Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
While looking into this kit, I may have stumbled across one of the key domestic suppliers to NSG (and many other units including armed forces SFs, Force One etc.) - Battle Gear Technologies:

https://www.battlegeartech.com/

A in the list above probably corresponds to the "MP5 Lightning Tactical Vest", one of the products sold by Battlegear:

https://www.battlegeartech.com/tactical-vests/ (scroll down)

This company also sells most of the other stuff mentioned in the list as well, even E which at first glance I thought was meant to mean something along the lines of Crye Precision G3 (that's the go-to for tactical clothing with internal/slide-in knee/elbow pads) or an off-brand equivalent of it. And I was right - it seems Battlegear sells an equivalent of Crye G3 with slide-in pads:

https://www.battlegeartech.com/combat-shirts-pants/

And yes, its also available in Black @abingdonboy :smile:

Coming to the company itself, it's definitely an India-based company with a Mumbai address, however some of their products are labelled "Made in USA", so its quite obvious they are only a local distributor for stuff acquired from various foreign OEMs, (not just US, could be mostly Chinese-made) not a manufacturer in of themselves.

Many of their stuff are also listed on Indiamart for potential bulk orders, too.

@Unknowncommando 2

P.S. -

View attachment 43044
Good find!

Seems every item on the list can be found from this place. And I'm 100% sure NSG have been seen with stuff from them before.

It's not just American stuff they have but Israeli, Indian etc. They are a one top solution for most tactical equipment.

This tender is basically just reading from their brochure

indiatester

Country flag
Technology is not Indian ---- despite all the BS.
Why... whats with this sh!t posting? I design and develop a lot of advanced systems and we work in an ecosystem where procuring something from the market is far more cost effective.
If you feel strongly that it can be improved, do make use of the opportunity and start it.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Why... whats with this sh!t posting? I design and develop a lot of advanced systems and we work in an ecosystem where procuring something from the market is far more cost effective.
If you feel strongly that it can be improved, do make use of the opportunity and start it.
Designing is different from manufacturing ---- many Indians design chip's from 22nm scale to 14nm & less ---- but most manufacturing of those chips don't happen in India ---- ultimate strength of nation is on what it can do or achieve on its own ---- not relying or passing foreign maal as there own.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
I will be starting a thread on some serious topic in this forum soon ---- topic will cover wide range of topic which hamper or plague India ---- some topic I like to discuss ---- like does brain size matter? --- hot tropic climatic conditions causing stagnation or lower level of development in countries like India & Brazil---- what can be done to change all that ---- how to build scientific temper & innovative society.

indiatester

Country flag
Designing is different from manufacturing ---- many Indians design chip's from 22nm scale to 14nm & less ---- but most manufacturing of those chips don't happen in India ---- ultimate strength of nation is on what it can do or achieve on its own ---- not relying or passing foreign maal as there own.
I hope you know the amount of investment that needs to be committed towards it. Till we find it cost effective, we will buy it and develop over it.
That provides an incentive to may be setup those foundries here assuming we have enough scale. You can't delay incremental development waiting to start from scratch.
This company is actually improving the scene. You can dream for more, but dismissing them negatively because of systemic issues is not fair.

Gessler

Country flag
No it's not cool ---- it's make you vulnerable.
As of now only alternative is to buy entire system from abroad.

So I'll take this thank you.

When we start fabricating chips less than 14nm in large scale (not something you can set up just for NVGs, it requires huge economies of scale and single fab contribute to varying product lines), let me know and Tonbo or any local company be more than happy to switch to them.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
I hope you know the amount of investment that needs to be committed towards it. Till we find it cost effective, we will buy it and develop over it.
That provides an incentive to may be setup those foundries here assuming we have enough scale. You can't delay incremental development waiting to start from scratch.
This company is actually improving the scene. You can dream for more, but dismissing them negatively because of systemic issues is not fair.
You are buying from abroad & passing foreign maal as your own --- which mean you do not have the technological know how to build things on your own ---- most of these manufacturing techniques are trade secret --- people talk about Japan being stagnate --- despite realising that Japan is still leader in many core technologies ----- lithography machine used in all semiconductor industry still come from Germans sitting in Netherland --- Tonbo tech comes from abroad --- it's basically Sarnoff SRI screw driving by Indians.
As of now only alternative is to buy entire system from abroad.

So I'll take this thank you.

When we start fabricating chips less than 14nm in large scale (not something you can set up just for NVGs, it requires huge economies of scale and single fab contribute to varying product lines), let me know and Tonbo or any local company be more than happy to switch to them.
You need huge investment cause you don't have technological know how ---- if you can build technologies to build machinery which goes into fabrication on your own you do not need such huge investment ---- What happen to Swadeshi or it comes only when one need to win elections.

Gessler

Country flag
You need huge investment cause you don't have technological know how ---- if you can build technologies to build machinery which goes into fabrication on your own you do not need such huge investment ---- What happen to Swadeshi or it comes only when one need to win elections.
We have neither the know-how nor the investment.

So what we should do till the time we do have them? Sit with our hands folded?

Embraer or Brazil doesn't know how to make the most critical part of aircraft - the aero engine. So what should they do, close down their business until they can make the engines or continue to work & earn money for themselves and for country?

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

==============================
What an eye opening interview ! Poor guys from Tonbo had to sell to US and other armies to 'convince' our babus and gernails that they're good enough. Such a shame !

south block

up your a**
Country flag
We have neither the know-how nor the investment.

So what we should do till the time we do have them? Sit with our hands folded?

Embraer or Brazil doesn't know how to make the most critical part of aircraft - the aero engine. So what should they do, close down their business until they can make the engines or continue to work & earn money for themselves and for country?
May be we need to start living within our means until we have something critical to bargain which others don't.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
No it's not cool ---- it's make you vulnerable.
Well it depends on two things -
Yes it makes us vulnerable. But it depends on two things first can that company or
Factory if it is located in india and they can be forced to work even if their foreign partner is not agreeing that is okay. For example if it is tonbo hold the rights to the technology which is from US and can mass produce it then it is cool. Same with OFB board AK-203 manufacturing the reason because of which army went on with INSAS or didn't wanted a army which is totally based on foreign imported rifle which is cheaper to buy because it leaves a strategic disadvantage in case of war.

This is the reason why government ask certain amount of TOT from the foreign manufacturers and some local tie ups to keep the jet or helicopters working.
AL-31FP india can easily overhaul or fix it in case of war because of TOT which we received the same thing cannot be said for GE-404 which have to be exported all the way To US if it needs some maintenance.

Anyways foreign dependency have several disadvantages for example how our total sea king fleet was technically useless because of sanctions from US in 1999 Kargil war.

Last edited:

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Good.

We can't make aero engines. Let's disband the Air Force.

We can't make marine engines either. Disband the Navy.

:facepalm:
Well it depends on two things -
Yes it makes us vulnerable. But it depends on two things first can that company or
Factory if it is located in india and they can be forced to work even if their foreign partner is not agreeing that is okay. For example if it is tonbo hold the rights to the technology which is from US and can mass produce it then it is cool. Same with OFB board AK-203 manufacturing the reason because of which army went on with INSAS or didn't wanted a army which is totally based on foreign imported rifle which is cheaper to buy because it leaves a strategic disadvantage in case of war.

This is the reason why government ask certain amount of TOT from the foreign manufacturers and some local tie ups to keep the jet or helicopters working.
AL-31FP india can easily overhaul or fix it in case of war because of TOT which we received the same thing cannot be said for GE-404 which have to be exported all the way To US if it needs some maintenance.

Anyways foreign dependency have several disadvantages for example how our total sea king fleet was technically useless because of sanctions from US in 1999 Kargil war.
so you are basically saying what I am saying for quite some time in this forum --- if screw driving is the criteria to get contract than OFB should do it period --- thanks for agreeing with me ---- in long run we need to keep supporting domestic PSU & state enterprise not chetoos sellers.

Spindrift

in long run we need to keep supporting domestic PSU & state enterprise not chetoos sellers.
State run enterprises have been supported since independence, but they have failed to innovate and add value. If one takes OFB as an example it becomes evident, they are not even capable of coming up with an ingeniously designed, decent and reliable hand gun.
Secondly, the government needs to support private enterprise that innovates and add value and not the likes of Ambani and Adani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles