Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Any operational difference between the NG-7 & Mk.48 ..I am asking because it would be a similar platform between the forces, muscle memory and all.
Negev 7 would have been better than Mk48 as its lighter.SF selecting its just because its common among other SFs. Otherwise Negevs are slightly better considering the folding stock and semi auto capability for long ranges which Mk48 lacks.

12arya

Country flag

guys & girls, plz donate(those who can), support and share the links so that they can generate more funds to help our heroes. thanks.

abingdonboy

Country flag
do we have these kinds of facilities here in india?
This post seems to hate got some riled up which is just a distraction to the fact that no Indians military units have anything like that

NSG have some pretty advanced indoor training facilities, probably not quite on this scale yet. SPG is said to have some pretty bada$$ training sites also

avknight1408

Country flag
SPG is said to have some pretty bada$$ training sites also
While looking at something else in Maps I came across a location belonging to SPG. Seems mostly like a residential quarters for the personnel. But it also has a ground with a track and some other facilities. The campus even has a KV school!

Rohan Naik

Country flag
This post seems to hate got some riled up which is just a distraction to the fact that no Indians military units have anything like that

NSG have some pretty advanced indoor training facilities, probably not quite on this scale yet. SPG is said to have some pretty bada$$ training sites also
I will probably wait until I turn 60 to see us having something like this. Why can't we be forward looking vision and enjoy the rear view? 🙄😫

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

SPG do have their own state of art training facility for quite some time.Earlier it was done at some Capf camp in Manesar.
Their training is only for one month.But they do have the 5 day sleep deprivation test just like other SFs have. Earlier it used to be of 3 days.

mupper

Country flag
Negev 7 would have been better than Mk48 as its lighter.SF selecting its just because its common among other SFs. Otherwise Negevs are slightly better considering the folding stock and semi auto capability for long ranges which Mk48 lacks.
If you're using your LMG for semi auto mid/LR fire something has gone tits up....a good gunner can do it by skill without adding the extra complication of a mechanical system.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I will probably wait until I turn 60 to see us having something like this. Why can't we be forward looking vision and enjoy the rear view? 🙄😫
Dekh bhai...for any sort of change there has to be someone educated in the right courses to implement it.

Army is like babugiri only where to impress your bosses there is not much margin for innovation plus the sorta attitude of Behenchod mereko batayega mein tera senior hu.

With this attitude nothing progresses.In the US Army even a havaldar has a right and an opinion.

In our corporate culture also good companies value opinions rather than heirarchy.

What astonishes me is that in so many years of conflict we did not develop our own shooting drills which are effective and we havent even been able to develop something as basic as a ballistic shield.

Which tells me there is something terribly wrong with the management.

The SF that many patriots put down for fun in this thread like French,NZ,Geman etc calling them Gucci forces will give a run for their money to any Indian SF in any drill they choose.

French SF have been conducting ops in Africa we can only dream of.

But we are lucky we are surrounded by equally if not more incapable SF in our region when it comes to modernization with age.

ManhattanProject

Country flag

The SPG is so secretive man, i am dying to see what they carry.

mupper

Country flag
the semi auto is for better zero.
Kinda weird that no one else goes that route though?

Edit just checked IWI and they go for
Unique semi-auto firing mode that enables accurate and controlled fire for CQB plus full-auto capability for maximum fire power

I don't know about that...

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Kinda weird that no one else goes that route though?

Edit just checked IWI and they go for

I don't know about that...
well i heard it from Larry Vikers so take it or leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles