Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Nowadays a lot of people out there to defame the Army. I dont want friendly fire incidents to become some way of beating up Army.
I understand your concern.But friendly fire is a reality of war.Mistakes do happen.Reminds me of a funny incident i was involved in..

As you all know i am from Jammu and Kashmir and that too near the LOC.

It was early 2000s and i was in my early teens and had gone for a wedding of my cousin.Belonging to Army background and my village and district involved in a lot of hindu assasinated for ethinic cleansing we had to be really careful as in those days terrorists were still strong.

So one fine day i went to the local STD/PCO to call my friends and ask what has been going on in the school.As i entered the booth and took a seat i saw 4 tall guys with long beards enter the place.

Their beards were long.Clothes were exactly how local muslims dressed,faces had no emotion and were carrying AKs.

They stood there for some time and i said to myself OMG are these terrorists here for area domination of a small place or are they in a relation with the woman running the place.

No prizes for guessing i was shit scared and thought if they leave me alive i am gonna call my dad and pass on the intel.:biggrin2:
It was my turn for helping our Army and nation.LOL.

It was right after the incident of Kaluchak attacks and i had lost few friends.So all these feelings were also coming up from here.

Finally, few minutes later the group leader entered with even a longer beard and pathan suit but was having a hindu temple tilak and took the guys out saying they should not stay here for a long time.

This brought a doubt in my mind and when they left i asked the woman who they were.She said these are fauji bhais and they came to call their family.

Out of the relief i laughed and said i thought they were terrorists.She said i am happy you cleared your doubts as being from a small village if you went to tell people that terrorists visit my shop they would think i have a bad character.

Anyway,funny how life is.Things are not how they seem.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Friendly fire incidents are unfortunate reality of warfare. Even americans have faced it in Afghanistan/Iraq. This type of incidents can be brought down to a great extent by use of IFF technologies in Army which are common in fighter planes.
But friendly fire incidents especially occurs when an undercover operartion is being pursued in our own territory like to one that is narrated.

Hindustani78

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...ted-by-cisf/story-ICudLcbiWMEiAw3Z6b5yvN.html

While the CISF has conducted preliminary meetings with 22 schools and institutions, two approved the proposal and CISF will start the audit by first week of January.

india Updated: Dec 27, 2017 22:57 IST
Hindustan Times

Sources said that prominent schools carry out a security audit by private companies, which cost Rs 20 lakh while CISF offers the same service for Rs 4-5 lakh.(AFP File Photo)

• Two prominent schools in Kolkata will be the first to be audited by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) in a bid to improve security on school campuses.

Following the murder of seven-year-old Pradyuman Thakur at a Gurgaon school, the CISF had written to various schools last month offering them consultancy services for a security audit.

While the CISF has conducted preliminary meetings with 22 schools and institutions, two approved the proposal and CISF will start the audit by first week of January.

The force, which is responsible for the security of important installations across country, also offers consultancy services, where they visit the installation and suggest measures to improve security. It has done consultancy for all the IITs and IIMs.

“We had written to individual schools as well as foundation that run many schools informing about the service we offer. The response has been pretty good. La Martiniere and St Xavier in Kolkata have accepted the proposal while others are in the pipeline. We would be happy to contribute for making school safer,” said OP Singh, director general of the CISF.

Sources said that prominent schools carry out a security audit by private companies, which cost Rs 20 lakh while CISF offers the same service for Rs 4-5 lakh.

The force has 130 trained consultants who visit the installation and offer their suggestions.

The force has so far offered consultancy to 197 installations. It receives 4-5 requests every month and accepts each request on a priority and sensitivity basis. It recommends location of CCTV cameras, how to secure entry points and identify vulnerable points. It also offers training to private guards

Vorschlaghammer

Country flag
I see pics of our SF operators using mostly 1x red dot and holographic sights, why the lack of ACOG style magnified, crosshair reticle optics ?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
View attachment 22225
NSG Commando carrying IWI X95
Not standardized but kept in the armoury for special missions. They also FN P90 , FN F2000 , Steyr Aug , M4 , M16.
Though IDF has started using it due to it's reliability and ease of handling,it's having lot of accuracy issues.Many civilian users compare it's accuracy with that of an AKM.

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Thanks, I think academy badges are worn by instructors during tenures with the academy and not worn later. I never see the Commando dagger worn by personnel in the field for example. But then sometimes it is worn? :confused1:

Stupid question, What does the commando dagger represent ? I thought commandos had the Balidan Badge.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Thanks, I think academy badges are worn by instructors during tenures with the academy and not worn later. I never see the Commando dagger worn by personnel in the field for example. But then sometimes it is worn? :confused1:

It is worn later only if you had got the instructors grade during the course.And in this case you can be called later to become an instructor.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Stupid question, What does the commando dagger represent ? I thought commandos had the Balidan Badge.
Not a stupid question at all buddy.

The balidan badge is for special forces.

The commando dagger is given to the best student in the Infantry school who later on go to become instructors there.

Example Gen Bikram Singh,Gen V K Singh.

aditya g

Country flag
Not a stupid question at all buddy.

The balidan badge is for special forces.

The commando dagger is given to the best student in the Infantry school who later on go to become instructors there.

Example Gen Bikram Singh,Gen V K Singh.
AFAIK the commando dagger is awarded at the Junior Leaders Wing, Belgaum aka the famous Commando Course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles