Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Major Rohit Suri was the Mission leader of the team which was tasked to carry out operations against terrorist's hideout in Jammu and Kashmir.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
^^^ PBG - Presidents Bodyguard is a Cav Regiment - Unit drawn from IA
During peacetime their role is ceremonial but are trained as pathfinders for wartime role.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President's_Bodyguard
You are a very well informed person on these matters but unfortunately you are wrong this time buddy.

The guy is the ADC and not a guard.

The President has 3 ADCs and this one happens to be from the Navy and a Marcos as pointed out by the previous post.

All the ADCs are mostly SF officers from the Army,Navy and AF.

Lastly to be a Presidents bodyguard you can only be a Rajput,Jat or a Sikh.

rkhanna

Country flag
why such criteria? ADCs being SF is understandable, but not this.
Dont know about the above. A relative (from the Paras (non sf) has served with PBG. He resigned an RTUd when Kargil broke out so that he could be deployed at the front. I know of atleast 1 Maharashtrian who has served with the PBG.

The only regulation i know is of height. Minimum ^6ft requirement to be selected.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
There are many more such criterias which i wont share because of sensitivities of some members and also because i cannot back it up on the internet as it is not reported.

Many special units have many criterias and some have it because of a betrayal or let down.However that is not the case with the Presidents BG.

Last edited:

EXPERT

There are many more such criterias which i wont share because of sensitivities of some members and also because i cannot back it up on the internet as it is not reported.

Many special units have many criterias and some have it because of a betrayal or let down.However that is not the case with the Presidents BG.
You should share, at least we also should know what is going on inside..
I do know about sahayak system in the army and its shit.. cant share how the sahayaks are treated by fellow officers.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
You should share, at least we also should know what is going on inside..
I do know about sahayak system in the army and its shit.. cant share how the sahayaks are treated by fellow officers.
Ok. i will share what i can of the things i know on the internet

..I happened to meet a SPG instructor in a train coming from MHOW to Delhi many years ago and had a long conversation with him as we both had interest in each others profession.

One of the things i discussed with him and came to know is..

Ever wondered why there are no SIkhs in SPG?

So he told me that a lot of background checks are made for SPG and he accepted that because of Indiras murder there have been no Sikh selection for SPG (might change in the future)

and i guess the same can be said about Kashmiris Muslims too..

Your family history all the way up till your grandfather is traced and a record is kept of what even your far cousins are doing btw.

There are some articles related to this topic on the internet but these are the things you cannot prove and are better left alone.

I am shocked some of us have no idea about it.

http://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/story/muslims-and-sikhs-need-not-apply/233087

Last edited:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

reddevil9

शत्रुजीत
No. He is Rajasthani Rajput (Bhati) Lt Col on deputation in RR
Colenel Saahab lives in Gurugram:shock:, well @Bornubus if you ever visit Delhi, we both can pay visit to col sahab's house, to meet him, Gurugram is not very far from my home.

i know he'll kick us out in case he doesn't shoot us but still i'll consider that "kick" as a blessing.
:pound::pound::pound::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles