Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

slayingheaven

Country flag
Teambhp forummers will be in meltdown
We need to modernize those further on lines of indian tradition. This looks like a marriage function not a naval mess. Before any one blame me for being gora ass licker, iam as much alt right i can get against goras but we need to be practical in the endeavor of searching our past identity.
1709454460927.png

1709454494773.png

This is what iam saying about. The previous dress honestly for me it didn't click. Its too traditional-esque looking for a military force.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
There is a belief that Maulana Modi is trying to erase the legacy of British Indian Navy and trying to ape the historical Indian Navy which is present before the British Rule.
I do not wish to come out as a killjoy rapscallion , certainly not , absolutely not sir but pray appraise me will you as to which " indian Navy " we are discussing about?
The Chola navy ? The Maratha Navy or the Mughal Navy ?
I know , I know indian subcontinent had a lot of seafaring cultures, but it is an established fact that modern Indian Navy is indeed , in most certain a continuation of the Royal Indian Navy .
And why , after all in all honesty I wish the officer's continued to wear their Uniforms and not this new garb of theirs , ask why ?
Because they are bloody naval officer's,that's why !

slayingheaven

Country flag
I do not wish to come out as a killjoy rapscallion , certainly not , absolutely not sir but pray appraise me will you as to which " indian Navy " we are discussing about?
The Chola navy ? The Maratha Navy or the Mughal Navy ?
I know , I know indian subcontinent had a lot of seafaring cultures, but it is an established fact that modern Indian Navy is indeed , in most certain a continuation of the Royal Indian Navy .
And why , after all in all honesty I wish the officer's continued to wear their Uniforms and not this new garb of theirs , ask why ?
Because they are bloody naval officer's,that's why !
We are practicing secularism where it should not be and also traditionalism where it should not be. Honestly if they go on indigenize the non-materialistic aspects of Military like Culture, Weapon Names, Strategy Names, Attire and so on the lines of few cultures like Maratha or Chola navy for example, it alienates a large chunk of people for example we telugu never had any relationship with navy, so how are we suppose to relate that. Unless India does the Batmuncher's way of homogenizing culture which is impossible. English names and neutral western dress is the only way to go forward in this land of myriad cultures to maintain neutrality. Look at the hardcore batmunchers, even they themselves adopted western attire without any hanfu or maosuit esque because they know "WHEN" to apply Neutralism and traditionalism. Those sanskrit names also for all the weapons for example "Varunastra" for heavy torpedo. Its hard to pronounce and its in a certain language where it may not appeal to all. A name like "Cyan Shark" or "Bull Slam" is better. I hate colonialism as much i can, but what doesn't kill you make you stronger. Accept the positive aspects of that like English Language and Neutral Attire and reject negative aspects.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
We are practicing secularism where it should not be and also traditionalism where it should not be. Honestly if they go on indigenize the non-materialistic aspects of Military like Culture, Weapon Names, Strategy Names, Attire and so on the lines of few cultures like Maratha or Chola navy for example, it alienates a large chunk of people for example we telugu never had any relationship with navy, so how are we suppose to relate that. Unless India does the Batmuncher's way of homogenizing culture which is impossible. English names and neutral western dress is the only way to go forward in this land of myriad cultures to maintain neutrality. Look at the hardcore batmunchers, even they themselves adopted western attire without any hanfu or maosuit esque because they know "WHEN" to apply Neutralism and traditionalism. Those sanskrit names also for all the weapons for example "Varunastra" for heavy torpedo. Its hard to pronounce and its in a certain language where it may not appeal to all. A name like "Cyan Shark" or "Bull Slam" is better. I hate colonialism as much i can, but what doesn't kill you make you stronger. Accept the positive aspects of that like English Language and Neutral Attire and reject negative aspects.
You have problem pronouncing name like " varunastra , or arudhra ( a radar name ) or radar called ashlesha ?
mate , I am only cribbing about uniforms , not anything else.
We certainly do not want English names like cyan shark or whale slam .
These names can be pronounced easily by most people for they are not in Hindi , I assume .
Can't folks @Arjunmk1a , @tacticalDoge and others pronounce names like varunastra , arudhra , ashlesha , maareech , ushus etc easily ?

slayingheaven

Country flag
You have problem pronouncing name like " varunastra , or arudhra ( a radar name ) or radar called ashlesha ?
mate , I am only cribbing about uniforms , not anything else.
We certainly do not want English names like cyan shark or whale slam .
These names can be pronounced easily by most people for they are not in Hindi , I assume .
Can't folks @Arjunmk1a , @tacticalDoge and others pronounce names like varunastra , arudhra , ashlesha , maareech , ushus etc easily ?
Lets keep the matter aside whether i can pronounce it or not, its the same imposition i hate along with our southern lemurian monkeys. What about north-easterners, hindi is not native. Its not about whether i or they pronounce it or not(i myself can read and write hindi being 3rd language). But i don't want certain section to feel alienated by Sanskritisation/Hindification of everything like the Sinicization.

SKC

Country flag
Teambhp forummers will be in meltdown
Totally man!
some possible posts:
"While the world is moving forward, feeling sad that India is moving backward!!"
"I don't want to be political, but this is definitely due to interference of Current Govt."

SKC

Country flag
We need to modernize those further on lines of indian tradition. This looks like a marriage function not a naval mess. Before any one blame me for being gora ass licker, iam as much alt right i can get against goras but we need to be practical in the endeavor of searching our past identity. View attachment 242609
View attachment 242610
This is what iam saying about. The previous dress honestly for me it didn't click. Its too traditional-esque looking for a military force.
So, to you these pics you posted doesn't look like a party or marriage wear??
The pics you posted looks more party wear than the dress selected by Navy.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
There is a belief that Maulana Modi is trying to erase the legacy of British Indian Navy and trying to ape the historical Indian Navy which is present before the British Rule.
So we're going back to piracy of European ships?.. Nice.

We need to modernize those further on lines of indian tradition. This looks like a marriage function not a naval mess. Before any one blame me for being gora ass licker, iam as much alt right i can get against goras but we need to be practical in the endeavor of searching our past identity. View attachment 242609
View attachment 242610
+10... Baarati lag rahe hy 😂

@SKC they're also formal wear. Myne presentation diya hy usme 🤣

Jimih

Country flag
+10... Baarati lag rahe hy 😂
Chill mate. It's only a Mess dress. Anyways it's always a baarati like feeling inside a mess with all that Buffet like setup. Its also a place where troops chill.

For the time being this will be only inside Officers mess.

Iam ambivalent about the current ethnic wear of the Indian Navy. IMO some variations could be allowed.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Lets keep the matter aside whether i can pronounce it or not, its the same imposition i hate along with our southern lemurian monkeys. What about north-easterners, hindi is not native. Its not about whether i or they pronounce it or not(i myself can read and write hindi being 3rd language). But i don't want certain section to feel alienated by Sanskritisation/Hindification of everything like the Sinicization.
Hindi is not native I agree but Sanskrit was known in Assam, Manipur , meghalaya since millenium .
As for dakshin , it's not imposition in slightest terms, for these names can be understood by them as they can be by us.
Sanskritisation is not same as hindification.
If we name all things English , then what remains indian?
And then are outsiders wrong to say that Britain made india ?
That no india existed before ?
If we name our weapons in English.
Sometimes for national unity , ones own wishes need to be put behind .

AnantS

Country flag
Chill mate. It's only a Mess dress. Anyways it's always a baarati like feeling inside a mess with all that Buffet like setup. Its also a place where troops chill.

For the time being this will be only inside Officers mess.

Iam ambivalent about the current ethnic wear of the Indian Navy. IMO some variations could be allowed.
Man everything is fine. But a white or select formal colors and a dhoti or a mundu would have looked more fine

Last edited:

AnantS

Country flag
No Dhoti , No Mundus.
Haha I prefer that. Pajamis and bright kurtas give feminine look. Was never family of the latter. Sri Lankan Naval Band proudly wear a dhoti on occasions.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles