Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
i thing instead of creating so many forces mumbai police should concentrate more on equipping the general police
with better equipments and training,better infrastucture,intelligence gathering and a good controll and command structure to deal with emegency situation.if the quick response team were to reach a spot in 20 mins with the road conditions and traffic jams there should be dedicated helicopters for their tranport.also since a nsg base is to come up near mumbai shortly i think force one is just a waste of time and tax payers money created for vote nank politics.

mehrotraprince

Country flag
I have seen Corner Shot weapon and its uses (Israel) in Discovery channels Future Weapons program. Great innovation, good gadget for special and anti-terrorist forces.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Any idea which companies've responded to the RFI's? The Army wants the weapons to have image-downloading and transmission capabilities, too. As of now, I'm not sure any of the cornershot systems in existence or development have those capabilities, or if they could be modified to execute those functions.

They've also expressed an interest in ToT, which is good because of the vast quantities of weapons required. In any case, corner shot weapons are not high-technology. Korea's ADD came up with one with little over $307,000. Which begs the question, what happened to DRDO's development of a variant on the indigenous front?

i am planning to make my own version of the same. If that happens i will call it Safe short and it will be cheap and can be used on INSAS.
Well done sayarea. Hope your endeavor turns out well, do you have access to a machineshop?

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
chinese corner shot weapon

man, that is funny gun i have ever seen
even it is made to function as corner short, it can be used only on the left side, it cannot be used on the right side corner.

what are those things coming out of his helmet.

Looks more of scifi movie.........

EagleOne

Stone-pelting protesters could soon be in for a shock

Police forces from several states, including J&K, are evaluating the non-lethal Taser to help quell civil unrest.

It may prove a major step towards ending the use of lethal force against protesters by the police. Or it could be, in the worlds of Amnesty International, "cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment, which is absolutely prohibited under international law".

In secret trials on September 9 at the National Security Guard headquarters at Manesar, near Delhi, seven volunteers were shot with non-lethal Taser guns. Temporarily paralysed by a 50,000-volt shock, the hardened commandoes crumpled to the floor, unable to move, speak or react.

This effectively shuts down all muscular control; he or she can see, hear and think, but the body is unable to react to commands from the brain. Taser International calls this "neuromuscular incapacitation".

Indian interest in the Taser has been kindled by the deaths of more than 100 protesters in police firing in Kashmir over the summer, and in the agitation against land acquisition in UP. The trials at the NSG this month were witnessed by several state police forces and Indian Army officers.

NSG has already floated a tender for 200 non-lethal weapons to deploy with sky marshals aboard airliners and for anti-hijacking operations.

Sources say another 600 non-lethal weapons will be bought for the NSG's regional hubs.

Taser International, which has a 20-year patent from the Indian government, points out that the Kashmir situation might never have arisen had the police been armed with Tasers.

Said Paramjit Singh, who heads Taser International's operations in India: "Currently, India's police forces are equipped only to kill."

"The Taser would let them subdue protesters without the political and legal complications caused by firing live bullets at unarmed civilians. Every law enforcement officer should have the option of using a non-lethal weapon," he added.

Singh also highlights the "Kasab advantage" that the Taser facilitates. He refers to the capture of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab, whose interrogation provided crucial details of the Mumbai attack of November 26, 2008.

The police seem to agree. State police forces from J&K, Punjab, Sikkim, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh, as well as the Indo-Tibetan Border Police, have shown interest or placed orders for the Taser. The UP Police have also conducted an NSG-style trial, where volunteer constables were tased to evaluate the weapon.

But Tasers are also controversial, with critics claiming that the device has already caused 245 deaths worldwide. The United Nations Committee Against Torture concluded in 2007 that the use of the Taser gun constitutes a "form of torture" and "can even provoke death".

Last year, after persistent allegations that Taser shocks interfere with heartbeat rhythms, particularly in people with pacemakers, Taser International advised law enforcement agencies to aim below the centre of the chest.

There has been no word yet on the NSG commandos or UP policemen shot during Taser trials. The BBC, however, broadcast a video on May 17, 2007 of Michael Todd, the head of Greater Manchester Police, England, demonstrating his confidence in the Taser by allowing himself to be shot in the back. The police chief, who fell forward onto his chest, admitted after recovering: "I couldn't move; it hurt like hell"¦ I wouldn't want to do that again."

Nevertheless, the NSG is impressed with the Taser, which is also used by several police forces around the world, such as in the UK, who have bought at least 10,000 Tasers. Experienced NSG commandos point out that a terrorist, even fatally wounded with a gunshot, can continue fighting, sometimes for hours.

With the Taser, however, suppression is instant. The weapon is especially attractive for NSG sky marshals, since firing a bullet in an airliner risks perforating the fuselage and depressurising the cabin.

The Taser system, which was on display at the INDESEC homeland security exhibition in the capital earlier this month, comes in various models. The recently launched multi-shot Taser X3 can fire 3 probes in succession, a crucial facility when presented with more than one threat simultaneously.

In the US, it is legal for a civilian to carry a Taser C2 for self-defence. This is not considered a firearm because the cartridge uses gas, not gunpowder, to launch the probes. Retailed at $1,200 and with a range of 15 feet, Taser advertises the C2 as superior to a stun gun, which must be in physical contact with the target, and to pepper spray, which is only effective up to 6 feet away.

Stone-pelting protesters could soon be in for a shock

Rage

DFI TEAM
Let me tell you something, throwing stones at another is cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment.

As for the use of the taser, it is not viable on a large scale. Tasers are meant specifically for incapacitating individual or small groups of raucous frondeurs, or agitating rioters within a larger group of demonstrators. Tasers require reload-after-shot, because they use small dart-like electrodes connected to the main gun through conductive wire and propelled through nitrogen charges (the latest taser, the X3, is capable of subduing up to 3 suspects without reload) which is why they are ineffective against large groups of mutineers.

You could use "drive stun", which is a serious way to cause significant local pain to a protestor by applying the taser directly to his body to take him down, but that would require you to corner your opponent with groups of 3 or 4.

pmaitra

How about use huge lorries with tank-full of sticky fast coagulating cement like subtance mixed with water and spray them onto the protesters? Or maybe mix the water with pepper like substance, or menthol, that will help cool down tempers a bit?

I got this idea from this picture:
MAZ-543_airport_tender.jpg

Rage

DFI TEAM
How about use huge lorries with tank-full of sticky fast coagulating cement like subtance mixed with water and spray them onto the protesters? Or maybe mix the water with pepper like substance, or menthol, that will help cool down tempers a bit?

View attachment 1746
That's actually a good idea. My only fear is: that to the ignorant, illiterate Kashmiris, this will become like a game. You know, the kind you played as a kid where you would go around catching people 'till someone else said 'freeze'.

In order for riot control to work, it has to act as a deterrent. And that deterrent is pain. Because otherwise, people will just protest and vandalize and break things until a truck carrying the cement comes over and showers them with the stuff.

Unless it's something that really gets hard when it dries, which will cause the people there to be stuck there permanently- or for a long, long time. Ofcourse, then you have the added problem of impediments on the streets.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Now, the goal is to attenuate the protesters, yet, not kill them. An added bonus will be to be able to identify the protesters later and arrest them.

I would like to share my experience with you when I was snorkeling in the Andamans.

While admiring the beauty of the coral reef, I happened to kick a sea-cucumber. The sea-cucumber bestowed upon me the honour of spitting it's guts out onto my feet. Actually, it is a defense mechanism of the sea-cucumber. Now, this sticky substance sticks to the skin and does not go away easily. The skin of my feet actually had this sticky substance, which soon solidifies after ejection by the sea-cucumber, for more than a week. The video below shows one example:

Now, let us look at the type of protests that we usually see in Kashmir:

Now, let us see how we can drench these protesters in the aforementioned sea-cucumber like substance without having to fire a single bullet (Beriev-200 in action):

Sounds outrageous? Too costly? Infeasible?

Think again. Think the amount of bad press India is getting for the deaths. Think the amount of money India is losing in giving away ex-gratia payments.

Last edited by a moderator:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i think the NGO's objection to the use of the non lethal weapon is in extracting confesions torture etc - but here it is envisaged to be used to prefent death and to remove the catalyst few from inflaming a riot - so it is a positive application

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Unless it's something that really gets hard when it dries, which will cause the people there to be stuck there permanently- or for a long, long time. Of course, then you have the added problem of impediments on the streets.

it would be a great idea to pour this stuff over our wonderful Mayawati - then we save her the effort of building statues of herself !

Rage

DFI TEAM
That's a very interesting experience. Sure, I think your idea has viability...

But there are two things that still concern me: a) whether this acts as a sufficient deterrent to bring people out on the streets in the first place. To me, the best deterrent is fear and pain acts as that enabler, motivator and dynamo of fear. As of now, it seems the only deterrent from your method is the loss of time and the inconvenience- bodily and mentally- of being stuck several hours physically in a particular position.

b) Also, the added inconvenience of having several hundreds or dozens of protestors stuck on the streets, with the glutenous substance sticking to the wheels of cars, lorries and bullock carts and causing inconvenience to those even who were not protesting. That has the effect of disrupting daily and commercial life, at times when curfews are not in place.

The advantages of your method are truly manifold: no- or very few- unneeded deaths, less bad press and fewer catalysts for further incitement. But I don't know that commercial disruption would be preferred over unnecessary deaths. Infact, I think it would not. Which is the sad part of this, our country.

Last edited:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Those are already used in practice. They're called water cannons. India must look at alternative, non-lethal means of riot control including water cannons, rubber bullets, pepper sprays and stink bombs.

prahladh

Respected Member

View attachment 1746
Its better if we just use pepper or other substances that can paralyze them for a while. We can even use helos for spraying. I hope if we could develop subtances/methods that can paralyze men for hours. They get up again and again paralyze them for hours. I was thinking of spraying anesthesic subtances but that would kill all those hundreds of protestors. Really sick eh!

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Special Forces of India (Images)

MARCOS Marine Commandos.

NSG Commandos

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
guys some one please upload rescent photographs of our elite SFF

Status