Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kchontha

Country flag
Some of the state police commando forces or anti terrorist squads that were raised after Mumbai terror attack adorn quite similar dress with elite black cat/NSG commandos. In the past Marcos had also dressed quite similar to NSG commando but again that was changed to American marine style dress. This create a lot of confusion to the general public and inexperienced media person.

Bahamut

abingdonboy

Country flag
AW 101 won due to bribery and hence the deal was canceled and the Chopper were returned and India got its money back.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_...tion_of_the_contract_by_the_Indian_Government
1) The bribery has STILL not been proven
2) The AW-101 is BY FAR the best platform for the job- ti was even selected to fly the President of America
3) 3 still sit in Palam to this day, they were never returned
4) The PM has to make do with the obsolete Mi-8s that the AW-101 was meant to replace now. God forbid one of these relics goes down....

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
2) The AW-101 is BY FAR the best platform for the job- ti was even selected to fly the President of America
3) 3 still sit in Palam to this day, they were never returned
4) The PM has to make do with the obsolete Mi-8s that the AW-101 was meant to replace now. God forbid one of these relics goes down....
As of my view AW101 is a very good platform...atleast we should have negotiated(blackmailed) them for TOT or blue prints.
Then we can mass produce them and replace all the russian junk.

Bahamut

I am sorry but facts say some thing else
After a huge controversy and allegations of corruption,[13][14] Defence Minister A.K. Antony, on 12 February, ordered an investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI).[15][16]

On 25 February 2013, CBI registered a Preliminary Enquiry (PE) against 11 persons including the former Indian Air Force Chief, Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi, and his cousins, besides four companies.[17] After carrying out the preliminary enquiry, the CBI found sufficient evidence and registered an FIR on 13 March. The FIR named 13 persons including: former Indian Air Force Chief, Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi, his three brothers: Juli, Docsa and Sandeep, the brother of former Union minister Santosh Bagrodia, Satish Bagrodia, and Pratap Aggarwal (Chairman and Managing Director of IDS Infotech). The FIR also named four companies - Italy-based Finmeccanica, UK-based AgustaWestland and Chandigarh-based IDS Infotech and Aeromatrix.[18][19]

In 2013, billionaire Indian arms dealer Abhishek Verma and his Romanian born wife Anca Neacsu were named suspects in this scandal. Abhishek had played the role of a middleman in the deal and had interfaced with the politicians in securing CCS clearance from the Cabinet Committee. This nexus was exposed by TimesNow TV with their global investigation.[20][21] According to the investigators, part of the bribes from AgustaWestland was sent to Abhishek's companies Atlas Defence Systems[22] accounts in Mauritius, to Bermuda accounts of Atlas Group Ltd and the other part was diverted to his wife's front company in New York Ganton Limited.[23][24] These funds are suspected to have been sent to Indian politicians who were beneficiaries in this scandal. BJP leader Subramanian Swamy had first identified the role of Abhishek Verma[25] and his wife Anca Neacsu[26] in 2013 in several of his blogs and press-releases.[27][28]

In September 2015, a special CBI court issued an open non-bailable warrant (NBW) against Christian Michel based on a CBI report that he was needed to be questioned in the case to know how much amount he had received as "commission" in the deal. The CBI said that "Based on this arrest warrant, Interpol India would be requested to issue a Red Corner Notice against Christian Michel James and execute said warrant."[29] In an interview to a newspaper, he denied any wrongdoing by stating that he had never met any "Gandhi" in his life.[30]

Enforcement Directorate (ED) is investigating money laundering allegations. In March 2015, the ED traced and identified the properties worth around ₹1.12 crore owned by Christian Michel and issued a provisional attachment order. The ED claimed that Michel bought a flat in south Delhi's Safdarjung Enclave in the name of media firm Media Exim using the bribe money. He was also reportedly in possession of a luxury car and a Fixed Deposit of ₹54 lakh. In September 2015, the adjudicating authority confirmed the attachment of properties and allowed the agency to retain the properties.[31] In September 2015, the ED attached assets worth about ₹7 crore alleged to be in the name of family members of ex-IAF Chief S. P. Tyagi.[32]

The CBI and the ED have sent letters rogatory to as many as eight countries including Italy, Tunisia,[33] Mauritius, the UAE, the UK, Switzerland, Singapore and the British Virgin Islands.[29][34]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Indian_helicopter_bribery_scandal
The AW-101 is BY FAR the best platform for the job- ti was even selected to fly the President of America
Yes it a good platform and may be the best
3 still sit in Palam to this day, they were never returned
In April 2009, India ordered 12 AW101 to serve as executive transport helicopters for the Indian President and Prime Minister.[136] The selection followed field trial assessments between the AW101 and the Sikorsky S-92 held in 2008.[137] However, the procurement was put on hold and subsequently cancelled due to the 2013 Indian helicopter bribery scandal, in which Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland's parent company, were accused of using bribery to win the contract.[138][139] The three helicopters delivered as part of the contract may be returned to the manufacturer as part of the arbitration process.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AgustaWestland_AW101#VIP_and_other_usage

HarshBardhan

Casper
Everything is fine except that odd looking helmets...............:frusty:
I don't know much about helmets but I think these helmets are also in service with Para SF which seem pretty good. I think it is called an Ear Cut ACH ( P.S : I have a poor knowledge about helmets )

abingdonboy

Country flag
I don't know much about helmets but I think these helmets are also in service with Para SF which seem pretty good. I think it is called an Ear Cut ACH ( P.S : I have a poor knowledge about helmets )

High cut FAST helmets, I don't think any sort of widespread adoption has occured yet in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles