Indian Special Forces

STORE

That's an M249 with the PAFF guy
View attachment 206928

Which Squad automatic weapon does para use? Oh wait that's right........... cumbersome Soviet designs captured from Slain pigs and cannibalised from Decomisioned tanks
I don't think PKs r bad but it's much more heavier than other alternatives I guess? and I though they were manufactured locally in OFB thiruchitappali. Where did all the Negev's and FN Mag's procured fr the speacial forces go?

skunk works

Country flag
My original comment was a response to the commenter's statement on CAPFs getting hammered by Naxals.

These used to be a time when every year 30-40 CAPF soldiers used to get killed in a single ambush.The highest was 76 in 2010.This reflects a very bad planning and strategy deployed by them which can only happen when you have bosses who don't have an inkling of military operations.
And hence i said IPS have no business in managing anti-insurgency operations. These are the things that can only be handled by people who are seasoned into this sort of warfare and not by people who have written long essays on history and political science.
Green Hunt was made a success by IPS like K. Vijay Kumar only. If Job of catching Veerappan was given to our Jernails, he would have ran and set up a breakaway republic in Kerala Jungles and our jernails would be advising GOI to do chai-biskoot with him.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Green Hunt was made a success by IPS like K. Vijay Kumar only. If Job of catching Veerappan was given to our Jernails, he would have ran and set up a breakaway republic in Kerala Jungles and our jernails would be advising GOI to do chai-biskoot with him.
Pak army and (independent) Indian army have exactly the same genesis, their founding officers were exactly the same class and taught in identical institutions, why do we assume that one is so different from the other?

The difference is because Indian civil leadership had the good sense to establish civilian supremacy early on and put them in a box

But listen to the debate about cantonments and the exact same arguments are made on either side of the border

the same culture is still entrenched, when an officer retires ‘he’s a jolly good fellow’ is still sung by both groups

I’ve been thinking about all this a lot lately when I’ve been thinking about the root causes of failures across the board

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
I don't think PKs r bad but it's much more heavier than other alternatives I guess? and I though they were manufactured locally in OFB thiruchitappali. Where did all the Negev's and FN Mag's procured fr the speacial forces go?
No
The one with the para guys are cannibalized ones
I don't know if OFB has supplied them with the Pikas

The Negevs get propped up in a picture or two once every blue moon, frankly I think they maybe have a couple dozen ones that never leave the armoury(outside of Instagram Kamandos taking pictures ofcourse)

It is the Job of the squad gunner to lay down a large volley of fire so the rest of the squad can maneuver

These guys are equipped dysfunctionally and they'll get mowed down even more, the PAFF guys will pick them off with their IR sights and American machine guns from Afghanistan while they will struggle to see what's 5 metres ahead of them
Every single thing in this picture screams sheer Patheticness
1684924351811.png

In the future These pigs probably will start picking fights exclusively in the night and exclusively in the Rajouri-poonch type areas now that they know IA's soft underbelly

IA genrols will keep getting Ribbons to pin on their chests for solving complex sitchs (made complex by their own design/ineptitude in the first place) by throwing men at the enemy
Political masters will read numbers from graphs and think everything is fine and dandy
Do some balakot type shiiet, kill some worthless pigs, and even the general public will start cheering the ineptitude

It's a circus

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Sir this thing that falling back is not an option, IA never falls back, surrendering and all other similar things are nothing to be depressed about or feel sad or feel dominated
When it's required better take a retreat or fall back in order to reduce both and man and machine loss we can come back latter and take it effectively and in better way and planning
It's part and parcel of warfare
Yeah there are people to harass in internet or tease or trouble but in long run who has domination that matters better if we fall back and next time come stronger
Just a thought nothing else
Falling back is not a problem...can be done to regroup and reequip and replan.

But

To leave 5 injured operators for the militants to make videos and amputate them knowing their track record....on enemy territory behind enemy lines?NOO...Infront of huge enemy numbers?NOOO..

I am sorry buddy if this is indeed true..its undefendable.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

But

To leave 5 injured operators for the militants to make videos and amputate them knowing their track record....on enemy territory behind enemy lines?NOO...Infront of huge enemy numbers?NOOO..

Oh it's indeed undefendable , good God why was the situation not salvaged at all I don't understand.
Para sf is not special forces anymore especially after the bullshit of all all para battalions to sf standard, it means only two things.
1) the training of sf itself is not much different so no need to classify them as a elite or separate force
2) general lack of logic as we often see.

jai jaganath

Country flag

But

I am not defending para sf and I have infact never defended them
My point was for general situation basically if situation is such that bodies can't be retrieved due to heavy enemy firing and that could further increase casuality then what can a team do
Speaking generally sir not to this incident

skunk works

Country flag
Pak army and (independent) Indian army have exactly the same genesis, their founding officers were exactly the same class and taught in identical institutions, why do we assume that one is so different from the other?

The difference is because Indian civil leadership had the good sense to establish civilian supremacy early on and put them in a box

But listen to the debate about cantonments and the exact same arguments are made on either side of the border

the same culture is still entrenched, when an officer retires ‘he’s a jolly good fellow’ is still sung by both groups

I’ve been thinking about all this a lot lately when I’ve been thinking about the root causes of failures across the board
Punjab also, handled by the police. The one operation army did was a disaster so bad, they write books about how badly it was planned and executed.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I am not defending para sf and I have infact never defended them
My point was for general situation basically if situation is such that bodies can't be retrieved due to heavy enemy firing and that could further increase casuality then what can a team do
Speaking generally sir not to this incident
I am not saying for you i am saying even we cant defend.

Heavy firing or not when they say leave no man behind this is exactly the situation.

skunk works

Country flag
Oh it's indeed undefendable , good God why was the situation not salvaged at all I don't understand.
Para sf is not special forces anymore especially after the bullshit of all all para battalions to sf standard, it means only two things.
1) the training of sf itself is not much different so no need to classify them as a elite or separate force
2) general lack of logic as we often see.
I 100% believe Indian army and (ch)air force officers have poor knowledge, education and training.
There is no knowledge of latest tactics even, let alone equipment.

This is created by a culture of zero accountability. Soldiers are worshipped and even shameful defeats are turned into 'they fought like lions against hyenas'

Then 10 years later somebody reveals that no, they did not fight like lions. The rifles jammed, the officer who was in the first jeep like Hrithik in Lakshya was shot first and the jawans ran around like headless
chickens until they were shot as well.

Proof is in the pudding. They probably copy specifications from Jane's to create acquisition requirements.
This is why I hate the worship culture- 'best ofthe best saar, we defeat USAF in excercise saar, bisleri boys saar'

The navy is a shining lone star in the darkness.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I 100% believe Indian army and (ch)air force officers have poor knowledge, education and training.

This is created by a culture of zero accountability. Soldiers are worshipped and even shameful defeats are turned into 'they fought like lions against hyenas'

Then 10 years later somebody reveals that no, they did not fight like lions. The rifles jammed, the officer who was in the first jeep like Hrithik in Lakshya was shot first and the jawans ran around like headless

Proof is in the pudding. They probably copy specifications from Jane's to create acquisition requirements.
This is why I hate the worship culture- 'best ofthe best saar, we defeat USAF in excercise saar, bisleri boys saar'

Everything you said is true ..just a little blunt but true.

I know of incidents which have been made fairy tales to hide incompetentcy but if i dare say that the state would not do anything but our very own population will call me gaddar and deshdrohi.

I used to say the same thing since years but people used to pullout the dck of past records and throw at our face here..as if past determines the result if future battles.

When your retired officers come on youtube and boast and then show zero knowledge of any modernization..it talks volumes about how the future will be.

What does the introduction line of PAFF say about such videos and officers..go check.

We warned you..ans even now i say that in future if major changes is not done be prepared for an embarassment from a formidable enemy maybe like the PLA.

And these are not normal operators who died they were indeed the best of our best..ex nsg 9 para operator..its a fucking big deal.

Bullet holes in every body and our people claiming IED..are we belittling our boys bravery for floating the larger than life para sf image as claimed by PAFF.

On one hand we do everything to save a senior IAFs cocky son...and when it comes to poor jawans who are from humble backgrounds we just claim it was ied..and maybe not award them even...I really hope this is not the case.

Last edited:

kaboom

Country flag

They are fighting on raw courage , luck and instincts instead of equipments ,training and tactics

skunk works

Country flag
They are fighting on raw courage , luck and instincts instead of equipments ,training and tactics
Comes down to the cost of human life being cheap in a country with billion + population. But it shouldn't be.
Everything you said is true ..just a little blunt but true.

I know of incidents which have been made fairy tales to hide incompetentcy but if i dare say that the state would not do anything but our very own population will call me gaddar and deshdrohi.

I used to say the same thing since years but people used to pullout the dck of past records and throw at our face here..as if past determines the result if future battles.

When your retired officers come on youtube and boast and then show zero knowledge of any modernization..it talks volumes about how the future will be.

What does the introduction line of PAFF say about such videos and officers..go check.

We warned you..ans even now i say that in future if major changes is not done be prepared for an embarassment from a formidable enemy maybe like the PLA.

And these are not normal operators who died they were indeed the best of our best..ex nsg 9 para operator..its a fucking big deal.

Bullet holes in every body and our people claiming IED..are we belittling our boys bravery for floating the larger than life para sf image as claimed by PAFF.

On one hand we do everything to save a senior IAFs cocky son...and when it comes to poor jawans who are from humble backgrounds we just claim it wasnt ied..and maybe not award them even...I really hope this is not the case.
And zero accountability from the sources who claimed IED. In an actual professional army, heads would roll for lying so transparently.
If the Indian army had been at Gandamak in 1842 with these jernails, we would not hear the end of 'how we gave the pathans a taste of real battle' that they 'still tell their children so jaa varna Rajnath Singh aa jaaega', and that the 16,000 that died is just BBC propaganda, that it was actually 16 men who died in an avalanche.
Internet and proliferation of cameras will expose transparent lies of these jernails.
Such lying is dangerous because it presents a false image and prevents real changes from taking place.
And that's how, a metaphor I say often, you end up with MIG21s forward deployed in 2019.

abingdonboy

Country flag
This wasn’t even a fight, that’s the pathetic part about it

Sending them off with almost nothing but their shirts on their back into a pre-planned ambush is beyond unforgivable and when it happened they were forced to flee on their own territory. This is no way for heroes to die.

after all this time if there isn’t a pre-condition that there’s a co-located QRF on call with a aviation unit before any team is sent out into the field then I really don’t know what to even say, the epitome of lions led by lambs

fuking life is cheap chalta hai attitude to this day, Indira Gandhi died and they created an entire new force, these men die in similar fashions continuously and they don’t even blink. In any other democracy this cr@p would cost votes and politicians would be in peril for their jobs.

abingdonboy

Country flag
No
The one with the para guys are cannibalized ones
I don't know if OFB has supplied them with the Pikas

The Negevs get propped up in a picture or two once every blue moon, frankly I think they maybe have a couple dozen ones that never leave the armoury(outside of Instagram Kamandos taking pictures ofcourse)

It is the Job of the squad gunner to lay down a large volley of fire so the rest of the squad can maneuver

These guys are equipped dysfunctionally and they'll get mowed down even more, the PAFF guys will pick them off with their IR sights and American machine guns from Afghanistan while they will struggle to see what's 5 metres ahead of them
Every single thing in this picture screams sheer Patheticness
View attachment 206933

In the future These pigs probably will start picking fights exclusively in the night and exclusively in the Rajouri-poonch type areas now that they know IA's soft underbelly

IA genrols will keep getting Ribbons to pin on their chests for solving complex sitchs (made complex by their own design/ineptitude in the first place) by throwing men at the enemy
Political masters will read numbers from graphs and think everything is fine and dandy
Do some balakot type shiiet, kill some worthless pigs, and even the general public will start cheering the ineptitude

It's a circus
Obviously it doesn’t take a genius to look at these pictures and say these guys are absurdly behind in equipment, training, tactics etc but there are STILL the idiots that will claim somehow these units are the best despite all evidence to the contrary.

this wouldn’t be such an issue except the masses fall into this camp, even the babus and netas don’t know any better as they take the lead from the uniforms in this regard.

all a soldier is good for to the higher ups is to die it seems, when they are alive they don’t mean anything. Not even a freaking helmet for this team forget about thermal imagers

and here we are discussing when Paras will get COMTACs, we should be wondering when they’ll even get basic med packs and uniforms

abingdonboy

Country flag
Nor will this ever be avenged. Refuse to believe that they won’t, considering this is the same unit that did surgical strikes.
‘Revenge’, such standard Indian tactics- after you’ve been punched repeatedly in the face, you go and flick them on the cheek

Israel would’ve already flattened the entire village where these people come from

Scramjet

Country flag
‘Revenge’, such standard Indian tactics- after you’ve been punched repeatedly in the face, you go and flick them on the cheek

Israel would’ve already flattened the entire village where these people come from
The fact that we already have strong intel of where these cunts come from, their handlers, their names and their whearabouts but no action is taken.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles