Indian special forces carry out cross border operation into Myanmar. Several militants killed

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
@OneGrimPilgrim, dude I am not denying the racism. I am denying the magnitude of it. I am asking people to not make mountains out of molehills.

Biharis were gunned down day after day in NE but that was because of the militants. Some assholes messing up with NE people in Delhi and suddenly entire country becomes the target.

So fucking what if taxi drivers in Chennai repeatedly misbehaved with me? Taxi drivers are assholes everywhere and Chennai's were slightly worse than others. Should I cry my eyes out and play the victim card? I am a grown man who is capable of handling these situations.

"Indians and dogs are not allowed". Blacks hanging from the trees. This is what actual racism looks like.

Rapes happen in every country and yet India gets to be the center of attention. You are doing the same thing to your country what BBC does.
granted that the magnitude may not be of the apartheid or ku klux klan era type, but its enough to have sparked many protests and forced the govt. to finally look into it and prompted debates in both the houses of the parliament; and with frequently occurring incidents of being ganged up and beaten, threatened to be killed and all such because of your identity, its not something that grown-ups (or otherwise) can always ably handle themselves. if these things are happening in multiple places nationwide, even though not everywhere and are mostly concentrated to a select few places, the victims would more-or-less deem kind-of the whole territory as holding a hostile attitude towards them.

the extrasocietal militants are being taken care of now; and high-time the bugs in the society too be dealt with pain-yielding force. thankfully, awareness on this issue in the country is very high now and we are accepting that there is a genuine problem; now that it has been marked, next would come the efforts to arrive at a solution, and if surveys are to be believed, the NE population outside of their home-states is also hopeful that the situation can improve and it will. DingDong's earlier post notwithstanding, the previous governments really did a terrific job of alienating the NE, and it now rests on us and this govt. to treat the rot, yes, without attempting a BBC-paintjob.

BTW, dogs may've levelled up on status and gained entries to places previously disallowed to them, but at some places in India itself, the Indians are still not allowed. :D
regarding Chennai, didn't face any troubles there during my visits (perhaps my looks not worth the taxiwaalas' time), but an acquaintance faced some fracas with some people there in a mall once, but was able to make them shut up. :fyeah:

anyway, enough of off-topic brouhaha, lest the mod comes with his stick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanjukta Parashar - Superintendent of Police in Sonitpur district of Assam, mother of a 2 year old. Leads anti-Bodo-militant ops in the difficult terrain. Gunned down 16 militants and arrested 64 in last 15 months. Impressive recovery of arms and ammunitions to her credit. A name Bodo militants fear!

#DespiteBeingAWoman

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Yes we know... Burma is on our NE border and Pakistan is in West.

Now Nisar should go and blow himself on his own people.
but they did raise the white flag last time on the indo-pak border.

So we can punish them without even crossing the border. What is needed is the political will, which this govt has got in tons.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Indian army should be kept on high alert in Kashmir.

Pakistanis may try to defame this hot pursuit by Indian Army in Myanmar by carrying out strike in Kashmir and asking to do similar kind of operation against them.

DingDong

Country flag
There is so much BS I don't know where to begin- up has 80 MPs , Bihar 40, jharkhand -10, MP- 35(chattisgarh included). And wb 42. You must have some serious issues to claim with a straight face that goi ignored 200Mp seats out of 543 . if anyone has a right to whine about present government abd bureaucracy- its Tamil nadu and north east - Tamil nadu because GoI conducts IAS exams in hindi (which is against constitution) and NE because they have very few MP seats.

It can't get any ridiculous than biharis bitching about central govt being unfair to them, when the IAS exams are basically rigged in their favour due to Hindi while other western and southern state have to learn it as a third language to get into IAS.

This economic disparity is the result of how the local population votes and behaves . no one asked up wallahs to vote mullah and no one asked biharis to vote Lalu who looted them dry.

And finally nothing can stop entitled little cu*ts from demanding more and more. One must accept their fault to progress. Rest of India can do jack fucking shit to WB and Bihar when they elect 33yrs commies and TMC and Lalu respectively.

And regarding the economic policy of centre- wow. Neyveli liginite mines was used for powering all the four southern states. Do you see us Tamil bitching about it and using it as an excuse for dung heads like DMK coming to power now and again? How the fuck is it our fault that even the worse party of TN , DMK is loads better off than the Bihari favs right now Lalu and nitish??

And learn from orissa- a former bimaru cousin now on a great track towards development on how to vote and get a good government. Nobody can help you if you are not willing to help yourself.
For starters, my mother tongue is neither Hindi nor a dialect of Hindi, this is a big part of my identity, still I never had problem accepting Hindi as mode of communication when that helped.

My point is that for a strong India better connectivity and economic parity are two extremely important elements. Better connectivity results in more intermingling of cultures and more business, while economic parity and growth makes sure that people remain engaged in more important activities than inventing negative thoughts.

Development of NE states cannot happen without development of West Bengal, Bihar, Eastern UP and Orissa. The Eastern part of India requires regional developed markets and trading centres. I think that the current government has been actively working in this direction, but more needs to be done in this regard.

During last 10 years insurgency in NE has been on decline primarily because the economic activities have increased, and there are lesser number of unemployed youth for the insurgent groups to find to put guns in their hands.

anupamsurey

Country flag
Development of NE states cannot happen without development of West Bengal, Bihar, Eastern UP and Orissa.
the state you mentioned used to get much larger share of funds, it is the Indifferent people and corrupt government which has failed to bring development of region. especially in case of UP and Bihar, our Indian politics depend on these two stated.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

--------------------------------------------------------

just check the comments on the tribune article page....hope those posters join DFI. unke khol diye jaayenge, gyaanchakshu!

Last edited:

aliyah

where is sir zaid hamid ..... we want to hear expert commentary on operation n future :)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Next time whenever such action is planned, our guys need to figure out doing this without giving away any slightest hints of such plan . By that i mean our guys should find a way limit the movement of leadership like doval and suhag to manipur before the surprise attack. There needs to be a relook at this strategy on movement of key-personnel. There might be a possibility that enemy will be alerted by these movements.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Indian army should be kept on high alert in Kashmir.

Pakistanis may try to defame this hot pursuit by Indian Army in Myanmar by carrying out strike in Kashmir and asking to do similar kind of operation against them.
I knew somebody would come up with this fallacy in this thread.
  • The world will approve of everything India does, as long as we have a good reason to show them (and that our actions are a response to something). That's one advantage of Modi's world-tour, Yemen rescue OPs, and Nepal OPs. Tomorrow if India and Pakistan stack up words against each other; the international community will be inclined to spare India (Modi) the benefit of the doubt.
  • Yes, it it likely that some dimwit in Rawalpindi may turn superhero and try to convince his friends to test India's hot-pursuit chest-thumping, with an intent to hurt Modi politically; but that's something for to look forward to, rather than something we should avoid. Pakistan will be giving us a good enough reason to take military action.
  • In testing our hot-pursuit claims, they will be inviting themselves to have their "tactical nuke" bogey tested by the Indians. Pakistan will obviously not be able to sell "India was invading, so we went nuclear" to the world, when our military actions are more sized as surgical strikes, rather than an invasion. So Pakistan would want to avoid being put in that position.
  • Modi is itching to be given a good [and farm-fresh] reason to hit Pakistan, so Pakistan will be forced to ask its lackeys in Kashmir to lay low.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles