Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

Op cactus…..

a damn fine example of the utility of a rapid response airborne infantry division (50th), since then they’ve converted the entire para regiment into ‘SF’, now neither SF nor airborne exist.

CCP- something something sun tzu quote about not getting in the way when your enemy is making mistakes
That was when our men were on par with the west and others. The army knew how to operate itself.

Those days are long gone. It’s a sucker that it will take another 1962 for us to wake up and smell the coffee.

Like I’ve said to you before, I’m sure there’s a military fiction thread somewhere (I know BRF used to have that). Let’s keep the discussion on what can/will happen.

IA killed AFSOD/SOCOM, so your proposal is DOA even is to be entertained.
What happened with AFSOD? Need some background on this.
The thing is I genuinely don’t believe they do know, the kind of specs and configurations that come out of the IA for new equipment gives the impression that they are merely LARPing. The FINSAS demos have been perfect illustrations

COIN and peace have rotted them to the core. Steel sharpens steel.

im done with these clowns after bright name tags on the front of helmets for FINSAS
Did you know they are literally making a different uniform for brigade level up officers? Like are they retarted? In any urban insurgency that’s like putting a target on their head, to distinguish them from regular jawans and YOs? Who’s the clown coming up with this decision.

They do know what is effective, at least SOME do. If anything I have come to learn, from reading, is that is army generals are no monolith. The army chief, BC joshi who chose to create a SF regiment and modernize the Indian army and expand RR (a genuis move), his successor literally “set Indian SF back by decades” by disbanding SF regiment and merging all the SF btns w airborne ones. Thus, we see one briliant army chief and one, rather ignorant one. Similarly it was CDS Bipin Rawat who began mass ordering SIGs while his successors seem to have lost vision.

So there are some who know what to do, or have an idea, but the issue is also that it is only some. EVERY IA UPPER BRASS needs to competent in regards to procurements, SF,army structure, etc. It’s the army ffs and our threat level is extremely high.

kaboom

Country flag
Please, the same govt/army that will create PR drama for inducting some collapsible bridging systems won’t let these things go without at least a press release.

Stop promoting the idea of these super secret capabilities based on anonymous accounts.
not really , army has not created PRs for their EOD and demolition schools yet ......... that doesn't mean they don't exist .
Also its not a super secret capability rather a newly implemented capability

abingdonboy

Country flag
Forget about GROM (who SAS and JSOC units consider peers), Taliban SF are better equipped (by far) and have much much better drills than any Indian unit has ever shown

Yes yes they are all ex ANA SF trained and equipped by NATO but that just proves what can be done with the right mandate. 20 years ago these guys were all village boys with soviet era AKs

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Forget about GROM (who SAS and JSOC units consider peers), Taliban SF are better equipped (by far) and have much much better drills than any Indian unit has ever shown

Yes yes they are all ex ANA SF trained and equipped by NATO but that just proves what can be done with the right mandate. 20 years ago these guys were all village boys with soviet era AKs
A bro sent me a video of Paki SSG who I don't want to mention..where SSG had better weapon handling than Para..2023 video

abingdonboy

Country flag
As @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR this is easily the level infantry should be today (equipment wise) and it’s hilarious how far FINSAS is from even this relatively outdated level.

but at least they are demonstrating and clearly drilling what makes Garuds necessary and unique- CSAR, for once a niche capability not just another general CQB/commando demo that anyone could do (Paras/MARCOs/NSG/state police/CAPFs).

+ it’s the small things but they’ve got an actual fold out stretcher. I remember Major Jacob saying they didn’t have such space age gear in paras hence they had to carry their wounded on their backs

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles