPJs
You have few who are moderately equipped with ACH
Then you have the rest which are shit equipped.
These levels of equipment difference within a single unit is astounding to say the least

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
This is the Indian army for you.
You have one operative whose relatively well equipped with good helmets, rifles, scope, and BPJs
You have few who are moderately equipped with ACH
Then you have the rest which are shit equipped.
These levels of equipment difference within a single unit is astounding to say the least
Is it more like the armory is opened during an operation and operatives rush in to pick up the gear on a first come first serve basis?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Such people under perform and that is ok.

But to underperform and to think you are the best is something which is dangerous as a pilot.

There is a reason an airline like emirates has very less people with these backgrounds from all countries.
It normally comes down to ego, naturally airforces and particularly the fighter streams will promote a certain kind of a-type personality and select for it

this doesn’t translate into multi crew commercial operations at all.

now you get some damn fine experienced guys who come from an AF background and have adapted but you get plenty more who still have their AF type mentality

having coke across them in a professional environment it was quite illuminating to the issues this can pose if you haven’t actually got the capabilities to back it up.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Emirates is world class airlines.
Best food, comfy seats, etc
I only visit India flying Emirates
In 3-5 years give air india a chance

to keep it relevant to this topic- Emirates is an example of how you can get world class from nothing just by being open to outside perspectives. The vast vast majority of people that built emirates from the top to bottom were not emiratatis but ex pat from literally every corner of the world, they identified best practices and had an objective standard to meet. Similar mindset to how the M.East countries are building up their SFs by tapping the retired guys from Western units

sometimes I hear some people saying it’s a question of Indian capacities but that’s bs- a significant % of those delivering world class efforts in emirates are themselves NRIs. There’s nothing wrong with the human capital the systems and incentives in india are all just screwed, chalta hai,Jai ho etc.

(purely talking about military matters at the end there, on other fronts I think India has turned the corner and it’s just a matter of time and building on to get real results. On the military front I have next to no hopes as they are basically clinging on to colonial mentalities)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles