Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontrunner

Country flag
Yeah, I meant no offense at all. I just pointed out how it cane across to me at first glance. I've met a few of these guys as well (veterans mostly). The one thing I gathered from talking to them was that they were very, very professional. And just as intelligent.
Professionalism is what which makes an army distinct from few religious zealots wielding Ak47..

However my post was about the Psychological part of being a SF forces operatives.. which many civies completely scorn off..

Soldiers are after all a normal human .. they live among us nd have a family to love nd a life to live... They are not on a religious mission to achieve something in afterlife..

Their is huge difference between a religious charged zealots kissing death riding high on 72 virgins hash.. killing kuffar waging a holly war... Than to a soldier who has a family.. a life... a reason to live & not to die.. wherein he also would want to make love see his children growing .. living his life to fullest..

Still he wishes to kiss death for the sake of his country... This my freind takes a hell lot of courage nd stern will..

my analogy was limited to this very thought..

Killbot

Country flag
Better than
"oh noooo, where are my comtacs and HK 416, oh look Rwandan SF has high cuts now".

So yeah
No, there is nothing to be gained by conducting an SF op now. Except maybe PR. Army thinks that arty strikes are more effective and less risky for trans LoC ops. Especially considering how effective they were on Oct 17-18 2019. If the political brass had the balls to conduct an op over 50km from LoC, SF or Airforce will probably come to play.

MuzzleVelocity

Going back to my previous question, would a cross border op work in this case?

The artillery to and fro has achieved nothing to be very honest, except attrition and some body count here and there. Would a hot pursuit like Ops, specifically targeting border facilities work better as an intimidation tactic.

HawkisRight

Country flag

The artillery to and fro has achieved nothing to be very honest, except attrition and some body count here and there. Would a hot pursuit like Ops, specifically targeting border facilities work better as an intimidation tactic.
I still believe these paki adventures are perfect time for IA to invest in Drone warfare and go Full on Drone Assault on paki Posts..cross border ops are ok but focus should be on Uav,Ucav warfare from now on...Drones can be cheap and low risk force multiplyers for IA in such ops And benefits are total visual confirmation with greater enemy casualties...We all know what happened in Karabakh conflict..IA should now invest lot in private industry drone ecosystem

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Artillery strikes can get the desired effect if you choose your target properly. Right now, our artillery strikes are part of fire assaults, is only for retaliation of Paki shelling. Our targets include their bunkers, pill boxes, sangars, watch towers, gun positions, ammunition dump etc. As a result some low level abduls dies, whose inherent value to them is nothing more than canon fodder. Even surgical strike had only a temporary effect, as we wanted to just sent a message. Hence, we choose low level expendable terrorists in launchpads, not any high ranking ones.

However, to have a desired effect we need to target command and control centres, admistrative headquarters, radar & sam sites etc. Also these strikes should occur frequently and proactively, not as a reactionary measure. However, we don't do that to avoid escalation. Also, high profile Israeli style assassination of High value targets by RAW operatives inside pakiland can also bring some positive effects.

Last edited:

Killbot

Country flag

Yes, it would 'work'. In a tactical context, a cross border Search and Destroy operation on a terror launchpad would be a victory. But it wouldn't achieve deterrence. It hasn't in the past, so why would it now? And such an operation does not warrant the use of SF. A targeted artillery strike(s) would be much less risky as well.

But training militia as proxies across LoC to engage the porks and using them for intelligence to launch SOF ops on specific targets like training centers, eliminating terror leadership, ops against their local military leadership would do much better.

Killbot

Country flag
I still believe these paki adventures are perfect time for IA to invest in Drone warfare and go Full on Drone Assault on paki Posts..cross border ops are ok but focus should be on Uav,Ucav warfare from now on...Drones can be cheap and low risk force multiplyers for IA in such ops And benefits are total visual confirmation with greater enemy casualties...We all know what happened in Karabakh conflict..IA should now invest lot in private industry drone ecosystem
Guided artillery can handle trans LoC strikes. Much, much cheaper.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Counter responses for incidents like this usually are handled at the tactical level.

there could be a SF response but it will be limited in nature and unlikely to be publicised

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
They got shafted in d end..there were rumours at dat time(not sure how true) that cartel got d revenge by killing officer involved in d Raid
That’s the idea. Why do you think the cartels still exist down there? U really think they can hold that much power against a properly trained military? It’s similar to the ISIS saga. There’s always a hidden hand supplying/arming/covering them. Covert operations to the core.

HawkisRight

Country flag
Guided artillery can handle trans LoC strikes. Much, much cheaper.
Ya but that's d point Arty won't get u d no. In casualties Ucav gives..IA has to up d drone game and no best place other than to test on abduls

Killbot

Country flag
Ya but that's d point Arty won't get u d no. In casualties Ucav gives..IA has to up d drone game and no best place other than to test on abduls
Whoever said we were going to fire just one artillery shell. And a UCAV is too expensive for a mission like a trans LoC operation. An ISR UAV can be used to ID target. But a UCAV is too overkill. If it requires more firepower than an artillery strike, then you will need something like SPICE 2000 or a cruise missile. Or just even more artillery can do the job.

HawkisRight

Country flag
Whoever said we were going to fire just one artillery shell. And a UCAV is too expensive for a mission like a trans LoC operation. An ISR UAV can be used to ID target. But a UCAV is too overkill. If it requires more firepower than an artillery strike, then you will need something like SPICE 2000 or a cruise missile. Or just even more artillery can do the job.
Nah man U r taking it in different sense..Arty is all good but it won't give d devastation of loitering munitions and also IA have to test loitering ammo some place so why not go pro active on LoC before Porks up their game wid help of Ertrugral frands..arty is being is used since ages but infiltration hasn't stopped..cruise missile is actually overkill but swarm drones can be middle ground

Killbot

Country flag
Nah man U r taking it in different sense..Arty is all good but it won't give d devastation of loitering munitions and IA need have to test loitering ammo some place so why not go pro active on LoC before Porks up their game wid help of Ertrugral frands..arty is being is used since ages but infiltration hasn't stopped
Infiltration won't stop for anything short of a bomb on top of Pak army General HQ, Rawalpindi. Using loitering munitions (cheap suicide drones) may be a good idea, but guided artillery works just as well. As far as testing goes, I agree. It'll validate their effectiveness in contested airspace. Otherwise, UCAVs (like an armed version of Rustom 2) are just too expensive. And risky, considering the contested airspace. Just increase the volume of artillery if the damage done is insufficient. It doesn't even need to be guided. No loitering munitions gets as cheap as unguided artillery.

Killbot

Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles