Indian Railways News

Azaad

Country flag
But that too are non articulated. Barring sprinkling of extra long or articulated buses as shuttle transport within some airports. Articulated buses have limited use in our traffic choked cities. IIRC CTU opposed full length normal buses and wanted short buses only to run in Chandigarh as the former was loathsome to handle in tight traffic and corners - and also because of low ridership - economics did not make sense(most people use their own transport)
I'm referring to articulated buses or vestibular buses as they were known in Mumbai.

That's precisely why they were chosen to run longer routes as they would be on main roads instead of arterial roads . The only difference between the bus-train depicted in the video & these ones were that the latter weren't as long & didn't run on a pre determined track.

However for the reasons I'm unaware of , they were done away with .Probably low occupancy due to the low speeds at which they were run . Having said that , the main roads in Mumbai are nowhere as expansive as say in Delhi or parts of Delhi.

That could be one reason why maneuvering these buses was a lot of hassle resulting in low speed travel as compared to the normal transport buses in operation which in any case is slow given the bumper to bumper traffic in Mumbai.

AnantS

Country flag
I'm referring to articulated buses or vestibular buses as they were known in Mumbai.

That's precisely why they were chosen to run longer routes as they would be on main roads instead of arterial roads . The only difference between the bus-train depicted in the video & these ones were that the latter weren't as long & didn't run on a pre determined track.

However for the reasons I'm unaware of , they were done away with .Probably low occupancy due to the low speeds at which they were run . Having said that , the main roads in Mumbai are nowhere as expansive as say in Delhi or parts of Delhi.

That could be one reason why maneuvering these buses was a lot of hassle resulting in low speed travel as compared to the normal transport buses in operation which in any case is slow given the bumper to bumper traffic in Mumbai.
I understand what you were referring to. To illustrate why long articulated buses are unpopular in Indian context - I specifically gave example of Chandigarh which is fully planned - yet Even normal length buses for local transport was opposed for same reasons.

SKC

Country flag

A diesel locomotive-hauled freight train travelled more than 70 km from Jammu and Kashmir's Kathua to a village in Punjab's Hoshiarpur district without its drivers on Sunday, officials said.

No casualty or damage to property has been reported, they said and added that an inquiry has been ordered into the incident that took place between 7.25 am and 9 am.

The 53-wagon train loaded with chip stones was on its way to Punjab from Jammu, the officials said.

The train had stopped at the Kathua railway station in Jammu for a driver change and it seems that it began to roll down a slope gradient track on the Jammu-Jalandhar section, a spokesperson of the Northern Railway said, citing preliminary information.

Both drivers -- loco pilot and assistant loco pilot -- were not on board the freight train, the officials said.

The train gained speed along the way, finally coming to a stop on a steep gradient near Unchi Bassi railway station in Punjab, they said.

Divisional traffic manager, Jammu, Prateek Srivastava told PTI that "an inquiry has been initiated to know the exact cause of the incident. Prima facie, it seems that the train started rolling down the slope gradient towards Punjab without the driver and his assistant". -- PTI

-------------------------------

Another Bhagwan-Bharose moment at IR. Lucky this didn't end up in the 'tragic stories' section.
Indian Railway is quite ahead of world in driver less train technology! :clap2:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Ya'll Nibbiars The only thing the Vande Bharat has and the I 5 Series Shinkansen don't is the Pantry car, Microwave Ovens and no Refrigeration facilities.

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

slayingheaven

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The only thing the Vande Bharat has and the I 5 Series Shinkansen don't is the Pantry car, Microwave Ovens and no Refrigeration facilities.

I have a doubt the Japanese bullet train doors are too narrow in the videos i watch. Won't it restrict the motabhais and motabhabhis.

fooLIam

Render != Real one.

Kindly install it in our mind friends.
From outside it will look current vande Bharat only . Icf and all associated rolling stock factory should be corporatised and made PSU like how china did (CRcC).
Does anyone have idea what happend to aluminium train set?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles