Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
The last pic of the lost team

Now see what these guys were up against, this isn’t a game for the light hearted, this isn’t something just anyone could do.

such is the game of life, things happen.
Where did you get this from?....................

Willy3

Country flag
Man, you know what, we will be killing Terrorists and many of the time getting killed by them. Because they are sent to die here. In their beliefs if they killed a Kafir they are a ghazi, if got killed by Kafir, then jannat. They are radicalized insanely and hundreds of thousands of such youth can in found in South Punjab like Bahalwalpur, narowal. What we need to do is to beat them psychologically. We need to let them know that if they are killed by us, they aren't going to be in Jannat. We should kill them and burn their bodies or maybe use pig blood against them. It will save dragmula cemetery!
I am thinking , is't hard enough for these handler to brainwash them in thinking that they would go to jannat anyway whatever we do to their body?

I mean, NATO , USA fighting war in Afghanistan for decades and they are blasting and roastic their bodies off with their thermobaric weapons , but Taliban have no shortage of headless zombies

Pakjabi elites have no shortage of aimless, oportunity less inbred youth in their country , and they can change the book the way the want to suit their warfare

Willy3

Country flag
The last pic of the lost team

Now see what these guys were up against, this isn’t a game for the light hearted, this isn’t something just anyone could do.

such is the game of life, things happen.
This photo is do depressing, in that time I was whining in my job as why I have to do public service when almost whole world is in quarantine and here our brothers going to their death

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I was thinking about it all day and i am not happy..two things i thought about..

1.What if these were really well trained operators and it was a controlled explosion of some sort by the BAT?..that resulted in their fall

2.It is a good time to put Ghataks on par or almost on par with Para regulars in terms of training for jointness so they can join Para for these ops.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I was thinking about it all day and i am not happy..two things i thought about..

1.What if these were really well trained operators and it was a controlled explosion of some sort by the BAT?..that resulted in their fall
Could very well be. Or maybe just the lead scout fell down at first and the tangos held fire till the others rushed in to check on him and then hosed them down with automatic fire. Either way, it's just too depressing.
2.It is a good time to put Ghataks on par or almost on par with Para regulars in terms of training for jointness so they can join Para for these ops.
With only a single platoon within a battalion, I don't think there would be enough Ghatak troopers to go round in any given sector at any given time. In my opinion, they have to be concentrated into a separate brigade-sized formation, something along the line of the 75th RR.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Which sector is downhill of shamshabari range, Kupwara or Keran or none?

JBH22

You will need to give forces actual combat experience and unfortunately casualties will occur. Russians rotated MVD, FSB, Army forces in Caucasus region and all these agencies paid a heavy price.

In this situation giving Pakistan more casualties is the answer. You hit us we hit you with all our mortar arty guns or even MLRS. You rain shells on their positions.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Where did you get this from?....................
Vishnu Som
This photo is do depressing, in that time I was whining in my job as why I have to do public service when almost whole world is in quarantine and here our brothers going to their death
saving this pic....heartbreaking.
Heartbreaking yes but awe inspiring too- I couldn’t walk even 20 metres in these conditions and here are these guys trekking along with full packs, a full battle load and their rifles to go fight an unknown enemy.

It’s utterly remarkable that such men even exist

I know ghataks have been attached to SF teams in the past but I don’t think this is commonplace and it would take a shift in doctrine for this to become the norm. As it stands Ghatak numbers aren’t sufficient to have them used in this role on a continuous basis.

as for the trap element, I wouldn’t put it past them- Paki BAT are known to do these sorts of things and have a long history of it.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Anyone can tell if rotor ucav with flir/thermal camera can do like a search and destroy mission.
Is there such kind of drone?
Why do you need a drone? Just send in a few Rudras, their FLIR will be able to spot heat signatures and their 20mm canons will tear these pigs to bits.

This is something that is really bothering me now- I understand why India’s COIN/CT doctrine rules out using AirPower in the mainland and especially in urban settings but why can’t they declare the LoC and 500m or so back from it a free fire zone? Have the security forces wear IR designators and anyone not showing up with one get lit up by prowling Rudras or LCH. Where’s the collateral damage risk there?

in this situation it might not have helped as the weather may have prevented aerial operations and the enemy was dug in but going forward? Already UAVs are spotting groups of infiltrators, why call up SFs, why not just dispatch an armed helo?

I’m really racking my brains and trying to think why this couldn’t be done.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why do you need a drone? Just send in a few Rudras, their FLIR will be able to spot heat signatures and their 20mm canons will tear these pigs to bits.

This is something that is really bothering me now- I understand why India’s COIN/CT doctrine rules out using AirPower in the mainland and especially in urban settings but why can’t they declare the LoC and 500m or so back from it a free fire zone? Have the security forces wear IR designators and anyone not showing up with one get lit up by prowling Rudras or LCH. Where’s the collateral damage risk there?

in this situation it might not have helped as the weather may have prevented aerial operations and the enemy was dug in but going forward? Already UAVs are spotting groups of infiltrators, why call up SFs, why not just dispatch an armed helo?

I’m really racking my brains and trying to think why this couldn’t be done.
Go ask @Bhadra ji. ....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles