Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
So,one Para unit in Tezpur Corp and the new ITBP airborne units have come up to reduce the burden on SFF against China.(21 is already there)

I am very happy to see this development of Indian men and women taking up responsibilities instead of foreigners who could turn up against us.

People sitting at responsible positions are taking right decisions.

aditya g

Country flag
So,one Para unit in Tezpur Corp and the new ITBP airborne units have come up to reduce the burden on SFF against China.(21 is already there)

I am very happy to see this development of Indian men and women taking up responsibilities instead of foreigners who could turn up against us.

ITBP paratroopers? Its one thing to raise more ITBP units to guard the border but to replicate capabilities in multiple places, which in any case are rarely used is a waste of resources. Para troopers are an expensive body of troops which requires expensive training. The BSF can barely ensure its Air Wing works, but now you also have a paratrooper unit raised by CAPFs.

If it ever comes to a situation where a para drop is required there are enough SFF troops going around to call in.

Unfortunately people at the top are more interested in increasing the size of their empires.

If at all a rapid intervention capability was required, SHBO training was more than enough.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
ITBP paratroopers? Its one thing to raise more ITBP units to guard the border but to replicate capabilities in multiple places, which in any case are rarely used is a waste of resources. Para troopers are an expensive body of troops which requires expensive training. The BSF can barely ensure its Air Wing works, but now you also have a paratrooper unit raised by CAPFs.

If it ever comes to a situation where a para drop is required there are enough SFF troops going around to call in.

Unfortunately people at the top are more interested in increasing the size of their empires.

If at all a rapid intervention capability was required, SHBO training was more than enough.
BSF air wing was a stupid idea to get its own aircraft not realizing how aviation works and what cost of maintenance is!

ITBP in Chinese theatre is supposed to do what BSF does on Pakistani theatre.ITBP is a very capable CAPF right at the top i will add.ITBP regularly does naxal ops too.

These are just airborne troops and not a Special Force.Incase of a war with China we might need them considering the terrain we have.Our road coverage is really bad in the North East and Himalayan region.So such troops can be deployed at a short notice.

SFF or the two Para Units can easily be taken out by artillery or air raid if the intel is good.For Pakistan we have 6 SF units and 3 regular Para units.Chinese Army is only bigger and more capable.

Lastly,i have no problem with expansion of airborne troops.

In the eastern theatre it will be Army Ghataks,2 Para units which is 1000 operators and SFF and incase of a long war i am worried there is no backup to defend or hold enemy aggressive formations.

So,this new development will only help the Army.

Para has 10,000 operators and still is stretched too much because of the problems we are in.How can we argue about the numbers here?

aditya g

Country flag
Airborne troops by nature are for offensive operations. To guard the Himalayan frontier we could do with more regular ITBP battalions rather than paratroopers. If the intention is a rapid deployment capability, then a SHBO training should suffice.

If the situ is really bad, then I am not sure if IAF will even have assets to spare to support these guys.

I fully support CAPFs but not to create mini-Armies.

BSF air wing was a stupid idea to get its own aircraft not realizing how aviation works and what cost of maintenance is!

ITBP in Chinese theatre is supposed to do what BSF does on Pakistani theatre.ITBP is a very capable CAPF right at the top i will add.ITBP regularly does naxal ops too.

These are just airborne troops and not a Special Force.Incase of a war with China we might need them considering the terrain we have.Our road coverage is really bad in the North East and Himalayan region.So such troops can be deployed at a short notice.

SFF or the two Para Units can easily be taken out by artillery or air raid if the intel is good.For Pakistan we have 6 SF units and 3 regular Para units.Chinese Army is only bigger and more capable.

In the eastern theatre it will be Army Ghataks,2 Para units which is 1000 operators and SFF and incase of a long war i am worried there is no backup to defend or hold enemy aggressive formations.

Para has 10,000 operators and still is stretched too much because of the problems we are in.How can we argue about the numbers here?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Airborne troops by nature are for offensive operations. To guard the Himalayan frontier we could do with more regular ITBP battalions rather than paratroopers. If the intention is a rapid deployment capability, then a SHBO training should suffice.

If the situ is really bad, then I am not sure if IAF will even have assets to spare to support these guys.

I fully support CAPFs but not to create mini-Armies.
In defensive ops you have to sometimes be in the offensive also.If your area is going to be attacked by 1000 troops will you wait for them to come or will you drop some troops in a point of advantage to cut off their route?

Secondly,helicopters can easily be taken out by a heavy machine gun and Kargil war is an example what missiles can do to helicopters.

You could do with more ITBP troops if our roads connected each and every location on the Himalayan range.Some of the places which if attacked will take days to just reach!

Willy2

how the bold part is related to the rest of the post ?

sthf

Country flag
ITBP AIRBORNE UNIT
I suppose these are the "policemen" providing security to Indian construction workers in Afghanistan.

As far as Eastern sector is concerned, they know the terrain as well as one could, are the best trained and equipped CAPFs in India. Some small airborne or scout units which can guide newly inducted Army units in times of war don't hurt but replicating capabilities might.

PS: Those "foreigners" have done more for India than 99% of Indians.

pmaitra

Can we please put an end to this soldier/policeman debate?

A bullet will kill, doesn't matter whether the target is a soldier or policeman.

All the "police" designation has to do with international compliance. De jure, BSF, CRPF, ITBP, etc., are policemen, but de facto, they are soldiers.

When terrorism started in J&K in 1989, most of the COIN in J&K was done by JKP and BSF, and they were facing a much bigger challenge (1) lack of experience, (2) battle hardened combatants and veterans of the Soviet-Mujahideen War, (3) FN-FAL rifles good for marksmanship but not so good for COIN.

Coming to RR, it is a branch of the Army, and is under the Ministry of Defence, however, funding was provided (or owed) by the Ministry of Home Affairs to the Ministry of Defence.

These are all semantics. When it comes to COIN, the bottom line is same - whether one calls them "policemen" or "soldiers," they face the same challenges.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I suppose these are the "policemen" providing security to Indian construction workers in Afghanistan.

As far as Eastern sector is concerned, they know the terrain as well as one could, are the best trained and equipped CAPFs in India. Some small airborne or scout units which can guide newly inducted Army units in times of war don't hurt but replicating capabilities might.

PS: Those "foreigners" have done more for India than 99% of Indians.
If you think only the people who carry a gun are doing something for the country then tell me how much tax do these people pay?

And dont give them too much credit for being part of just 1 war.Its not a big deal.

If we want we can raise a baloch army in a matter of months.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
how the bold part is related to the rest of the post ?
I belive and many european and north american countries also dont let refugees or migrated class serve in a job of great security clearence.Because the loyalty of such people changes with evolving situation.

reddevil9

शत्रुजीत

{3 SF units (11, 12 and 21). and 1 commando unit of SFF (1st archers, "Para Gurkhas")} following units encompass our special operations capabilities on the eastern front+ the SFF which act as an airborne unit and are support for the above mentioned units ....... Also don't forget the 50th independent.

sthf

Country flag
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR What a fucking absurd thing to say but please allow me dismantle your arguments one at a time.

Since SFF members are govt. employees I would say vast majority of them are paying direct tax as against 4-5% of Indians. I pay tax too but I don't risk getting shot to earn my money.

"Just 1 war", it's not a bloody world cup that happens every 4 years. For the record, SFF distinguished themselves in 71, Kargil and have a permanent presence in Siachen.

"Baloch Army" to do what?

They are grateful that India gave them shelter and I am grateful that they returned the favour by fighting our wars.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Since ITBP is the first respondent to Chinese PLA agression it is imperative to arm them to the teeth.Raising airborne troops is the first step but they should also be provided with transport aircraft and helicopter. It would be best if BSF air wing is rebranded as MHA air force so that it can take care of all of paramilitary forces like: BSF,ITBP,CRPF,SSB. Also ITBP like BSF should be equipped with 155 mm artillery like Kalyani 155*39 ULH in large numbers besides mortars to improve their offesive power.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR What a fucking absurd thing to say but please allow me dismantle your arguments one at a time.

Since SFF members are govt. employees I would say vast majority of them are paying direct tax as against 4-5% of Indians. I pay tax too but I don't risk getting shot to earn my money.

"Just 1 war", it's not a bloody world cup that happens every 4 years. For the record, SFF distinguished themselves in 71, Kargil and have a permanent presence in Siachen.

"Baloch Army" to do what?

They are grateful that India gave them shelter and I am grateful that they returned the favour by fighting our wars.
The only absurd ones are people like you with no fucking knowledge except a few things military.

Tibetans DO NOT pay any tax except VAT.They do not pay INCOME TAX!!

You are talking like what a big favor have they done for us.We are providing them salary.Its not for free.

Gurkhas from Nepal are also doing the same job.

In return some of the Tibetans have become Indian citizens and are masters of drug trade and smuggling goods.

What a fucking hypocrite bunch of idiots...Big problem with Rohingyas and no problem with Tibetans.

I would any day make a Indian hindu,muslim,sikh,christian,woman or man more useful for the country rather than hiring foreigners who can change their loyalties.

But thats ME not YOU!

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Oh holy SFF!!The holiest of all.The best of the best SF!!

The scandal involves the nearly 500 female personnel of the SFF, all of Tibetan origin, who have been reduced to the position of sex objects and whose presence has turned the SFF headquarters at Chakrata, north of Dehra Dun, into more of a brothel than the nerve centre of a top secret organisation.
This is the operational readiness which once every 10 pages some morons come to worship as the elitest of the elite.

READ THIS:-

Security Risks: The above instances are just a few of the many cases involving personnel of the SFF that have, apart from affecting the operational efficiency of the organisation, exposed the SFF to serious security risks. According to authentic information, no less than 63 of the organisation's female complacement have been discharged from the service on moral grounds during the past five years.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...s-involved-in-messy-sex-scandal/1/401610.html

If it was any other unit of the IA it would have been disbanded long time ago for such immoral behavior

P.S-i tried my best to not mention this in the last 6 months.But the discussion and my point can only be proven by using this article.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
{3 SF units (11, 12 and 21). and 1 commando unit of SFF (1st archers, "Para Gurkhas")} following units encompass our special operations capabilities on the eastern front+ the SFF which act as an airborne unit and are support for the above mentioned units ....... Also don't forget the 50th independent.
Do 11 and 12 Para both exist?

I had a doubt that only one of them exist and its based in Tezpur.

sthf

Country flag
The only absurd ones are people like you with no fucking knowledge except a few things military.
Yes, I am sure you are the one who taught warfare to Moltke the elder. Stop wasting my fucking time.

Tibetans DO NOT pay any tax except VAT.They do not pay INCOME TAX!!
Would you like to share a source or do I need to visit Helmuth's grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles