Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Comon man 5 million has a lot of value than 23 kanglus
We shouldn't even spend 1000rs for their shity lives
Par kand IOR main hua hai we need to do something :dude:
The owner of the ship or country of the ship pays, not India. India may at best do another operation to rescue them. It does not cost $5million for India as the soldiers are already have fixed salary and don't work like mercenaries on pay per mission basis. So, only the consumables will be the actual extra cost. This is likely the fuel, ammunition, supplies, non-reusable equipments etc which will be less than $5million

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
i think he may be right about the economics at play as c17 cost 25000 dollars per hour worth of flight
but rather than randson its about giving a message that you will be caught even if you try to flee you will be caught soldies would come from ships planes etc to capture you

i think thats the bigger part of doing these operations cause having 2 warships sail, a cargo jet, a millions of dollar worth drone, an anti submarine jet ,with additional troops would cost more than 5 million in my opinion
if we pay every time more people would get motevated to do shit like this
And I am supporting his statement infact these kanglus value less than 5 million
Neither the company nor India should spend(I mean cost due to military ops)

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The owner of the ship or country of the ship pays, not India. India may at best do another operation to rescue them. It does not cost $5million for India as the soldiers are already have fixed salary and don't work like mercenaries on pay per mission basis. So, only the consumables will be the actual extra cost. This is likely the fuel, ammunition, supplies, non-reusable equipments etc which will be less than $5million
Definitely my statement was wrt cost due to military ops
And 23 kanglus aren't worth of 5 million
Saying bcoz of hate against those bastards

Azaad

Country flag
Even cheaper and in fact income generating option is, threaten the Somalis they have to pay us 100k per hostage to take them back, else they have to keep the Kanglas.
Alternatively Kangladeshis can vouch to provide those kidnappers a lifetime supply of choddi bonian in lieu of a release thereby encouraging those Somalis into an honest livelihood. That's 2 birds killed with one stone .

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India deploys 11 submarines, a first in nearly three decades
This deployment by the Indian Navy Friday is a stark contrast to the submarine history of the last two decades that has seen the arm hit by dwindling strength, accidents and write-offs.
A Scorpene class submarine of the Indian Navy | Photo courtesy: Naval Group

A Scorpene class submarine of the Indian Navy | Photo courtesy: Naval Group
New Delhi: Marking a significant milestone for the Navy in three decades, India Friday simultaneously deployed 11 conventional submarines for operations, ThePrint has learnt.
This deployment starkly contrasts the submarine history of the last two decades, which has seen the arm hit by dwindling strength, accidents and write-offs.
“It is indeed an important milestone for us. Since I joined the Navy, I have not seen such a high simultaneous deployment. This was basically because we did not have that many submarines in operations, and the fleet strength was hit by several undergoing refits or repairs,” a source, who has completed over 25 years of service, told ThePrint.
Sources in the defence establishment said that the last time the Indian submarine arm was at its highest strength was in the early 90s when the Navy had 8 Kilo-class submarines, four HDWs and four Foxtrot of Russian origin.
“Since then, the submarine’s arm has really been hit. Even the delivery of the Scorpene submarines was delayed,” another source said.
Currently, India operates 16 conventional submarines, including five Scorpene class (French), four HDWs (German) and seven Kilo-class (Russian). An additional Scorpene class is still to be commissioned.
While India will eventually operate 17 conventional submarines next year, sources pointed out that this would only be on paper.
“What is important is operational availability. The Scorpene submarines are brand new, hence, their availability ratio is much higher. Next comes the German HDWs, which continue to be the most reliable and high on performance. These submarines will last us another 10-15 years,” the second source said, explaining the issues that the Navy continues to face with its submarine fleet.
The source added that, while India had 10 Kilo-class submarines initially, it is now left with only seven.
“The Kilos are very good but their availability ratio is down. They have undergone upgrades but will not be able to last as long as the HDWs. This is because most of them were commissioned in the 1980s and one of them has already been decommissioned. The second one was refitted and given to Myanmar. The third was actually new, but we lost it in 2013 in an accident,” the source said.
This means that the submarine arm will continue to face turbulence.
India is going in for an additional three Scorpene-class submarines, sources said, adding that this will take time for the actual signing of contracts and delivery.
The Navy’s proposal to acquire six more advanced submarines with better technology has already been delayed by over a decade, and the likelihood of the first being delivered by 2030 is slim, sources told ThePrint.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Definitely my statement was wrt cost due to military ops
And 23 kanglus aren't worth of 5 million
Saying bcoz of hate against those bastards
Military ops cost is generally inflated by including cost like salaries of soldiers, per hour cost of planes in terms of rental price, reusable equipment rent cost etc. But the actual additional cost borne is just for the consumables as salaries are fixed and even depreciation of equipment is semi-fixed regardless of ops.

India doing some heroic rescue operations is not bad as it can give India a reputation in IOR in front of all countries, not just Bangladesh

OutForVendetta

Country flag
2021 article
China sails unhindered in Somali waters

More people here need to read this !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles