Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxy

Country flag
they also had nukes with them on plane :pound:
One small bomb can destroy whole Plane in 10 seconds, if you are aware.

Even with the help of 50 Bullets, 4 people can kill by knife, Set Plane on fire and no one can do jack. All is needed only few minutes.

The plane stayed in Amritsar for very short time too.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
That becomes the ineptitude of the security person on duty not the NDA govt. Though I would not honestly blame the security person either.

Again tell me how did NDA govt make a difference here..What you are talking is a possible dereliction of duty on the part of the Airport security.

Not everyone with a gun is a rambo :frusty:
who is the one calling shots ?govt or airport authority of india?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Actually You just trying your level best to prove something which is next to impossible.

They had bullets. If they needed They had knife also. Might be there would be a bomb which can blast whole plane too in few seconds.

Plane gate was closed. It is not easy to open. There is ladder needed. There is long range window to see. It would take lots of time.

There was no NSG commender there. It takes few hours to reach if needed. Plane stayed for very short time. No one knew that plane will land in Amritsar. Once landed, They tried to stop but it flew. If stopped, then all would be died by Bullets, Knife or whatever.
And you are trying to prove that bjp didn't even have 1% fault.

I wonder what inept govt either congress of bjp would have done in russia theater hostage ? pussyfoot

Galaxy

Country flag
Neither was that fat hijacker a rambo.
They must be well-trained suicide terrorist.

Remember few people killed 200 people in Mumbai with just 3 guns ?? Did they had 200 bullets ?? I suppose thousands and thousands of bullets.

Galaxy

Country flag
And you are trying to prove that bjp didn't even have 1% fault.

I wonder what inept govt either congress of bjp would have done in russia theater hostage ? pussyfoot
This is not about right or wrong.

There was no other option. Read what 200 families were saying, other parties.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Even with the help of 50 Bullets, 4 people can kill by knife, Set Plane on fire and no one can do jack. All is needed only few minutes.

why was it there for short time ?

and they didn't have any bomb....they only had few pistols and few mags.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

really ????was the tangos armed with kerosines to burn the plane which was parked in the runway??8)
coz i dont know any other possibility to burn the plane which is not flying..

KS

Bye bye DFI
who is the one calling shots ?govt or airport authority of india?
It was the Govt. But Govt can be doing what you are suggesting here for the sake of argument. Asking the .303 wielding sentrys to go and commit certain suicide and also instigate the death of the hostages is definite no-no.

The NSG which was supposed to come could not arrive on time and the plane went away. I dont see how the Govt is to be blamed here.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This is not about right or wrong.

There was no other option. Read what 200 families were saying, other parties.
This is exactly about right or wrong. and bjp govt pussyfooted its way out because they let place land in kandahar where nothing could be done.

Galaxy

Country flag
why was it there for short time ?

and they didn't have any bomb....they only had few pistols and few mags.
How do you know they didn't had any bomb or few hundred bullets ?? :frusty:

One can take risk of 200 people based on mere assumption. They must be prepared enough before suicide mission.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Anyway I sense this argument regressing into the usual circular tutu mein mein.

No hope further.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
really ????was the tangos armed with kerosines to burn the plane which was parked in the runway??8)
coz i dont know any other possibility to burn the plane which is not flying..
they could burn the plane by breathing fire like dragons. :p

Galaxy

Country flag
This is exactly about right or wrong. and bjp govt pussyfooted its way out because they let place land in kandahar where nothing could be done.
Blame 200 passengers Familes, 700 M.P. across party line. Government does what M.P. and Public wants.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
karthik and galaxy are trying their best to save poor atal ji?Atalji are you reading these stuff????

Galaxy

Country flag
Meanwhile, we were informed that the pilot of IC 814 had been denied permission to land at Lahore airport. With fuel running low, he was heading for Amritsar. Officials at Raja Sansi Airport were immediately alerted and told to prevent the plane from taking off after it had landed there.

The hijacked plane landed at Amritsar and remained parked on the tarmac for nearly 45 minutes. The hijackers demanded that the aircraft be refuelled. The airport officials ran around like so many headless chickens, totally clueless about what was to be done in a crisis situation.

Desperate calls were made to the officials at Raja Sansi Airport to somehow stall the refuelling and prevent the plane from taking off. The officials just failed to respond with alacrity. At one point, an exasperated Jaswant Singh, if memory serves me right, grabbed the phone and pleaded with an official, "Just drive a heavy vehicle, a fuel truck or a road roller or whatever you have, onto the runway and park it there." But all this was to no avail.

The National Security Guards, whose job it is to deal with hostage situations, were alerted immediately after news first came in of IC 814 being hijacked; they were reportedly asked to stand by for any emergency. The Home Ministry was again alerted when it became obvious that after being denied permission to land at Lahore, the pilot was heading towards Amritsar.

The hijackers, anticipating commando action, first stabbed a passenger, Rupin Katyal (he had gone to Kathmandu with his newly wedded wife for their honeymoon; had they not extended their stay by a couple of days, they wouldn't have been on the ill-fated flight) to show that they meant business, and then forced the pilot to take off from Amritsar. With almost empty fuel tanks, the pilot had no other option but to make another attempt to land at Lahore airport. Once again he was denied permission and all the lights, including those on the runway, were switched off. He nonetheless went ahead and landed at Lahore airport, showing remarkable skill and courage.

Mr Jaswant Singh spoke to the Pakistani Foreign Minister and pleaded with him to prevent the aircraft from taking off again. But the Pakistanis would have nothing of it (they wanted to distance themselves from the hijacking so that they could claim later that there was no Pakistan connection) and wanted IC 814 off their soil and out of their airspace as soon as possible. So, they refuelled the aircraft after which the hijackers forced the pilot to head for Dubai.

At Dubai, too, officials were reluctant to allow the aircraft to land. It required all the persuasive skills of Mr Jaswant Singh and our then Ambassador to UAE, Mr KC Singh, to secure landing permission. There was some negotiation with the hijackers through UAE officials and they allowed 13 women and 11 children to disembark. Rupin Katyal had by then bled to death. His body was offloaded. His widow remained a hostage till the end.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
How do you know they didn't had any bomb or few hundred bullets ?? :frusty:

One can take risk of 200 people based on mere assumption. They must be prepared enough before suicide mission.
no official report says they had bomb. stop trying to invent stuff to defend ineptness of bjp.

show same zeal in bashing ineptness of govt like you do with congress.

Galaxy

Country flag
karthik and galaxy are trying their best to save poor atal ji?Atalji are you reading these stuff????
Does your Kasab, Afzal supporter of Congress reading your stuff ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles