Indian Police Force

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
http://www.hindustantimes.com/newde...up-up-their-water-power/article1-1377348.aspx

Delhi Police will procure advanced Turkish water cannons that proved their efficacy in mob control during the 2013 Istanbul uprising as the city witnesses an average 20 demonstrations, sit-ins and rallies every day, some of which turn violent.

Senior officers on Thursday said the police department has initiated the process of replacing outdated water cannons with Toma, an advanced armoured vehicle designed especially for riot control.

The computer-controlled Turkish water cannons are 10 times more effective than the ones currently being used by Delhi Police. It holds up to 10,000 litres of water that can be ejected at speed and force five times more than the city police’s current lot, which are locally designed and assembled.

“Nobody can withstand a Toma’s high-velocity stream of water. The pressure from the high-tech cannon helps police restrict protesters from moving forward. It is the best alternative to lethal firearms,” said Rajesh Malik, special commissioner of police (provision and logistics).

He said the advanced system would strengthen city police’s anti-riot cell as Toma comes equipped with options such as water, dye, tear gas and foam mixtures for crowd control.

The dye helps police identify protesters and book them under appropriate sections of law.

“The colour sprayed on protesters will remain for 24 hours even if he tries to wash it off repeatedly. This will help us avoid unwanted controversies such as allegations of booking innocent people,” Malik said.

The option of spraying foam was another advantage as the chemical mixture sticks to a protester and immobilises him. But Delhi Police won’t use the material as it has choked protesters to death in some instances.

“Our priority is always to control the situation without using firearms. Hence, we are in the process of procuring advanced non-lethal equipment,” Malik said.

Turkish riot police used Toma — short for Toplumsal Olaylara Müdahale Araci that translates into intervention vehicle to social events — during the 18-day occupation of Istanbul’s Gezil park in the summer of 2013.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Why are they wearing caps,and the helmet this guy is wearing looks like a tin can.
*egsbert hat on/

Ab ka bataye saar .. i mean even tho it was a 'mock drill' still they should wear all the protective gear (helmets), but Indian "chalta hai" attitude i guess. AFAIR i've only seen them wearing helmets once; when the DP SWAT team was stationed at the India Gate on the eve of Independence Day celebration in New Delhi, 2013:

otherwise they're always out on the streets like this onlee(wearing bpj, knee, elbow pads but without helmets)

And it's not only that railway police commando but you can see our paramilitary guys also wearing those helmets on CT & CI ops:

i dunno why we are still using these vintage helmets in 2015, :facepalm: when there are better lightweight kevlar helmets available.

*egsbert hat off/

Blackwater

*egsbert hat on/

Ab ka bataye saar .. i mean even tho it was a 'mock drill' still they should wear all the protective gear (helmets), but Indian "chalta hai" attitude i guess. AFAIR i've only seen them wearing helmets once; when the DP SWAT team was stationed at the India Gate on the eve of Independence Day celebration in New Delhi, 2013:

otherwise they're always out on the streets like this onlee(wearing bpj, knee, elbow pads but without helmets)

And it's not only that railway police commando but you can see our paramilitary guys also wearing those helmets on CT & CI ops:

i dunno why we are still using these vintage helmets in 2015, :facepalm: when there are better lightweight kevlar helmets available.

*egsbert hat off/

Welll they have to compete with ambassador and gypsy for who survive till last:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
http://www.tkbsen.in/2015/08/ib-off...from-consultation-with-upsc/?no_redirect=true

IB Officials Deputation In PMO Exempted From Consultation With UPSC

New Delhi: A mandatory requirement of consulting Union Public Service Commission for appointment of Intelligence Bureau (IB) officials on deputation basis to Prime Minister’s Office has been done away with by the government.

Nripendra Misra, Principal Secretary in PMO

The recruitment of personnel from IB on deputation basis for appointment to the post of Assistant Director in the PMO has been exempted from consultation with the UPSC, a notification issued today by Personnel Ministry said.

It means that the file relating to the appointment of IB officers in the PMO need not go to the UPSC, which is the recruiting body for them, an official said.

As per Article 320 of the Constitution, the UPSC shall be consulted on all matters relating to methods of recruitment to civil services and for certain civil group A posts.

Good step. No more red tape and poking of noses. PM can pick whoever he wishes w/o hassle.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Delhi police SWAT commandos perform mock terror drill

Delhi police SWAT commandos take part in a mock terror drill at a cinema hall in New Delhi. September 23, 2015.

SWAT commandos are seen near a woman posing as a casualty during a mock terror drill at a cinema hall in New Delhi.

Delhi police SWAT commandos arrest a 'militant' during a mock terror drill at a cinema hall in New Delhi.

A Delhi police SWAT commando is seen near a woman posing as a casualty during a mock terror drill at a cinema hall.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
These guys are good, had the pleasure of seeing them in action during an anti-terror round at my workplace.
Could do with better equipment though.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
These guys are good, had the pleasure of seeing them in action during an anti-terror round at my workplace.
Could do with better equipment though.
Where do u work?
30 char.......................................

WolfPack86

Country flag
Delhi police using choppers for traffic monitoring this is good start . Soon Delhi police should use choppers for law and order . Also use swat team for training.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles