Indian Missiles are Superior to Chinese in Quality, Says Expert

Country flag
No sir, what is really upsetting me is the way the Political correct-ness is messing with our tests. Its time to say :finger: to those who have a problem with our tests and test it the way we like it:fyeah:
No this is being handled in a very mature way by the government.You may
not view it that way but it is. We don't need to remain a pariah and throw
away any economic progress.

Country flag
As i said, test it and then we can claim our success. ICBM credit does not belong to those who does not have the gall to even test it:namaste:
If the Government is scaird to give the range as an ICBM, do you think they
would be scaird to use it?

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
If the Government is scaird to give the rang as an ICBM, do you think they
would be scaird to use it?
Its not about that. Think about it. If we are gonna pride ourselves with an ICBM, then we should pride it with full vigour, not on some assumption that we have one.:fyeah:

Country flag
Its not about that. Think about it. If we are gonna pride ourselves with an ICBM, then we should pride it with full vigour, not on some assumption that we have one.:fyeah:
It is more political if the range is viewed as capped it is a limited threat in the region.
If the range is uncapped and a full fledged ICBM it is a threat to anyone and everyone.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
It is more political if the range is viewed as capped it is a limited threat in the region.
If the range is uncapped and a full fledged ICBM it is a threat to anyone and everyone.
Sir, As i said, we cant pride it as a ICBM unless we are worthy for that. As of now, since the govt is in no mood to pride itself that way, i dont think we should either.

Country flag
Sir, As i said, we cant pride it as a ICBM unless we are worthy for that. As of now, since the govt is in no mood to pride itself that way, i dont think we should either.
Let everyone have their own opinions if it makes them happy. If we
can get to the moon than any spot on the earth should be easy.

Country flag
Follow that logic, reduce payload with 50 % and you will get 7500 KM. How much do you have to reduce to reach 10000 km?
Something tells me it is not how missiles work. :scared2:
25% reduction in payload would probably increases range about 10 percent
5000km becomes 5500km and making a lot of people happy.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Snakeoil.The Chinese haves tested and deployed platforms.We just tested some platforms.This is not how a realist thinks.Heck the Chinese have an entire regiment called the 2nd artillery regiment
Regiment or Corps, Sir?

Second Artillery Corps (China) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Second Artillery Corps (SAC) (simplified Chinese: 第二炮兵部队; traditional Chinese: 第二砲兵部隊; pinyin: Dì èr pàobīng bùduì) is the strategic missile forces of the People's Republic of China. The SAC is the component of the People's Liberation Army that controls China's nuclear ballistic and conventional missiles. China's total nuclear arsenal size is estimated to range between 240 nuclear weapons[1][2] to as many as 3,000 warheads hidden within an extensive tunnel system referred to as an "underground great wall".[3] The SAC comprises approximately 90,000-120,000 personnel and six ballistic missile brigades. The six brigades are independently deployed in different military regions throughout the country.

The Second Artillery Corps was established on 1 July 1966 and made its first public appearance on 1 October 1984. The headquarters for operations is located at Qinghe, Beijing. Second Artillery Corps is under the direct command of the Chinese Central Military Commission.

mayfair

I think it would be naive to go down this line of thinking. Understand your limitations, acknowledge your foe's strengths and weaknesses and be prepared. Let us not become Pakis. There are already 200million too many in this world.

Country flag
This chart is so of the mark! Agni lll start at 5,000km and 1800kgs? I dont get on what bases has he made the chart!!!
It just shows reducing the payload increases range.Nothing to get excited about
Because significant payload would have to be reduced to get even a 10 percent
Increase. It would be a lot easier just to increase the size of the missile to increase
Range or focus on developing SLBM's or use a bomber.

pmaitra

This is a very interesting plot. I would, of course, expect the curve to be a non-linear fit (exponential or logarithmic).

[table="width: 500, class: grid]
[tr][td]missile1[/td][td]range (km)[/td][td]payload (kg)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agni-1[/td][td]0700[/td][td]1000[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agni-1[/td][td]1200[/td][td]1000[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agni-2[/td][td]2000[/td][td]1000[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agni-2[/td][td]2500[/td][td]1000[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agni-3[/td][td]3000[/td][td]2500[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agni-3[/td][td]3500[/td][td]2500[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agni-3[/td][td]5000[/td][td]2000[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agni-4[/td][td]2500[/td][td]2000[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agni-4[/td][td]3700[/td][td]2500[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agni-5[/td][td]5000[/td][td]1500[/td][/tr]
[/table]

I used the above data, collected from various sources, and is probably noisy. This is what it looks like, and doesn't look like any curve can be fit. Of course, I need more data to make a better curve-fit.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
At present I don't see any superiority in Indian missiles , but if we maintain a good speed in our missile programs one day we will surpass Chinese missiles quality wise for sure.

johnnyboy

This article is very embarrassing... we should be proud of our achievements, but over-hyping or exaggerating them will leave us a laughing stock... last thing we need is to find ourselves in the same bracket as Pakis. :nono:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
The solid fuel in Agni-V is definitely a huge quality improvement but i wonder what is the shelf life on Solid fuels stored in a Missile???!!!!

Adux

Country flag
How is it surprising, genuine Indian piece of engineering and creativity is better than painted 1970's soviet junk?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles