Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
whats the point of conventionally powered 70k tonne carrier make a full nuclear carrier smaller vessles can easily guard and perform indian ocean blockade much more efficiently than the cbg plus navy gets the smalest piece of pie from the defence budget too
By that time chinks will have 10 aircraft carriers as per their plan, all of them super carriers twice the size of our STOBARs. Even if they manage to get 7-8 operational by then, we'll only have 2-3 operational.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Meanwhile Indian Navy will only get a flattop CATOBAR latest by 2050s (if things go right)
whats the point of conventionally powered 70k tonne carrier make a full nuclear carrier smaller vessles can easily guard and perform indian ocean blockade much more efficiently than the cbg plus navy gets the smalest piece of pie from the defence budget too
I hope you understand that CATOBAR requires huge amounts of steam which is possible only with steam turbines or nuclear reactors. For EMALS, it is even narrowed down to nuclear reactors due to huge electricity requirement. India is not going to favour steam turbines again due to its huge size, low efficiency and heat signature. This means to have CATOBAR, India must have nuclear carrier. Then comes the discussion of whether nuclear carrier is worth it for Indian scenarios.

Nuclear carriers are good for long duration deployment, long range movement and pretty much all offensive moves. But it has a major problem in defence. If a nuclear vessel is damaged, it takes extremely huge amount of time to repair and make it seaworthy. During wars, this will be a serious issue as even minor damages taken will lead to lengthy repair time. For western countries which mostly fight in Africa & Asia, nuclear carriers are worth it. But for countries where the fight is next doors like India, Russia, nuclear carriers are not really worth it. This is why even Russia does not make nuclear carriers although it has a nuclear powered ice-breaker!

Aniruddha Mulay

Bruh, Navy literally has the 2nd largest allocation of CAPEX after the IAF, kindly update your sources of info.

NutCracker

Country flag
A US Navy liaison who claimed to have been posted on INS Delhi (pre-refit). It still remains the nastiest hitjob I've seen written about an "ally" force. The fag wrote stuff so shockingly stupid, it beggared belief. The INS Delhi in his imagination was a rusty hunk of junk that'd sink anytime, everybody not an officer was an incompetent slave and the whole ship barely worked and smelt bad.

It's a miracle that INS Delhi is still sailing because by his account "it should've exploded right after leaving port". :pound:

As for the Arihant, it has already sunk 50 times according to these trolls. From sinking, to catching fire to exploding randomly to breaking down.
View attachment 252168
I literally ask those beggardeshis and porkies that have those maggots ever used a lift in their poverty stricken life . When such basic amenity can have a buzzer for door left opened , how can they think that a sub can descent with opened hatch.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
I am not worried about the three Carriers they have now. These will teach them how to operate carriers, and how to operate air groups effectively.

I AM WORRIED about the carriers that follow this though.
Every new carrier they make from here on will have 4 catapults. And they have enough confidence in their designs now, for them to go for nuclear carriers from here on out. The J-31/J-35 program is silently becoming mature, and will become the backbone of their naval air wing, replacing the SUs. Probably wont take long either considering their manufacturing efficiency.

shade

Country flag
By that time chinks will have 10 aircraft carriers as per their plan, all of them super carriers twice the size of our STOBARs. Even if they manage to get 7-8 operational by then, we'll only have 2-3 operational.
I am not worried about the three Carriers they have now. These will teach them how to operate carriers, and how to operate air groups effectively.

I AM WORRIED about the carriers that follow this though.
Looks like we need to pepper A&N islands with anti-ship missiles and build out a large submarine force

Soon they will claim A&N also with their large aircraft carriers and small fishing boats saying that the one eunuch captain of that Treasure Fleet saw the islands through his telescope and therefore it is Chinese since 1000 years.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Looks like we need to pepper A&N islands with anti-ship missiles and build out a large submarine force

Soon they will claim A&N also with their large aircraft carriers and small fishing boats saying that the one eunuch captain of that Treasure Fleet saw the islands through his telescope and therefore it is Chinese since 1000 years.
They won't be able to do that with current fleet. Fujian isn't really a threat. I'm concerned about the ones that will follow especially Type 004 that is allegedly nuclear powered EMALS comparable/equivalent of American Ford class super carriers.

shade

Country flag
They won't be able to do that with current fleet. Fujian isn't really a threat. I'm concerned about the ones that will follow especially Type 004 that is allegedly nuclear powered EMALS comparable/equivalent of American Ford class super carriers.
Even i'm not talking about the current fleet my dude, plan 20 years in the future

Samej Jangir

Country flag

Be more worried about Chrislamists than Chinese. NATO is the biggest threat and India is surrounded by jihadis on all sides. Be realistic rather than having delusions that Chinese will squeeze through Malacca straits to get A&N islands

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Even i'm not talking about the current fleet my dude, plan 20 years in the future
Might sound ambitious, but Navy should plan a CBD for South China Sea in the "future" since being defensive upon chinese CBGs in Indian Ocean alone isn't going to be a deterrence.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Might sound ambitious, but Navy should plan a CBD for South China Sea in the "future" since being defensive upon chinese CBGs in Indian Ocean alone isn't going to be a deterrence.
For that you need to first achieve Akhand Bharat by conquering the jihadis of Malaya archipellago (Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Guinea etc) before the jihadis allow Indian ships to pass via Malacca

shade

Country flag
It is a good enough deterrence.
Chingchongs did the same thing, submarine maxxing and placing anti ship missiles on their own coastline and on the man made islands in the SCS to deter the carriers of freedom and democracy.

It is also why them and Russkies have prioritized development of Hypersonic missiles, precisely to deal with the carrier nuisance

There is also what the guy below writes, Indogesia and Malaysia won't let our ships transit, they are pseudo Chinese slaves kept from going full slave by Uncle Sam's fear

For that you need to first achieve Akhand Bharat by conquering the jihadis of Malaya archipellago (Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Guinea etc) before the jihadis allow Indian ships to pass via Malacca

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Bruh, Navy literally has the 2nd largest allocation of CAPEX after the IAF, kindly update your sources of info.
i mis wrote the post what i meant was how navy manages its budget with the unlimited salary army and our airforce which is supreme in misplanning too

Aniruddha Mulay

3 aircraft carriers operating at all times are enough to cover the IOR, the IOR itself is massive and India has zero interest in being engaged in conflicts halfway across the globe.
Also given our limited funds ATM, majority of the focus should be on building up our submarine fleet which to put it in kind words, not exactly in the best of shape.
P75I, P76 and P75A should be our focus as these projects aren't as CAPEX intensive as a 70k ton nuclear propelled flat-top.
Any Carrier Task Force entering the IOR will always feel the threat of something they cannot see lurking in the deep ready to strike if things go south.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
It is a good enough deterrence.
Chingchongs did the same thing, submarine maxxing and placing anti ship missiles on their own coastline and on the man made islands in the SCS to deter the carriers of freedom and democracy.

It is also why them and Russkies have prioritized development of Hypersonic missiles, precisely to deal with the carrier nuisance

There is also what the guy below writes, Indogesia and Malaysia won't let our ships transit, they are pseudo Chinese slaves kept from going full slave by Uncle Sam's fear
The very notion that the Indonesian navy can be anything more than an annoyance for the Indian Navy, is laughable. Both the Malaysian and thee Indonesian Navy are a joke. Chinese coast guard fleet treats them like punching bags.
1715365847924.png

Malaysians paid close to $600mil for this 3000 ton turd to carry 16 MICA and 8 Subsonic JSMs. Right about the price of a Nilgiri Class Frigate with more than double the displacement and vastly superior firepower.

Last edited:

Samej Jangir

Country flag
The very notion that the Indonesian navy can be anything more than an annoyance for the Indian Navy, is laughable. Both the Malaysian and thee Indonesian Navy are a joke. Chinese coast guard fleet treats them like punching bags.
View attachment 252327
Malaysians paid close to $600mil for this 3000 ton turd to carry 16 MICA and 8 Subsonic JSMs. Right about the price of a Nilgiri Class Frigate with more than double the displacement and vastly superior firepower.
It is not the strength of navy but the strategic location which is the point. Even monkeys located in Malaysia and Indonesia with artillery and low class mines fixed in washing machines can block Malacca straits as it is too narrow and too shallow.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles